As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini]SPA: Skaian Strife: White King: Winning Karma

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    no fucking shit

Antimatter on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Avraham wrote: »
    prospit is boOoOoOoOoOoned

:whistle:Rise with the Moon and go to bed with the Sun
    Early to bed and you'll miss all the fun
    Bring your wife trouble, she will never trouble you:whistle:

NeoToma on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Day 7: Checkmate

The black king is pursued. Cornered by some lowly white pawns, he is unable to do anything when the White King moves in for the kill.

Checkmate.

Meanwhile, in a timeless expanse...

Clipboard01-2.gif

Somewhere, a WARWEARY VILLEIN rues eternal struggle between feuding royalty.

The BATTLEFIELD holds little promise for the peaceful life of a simple farmer.

Tommy2hands: Black King Check, and mate.

Ok, here's the deal. Since someone didn't send in orders today, we still have one more day. However, since there's so few people left, I see no reason to wait until this time tomorrow to finish it, so when everyone is happy with the vote, confirm in lime. And once everyone has confirmed (or it's 9PM again), I'll resolve the day

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    EEEP.

NeoToma on
    edited March 2011
    Confirm after the votes are in. And, you know, vote too.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    and to think, I called off the hit on the white king

Note to self: Factions, mafia ain't shit

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Antimatter i guess???

Can someone explain why this game is still going on?

romanqwerty on
    edited March 2011
    Because WV still has a very small chance of winning

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    Alegis then I guess.

romanqwerty on
    edited March 2011
    Alegis

Antimatter on
    edited March 2011
    Alegis...for now..

romanqwerty on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Something special going on. I'll post info in a bit

Alegis on
    edited March 2011
    Hmm I shouldn't have forgotten to put in an order last night. Oh well. Ok this is how it's going down.

I'm the WV and my ability is either: kill if target is special (dragonnumbers, thetheroo etc) or convert if target is pawn (which so far was only lucedes. Segatai started masoned with me.)

If white king dies tonight (vote comes last, so my ability still goes through), white faction loses. You remain in play but you lost. None of you have abilities to prevent it if I aim true.
    The white pawns however can still win with me if they defect. As I can have pawns join up with me.

Still waiting for clarification as to what happens when white king is dead and if I still lose to the vote. Spoit told me that if you defect (and king is dead) WV and pawns win but I want to be sure, even if the vote is a tie or whatever.
    In any case you lose when white king dies unless you join up with me.

roman, antimatter - vote with me. And win, under the banner of the revolution

neotama

going for a short nap. if you have any questions I suggest you PM Spoit about all of this. Speaking of PMing spoit, In case I do lose to the vote PM him something in the lines of "I WILL DEFECT TO GLORIOUS WV", just in case. Not sure how to interprete one of his earlier PMs talking about defecting. Safest case is if I dont lose to the vote, of course.

Alegis on
    edited March 2011
    Clarification Denied on of what happens if the king dies and the vote is tied

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    neotoma

romanqwerty on
    edited March 2011
    I assume that means I die and everyone loses.

Antimatter, don't forget to change your vote. When white king dies all of white lose. If you switch the vote you win with me after white king is dead (tonight).

Me killing white king cannot be prevented by the vote, so white voting me out doesn't work.

Alegis on
    edited March 2011
    Ok, I've been informed that I was really really stupid, so the days going to be extended a little bit to allow people a chance to change. Going until everyone confirms their vote, or midnight PST to give some people a chance to react to the mistakes I've made

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    Antimatter on
    edited March 2011
    Alegis

romanqwerty on
    edited March 2011
    Alegis

NeoToma on
    edited March 2011
    Day 8: Survey Casualties.

The WV and the remaining white forces meet on the battlefield.

A plea made, a pawn swayed.

Neotoma makes to join with the rebels, but before he can take 2 steps, the other pawn leaps into action.

Without regard for his own safety, Antimatter flips out in the defense of the king. Weilding the mighty sword of innactivus, he cuts down the remaining rebels in a fit of WORKERS PURGATION.

White King: Survey Casualties:

02658.gif

Everyone is dead

Everyone but you

The White Kingdom are the winners!

