As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BSG:BG] Exodus Game 3 - Game Complete.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Turn 17: Admiral-CAG Felix Gaeta (Darian)

Receive Trauma Step: Darian draws the trauma token from the Sickbay location to his personal supply. A random token is taken from the supply and placed face down to the Sickbay to replace it.

Current Situation: (Counts reflect status after Darian's draw. Please note the resolution of the previous turn in post 400.)

PA-BSGBG-GameE03-T17-1.gif
    Resources: Fuel - 4, Food - 3, Morale - 8, Population - 11.

Jump Preparation: Level 4 - Jump available at high risk (-3 population on roll of 6 or lower).
    Pursuit Track: Level 1.

Distance Covered: 5

Galactica: Command and Hangar Deck damaged, Food lost, no boarding parties.
    Pegasus: Airlock and Main Batteries damaged.

Nuke Tokens: 2 remain.
    Quorum Cards: 7 in hand.

Ship Reserves: 4 Viper Mk IIs, 1 Viper Mk VII and 3 Raptors available, 2 Viper Mk IIs and 3 Viper Mk VIIs damaged.

Characters:
    President Tom Zarek (Plutonium) - President's Office (10 Cards, 3 Trauma)
    Admiral-CAG Felix Gaeta (Darian) - Sickbay (5 Cards, 3 Trauma)
    Anastasia "Dee" Dualla (Stiles) - Brig (5 Cards, 0 Trauma, Arbitrator)
    Lee "Apollo" Adama (Dracil) - Brig (7 Cards, 3 Trauma)
    Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - Resurrection Ship (3 Cards, 3 Trauma, 1 Super Crisis)

Allies:
    Tory Foster (Press Room)
    Beneficial Result: Political Strategist - Draw 3 Politics Skill Cards.
    Antagonistic Result: Questionable Ethics - Discard 2 random Skill Cards.
    Simon O'Neill (Sickbay)
    Beneficial Result: Cylon Medic - Draw 2 Skill Cards of any type (they may be from outside your skill set). Then move to any location.
    Antagonistic Result: Experimental Procedures - Draw 2 trauma tokens. Then move to any location.
    Gaius Baltar (Research Lab)
    Beneficial Result: Brilliant Scientist - You may look at 1 random Loyalty Card belonging to any player.
    Antagonistic Result: Odd Behavior - If distance is 7 or less, shuffle 1 "You are Not a Cylon" card into the Loyalty deck. Then draw 1 Loyalty Card. Otherwise, no effect.

Galactica Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - 1 Basestar, 3 Raiders, 1 Heavy Raider.
    Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) - 2 Raiders.
    Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) - 1 Basestar, 1 Raider.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - 3 Raiders, 1 Civilian Ship.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - None.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - None.

Cylon Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - None.
    Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) - None.
    Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) - None.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - None.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - None.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - None.

Conditions
    Arbitrator - Anastasia "Dee" Dualla (Stiles) - When a player activates the "Admiral’s Quarters" location, this player may discard this card to reduce or increase the difficulty by 3.

Darian, you draw only one card from your skill set due to starting in Sickbay. What'll it be?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Don't forget that he gets a trauma token for starting in sickbay.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ah, I forgot that it was before receiving skill cards. It has been noted.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    StilesStiles Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The situation is quickly spiraling out