Neotoma White Pawn innactivus
    Antimatter White Pawn WORKERS PURGATION
    Alegis Wandering Villein vote

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have no idea what happened, but it looks like I somehow completed my victory condition.

Please can someone explain what happened.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    woo! victory!

Dunadan019 on
    edited March 2011
    Here is the Spreadsheet

And the roles:
    WV?
    You are the WARWEARY VILLIEN.

632px-WV_Leading.png

You resigned as a soldier to work on a farm, but the battle came and destroyed all your crops. You hate kings and you think kings are really stupid. They are petty, bossy tyrants and are really full of themselves and are basically awful in every way.
    God do you hate kings. So much that your goal is to ELIMINATE ALL THREATS TO PEACE

Democratic Demagogy:Once per day you may choose a target to try to convert to your cause. This only works on the lowliest pawns; Any higher ranked targets will not be swayed by your words, and are instead killed. For Democracy, and stuff.

You have already convinced a fellow pawn, SeGaTai to join your cause, playernames. If you gain more converts, the rebellion may gain additional powers. For Democracy.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to your rebellion

Converted Pawn
    Spoit wrote:
    You are... A Converted Pawn!

632px-WV_Leading.png

You have been swayed by WV?’s (Alegis) words to forsake your fealty to the distant rulers of Derse or Prospit, and instead work towards PEACE and DEMOCRACY on the battlefield. By killing people.

PROLETARIAN PENITENCE: You may protect another player from harm, but at the cost of your own life. Whether or not they are attacked, you die at the end of the turn.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the rebellion

Jack Noir
    Spoit wrote:
    Jack Noir

634px-Comical_Hat.gif

The archagent of the dark kingdom, charged with overseeing affairs through his office's, and processing paperwork. You are forced to wear a silly garment in keeping with prototyping themes by the Black Queen, an order you resentfully complied with. Stupid lousy WISE AND JUST LEADER. What a royal pain in the ass. Bluh Bluh.

You are fed up with all this weird couture shit, and now your goal is TO KILL ALL THE SOLDIERS ON THE BATTLEFIELD. Especially the Black Queen, who is a huge bitch, bluh bluh. Killing a member of the skaian royalty may allow you to Ascend.

10-4: Once per day you may call in a favor from another agent of Derse. You cannot use the same favor twice in a row.
    • Hegemonic Brute will “taken care of” a single target with his meaty fists.
    • Draconian Dignitary will attempt to gather data, all sneaky like, revealing the role of a single target to you.
    • Courtyard Droll will help you appear innocent, making any seer attempts targeted at you today make you appear to be a pawn aligned with the seer. Also, he has a head full of bomb, so if you’re attacked today, you’ll manage to takem’ with you

Your goal: Kill all the soldiers. All of them

Black King
    Spoit wrote:
    The BLACK KING

634px-Bking.png

You command the black army on the skaian battlefield. Without your ability to command on the battlefield, your army will collapse, and be unable to win.

You are masoned with your queen, Nodgarb

ROYAL RECOGNITION: Choose one of your vanquished lieutenants (ie, a non-pawn). A random white/black pawn is promoted to fill that role. You may only use this power once.

Your Goal: Eliminate all threats to your faction without dieing

Black Queen
    Spoit wrote:
    The BLACK QUEEN

336px-Glorious_Monarch.gif

You sit on the throne and oversee the affairs of your kingdom on Derse. You may or may not be a huge bitch, bluh bluh.

Sovereign Sacrifice:You are the last line of defense for your kingdom. if necessary, you will automatically sacrifice yourself to protect your king, Tommy2hands. For without the King, your faction cannot win.

CONSORT CHARISMA: Your commanding presence makes others give your words more weight. Your votes count for double the normal amount

Your Goal: Eliminate all threats to your faction while keeping your King alive

Black Bishop
    Spoit wrote:
    The Black Bishop

347px-Uglybish.jpg

PONTIFICAL PROGNOSTICATION
    : Once per day you may choose a target to seer, revealing their identity

Black Rook
    Spoit wrote:
    The Black Rook

458px-Rook.png

BULWARK BLUFF: You are tricky. Each night, you may choose 2 players. The targets of their abilities (if applicable) are switched.

Black Knight
    Spoit wrote:
    The BLACK KNIGHT

634px-Knights2.png

OLIGARCHICAL ONSLAUGHT: Once per day, you may select a target to try to kill

Black Pawn
    Spoit wrote:
    A Black Pawn!

Black_Pawns.png

Sure you might not be as powerful as some of the other soldiers in the Derse army, but even pawns can take out another piece is used properly. And who knows, if you make it to the end of the battlefield, you may even be promoted.

PROLETARIAN PENITENCE: You may protect another player from harm, but at the cost of your own life. Whether or not they are attacked, you die at the end of the turn.

The white roles are pretty much the same, except, you know yellow. And the white queen may not have had that one line, bluh bluh.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    haha woke up and was about to change order. In any case, well done roman!

Alegis on
    edited March 2011
    Yeah i thought team white was boned from the start when i drew king because I tend to get targeted alot.

Yeah, i wasn't quite sure how it happened in the end, I thought I was ultra obvious as the white king.

Oh well. I was thinking that i wasn't being grudged enough. This game might change that.

romanqwerty on
    edited March 2011
    I have no idea what happened, but it looks like I somehow completed my victory condition.

This whole last day was a horrible mistake compounded on the other mistakes I made earlier. Waaaay back on the 1st day Alegis targeted romanqwerty, for his conversion/kill. When he asked me what was up with it taking the black queen out instead, I was the silliest of geese and made up something about busdriving in an attempt to not have the white king die day 2, ruining the game for half the people, rather than just admitting it was an auto-guard, or even the old clarification denied.

Anyway, at the beginning of today, there was Alegis, with his conversion/kill power, Romanqwerty, the king who had to live, and the 2 white pawns with their sacrificial power, and who also would lose if the king died.

So to make up for that mistake earlier, and also because I was advised by Rawkking_goodguy that I probably shouldn't autoresolve when there are conversions in play, I offered Alegis a deal. Rather than having no one win if he took out the king, and was in turn taken out by the vote, I bent the rules a bit. If he managed to kill the king (which would have gone off first), I would have allowed the (then leaderless) pawns to win under him if he wasn't vote killed.

But then that whole thing with him suspecting neotoma of being the king made me remember what a goose I was, and how I'd made up that lie all the way back then, so I came clean with him and extended the vote to give him a chance to put the clues together. But he went offline a couple minutes before I PMed him, and didn't get back until now :(

Not that it would have mattered, as antimatter used his sacrificial guard to protect the king anyway, so even if he had changed to the right target, he wouldn't have died.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    An intresting game! Always love MSPA themed Phallas :) Too bad I did'nt get the chance to use my power (White queen) that much, heh, I was zapped on day one.

On a side note, how useful do you think a double vote count would be? Strikes me as a not very useful power, but then again I could be looking at it from the wrong angle.

Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
    edited March 2011
    I'll post more once I wake up and am a bit more coherent, but how many Farangu's was this?

In retrospect, I probably should have used a more standard busdriver power. I thought that with everyone having a power, and it being a faction game, switching who's targeting who rather than who's being targeted would be more useful. I don't think it actually successfully processed even once. Though to be fair, farangu didn't send in orders most of the time and duna bit it day 1.

I probably also should have given the queen a bit more useful of a secondary power. The auto-guard worked as intended, but the double voting power was rather worthless with how much the village sheeped. I thought that the faction nature of the game and specifically pointing out that the vote trickled would have involved more fighting over the 2nd place vote.

In fact, as far as I can tell, there wasn't much networking going on until half the people were killed? The seers were really unlike with their targets, except for thetheroo, who said that he had successfully infiltrated one (which is what I intended with his powers, to make up for only having an every other day kill as a SK), but was killed that day by a lucky shot from WV.

EDIT: Yeah, in retrospect, I really screwed over the queens.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Heh, well, what power could they have had? Unless it was some kinda super-vig or something weird, I dunno, queens were just a bit shorted, hehe, it happens. :)

Also, what would've happened if Jack would've killed a royal? Game over, he wipes the battlefield?

Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
    edited March 2011
    They originally had the king's promotion power, but I shifted it to him to let him revive the queen

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    Spoit wrote: »

This whole last day was a horrible mistake compounded on the other mistakes I made earlier. Waaaay back on the 1st day Alegis targeted romanqwerty, for his conversion/kill. When he asked me what was up with it taking the black queen out instead, I was the silliest of geese and made up something about busdriving in an attempt to not have the white king die day 2, ruining the game for half the people, rather than just admitting it was an auto-guard, or even the old clarification denied.

Anyway, at the beginning of today, there was Alegis, with his conversion/kill power, Romanqwerty, the king who had to live, and the 2 white pawns with their sacrificial power, and who also would lose if the king died.

Haha...That explains the green part below..I was wondering how Alegis knew so much.

<Roman> yeah
    <Alegis> welp, apparently not sending in orders last night wasnt too swell of me
    <Alegis> anyways if you're a pawn you can with me
    <Roman> I...Guess
    <Alegis> else you lose when white king is dead
    <Roman> uhh
    <Roman> explain more
    <Roman> because i'm not gonna betray the king without more info
    <Alegis> Like I said before I convert pawns and spoit will allow me to take over orphaned pawns if they defect
    <Alegis> else they lose with the white king
    <Alegis> 'Also, if a faction loses their king, they instantly lose, however their players are not removed from the game.
    <Alegis> '
    <Roman> yeah
    <Roman> obviously, you know that right now, there's two white pawns, the white king and you...
    <Alegis> yeah
    <Roman> you can only convert one of the pawns right?
    <Alegis> any pawn. if king is dead and the pawns decide they want to defect spoit will allow it
    <Alegis> or something, otherwise one would be dead by the vote day after
    <Roman> yeah i suppose
    <Roman> but the best we can do right now is tie the vote?
    <Alegis> an attack on you was deflected to dragonnumbers, whose ability was that?
    <Roman> what day?
    <Alegis> actually I can die from the vote and white king will still lose. He said something confusing about me winning if the pawns defected even if I lost the vote
    <Alegis> day 2 orso
    <Alegis> when I killed dragonnumbers and you told the thread you deflected an attack and people shouldnt try it again
    <Roman> ok looking back now
    <Roman> lol what?
    <Alegis> oh, night 1 even
    <Roman> i don't understand this defecting
    <Roman> do we PM spoit saying we're defecting?
    <Roman> or is it assumed?
    <Alegis> I told him Id lose the vote and he said
    <Alegis> 'Basically, your power goes before the vote, and if you take out the king, the white team loses anyway. So if you kill the king, I'll allow the then orphaned pawns to win with you if you can convince them not to defect'
    <Alegis> I assume with 'not to defect; he actually meant 'defect'
    <Roman> yeah i guess so
    <Alegis> the only way this is bad for you is if you're actually the king. I havent decided yet
    <Roman> so i assume we just PM spoit with defecting
    <Alegis> but if the vote is on one and the kill/convert on the other I have certainty
    <Alegis> actually PMing wouldnt even be needed
    <Alegis> vote is last day after so my convert comes before vote kill
    <Alegis> so everyone would be converted before vote hits
    <Alegis> or the vote hits a converted person and he still wins
    <Roman> huh??
    <Roman> vote is last yes
    <Alegis> the only thing I'm not sure what happens is if I kill white king and lose to the vote
    <Alegis> if then the defecting comes into play after white king is dead and game is over or everyone simply loses
    <Roman> the trouble i'm having is that the vote could very well be tied
    <Roman> and then you die
    <Roman> and the white king dies
    <Roman> and i'm boned
    <Roman> (i don't trust that i can still win even if you die)
    <Alegis> yeah game has to end before I'm dead, I guess that's what spoit's pm about 'defecting' was about
    <Alegis> ill pm him, hopefullu hes onlione
    <Roman> ask him what happens in that scenario
    <Alegis> whose ability was the target deflecting thing on night 1?
    <Roman> his own iirc
    <Alegis> but it was on you!
    <Roman> yeah?
    <Roman> that's the queens power, sacrificial guard i think
    <Alegis> automatic?
    <Roman> what do you mean?
    <Alegis> that you're the king after all
    <Alegis> and the queen automatically hits it sacrificial guard
    <Roman> i'm not the king?
    <Alegis> I was wondering why my target on you earlier went to dragonnumbers instead, makes sense that its the sacrific. ability of the queen
    <Roman> yes?
    <Alegis> she chose to sacrifice herself for a pawn?
    <Alegis> one she didnt even have contact with on day 1 likely
    <Roman> the kings, queens and 2 pawns begin masoned together
    <Roman> the king can promote one of those 2 pawns to any lost special
    <Roman> i asked to be guarded because i get hit by kills day 1 ALOT
    <Roman> i didn't realise it was sacrificial and i don't think dragon did either
    <Roman> until it was after the fact

<Alegis> yeah the one thing that bugged me about all of this is going into the thread "ha! dont try that again!" or something
    <Roman> yeah
    <Roman> why would i say that
    <Roman> unless i didn't want them to try again
    <Roman> since we'd lost our guard
    <Alegis> you started masoned with neotama?
    <Alegis> who got upgraded to the lost special? you to queen?
    <Roman> nope
    <Roman> upgraded the other pawn
    <Roman> since i was already 'made'
    <Alegis> oh yeah there's two queens, and that explains the upgrade in narration
    <Roman> yeah
    <Roman> and this time we kept the guard on the king
    <Alegis> you started the vote on antimatter because you werent sure he was a pawn
    <Alegis> he's one of the peeps who came in knocking later I guess, you still werent sure about all the roles yesterday or something
    <Roman> no i knew he was a pawn
    <Roman> i wasn't sure he was white
    <Roman> since lucedes could have been either
    <Alegis> why do you think the vote will be a tie?
    <Roman> well neo won't vote with us
    <Roman> and antimatter might stick with him
    <Alegis> asked him as well what happens if it's a tie
    <Alegis> going to bed, ill try to wake up before deadline in case funny stuff is going on
    <Alegis> :)
    <Alegis> I suggest you PM spoit as well
    <Roman> what?
    <Roman> in 3 hours?
    <Alegis> it's at 6 Am?
    <Alegis> thought it was 9 AM my time
    <Roman> nah
    <Roman> 2 hours it closes
    <Roman> pretty sure
    <Roman> 2hors 12 mins
    <Alegis> bleh. well I'm not that desperate I think. ill just go to bed and see what happens
    <Roman> yeah
    <Roman> lets just hope neo is inactive as he's been most of the game
    <Alegis> if antimatter votes it should be alright
    <Roman> yeah i'll try and convince him
    <Roman> but i dunno
    <Roman> i think they're SE++ buddies or something
    <Alegis> oh
    <Alegis> yeah that could be troublesome
    <Alegis> but we'll see
    <Roman> yeah
    <Roman> at the very least
    <Roman> a tie could be funny
    <Roman> if everyone loses
    <Alegis> good night
    <Roman> night

romanqwerty on
    edited March 2011
    Well I made about 5 sheep posts total and even forgot to send in orders once, didn't deserve to win/have everyone lose :)

Not that I could do much except broker for my life the night prior when roman tried to vote me out. but then I messed up not sending in orders to convert a pawn

Alegis on
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ohh looking it over now it was quite possible for everyone to lose, which would have been an awesome outcome to a pointless war.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    dang

I thought there was a mafia, which was why I called off the hit on the white king when Void had told me he knew who he was, instead opting to find the Midnight crew first :c

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Excellent Game.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    edited March 2011
    Depending on how you look at it, there was either a mafia, or 2 SKers. WV and his conversion/kill and Jack, who was a more traditional SKer

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • ZapRatZapRat Mage of Mind A place apartRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Was there ever a mafia in the sense that there was a team where all players knew the identities of their teammates? If there weren't any such teams at the start, I suppose WV's converted pawns would be the 'Mafia'

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    WV was essentially the closest thing to a mafia faction. The SK bit is that if he was killed, the rest of the members of his faction were at a significantly reduced chance of winning.

I was a bit surprised that the pawns died whether they guarded or not, assumed they died on guard when Spoit was talking about it.

This game does not deserve any farangus, only things that could be improved is Spoit learning you really should never outright lie in your clarifications no matter what that may result in :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Also to Aleggis.

How could you lose

How could you lose :[

I was

cheering for you

You had victory in your grasp!

Rawkking Goodguy on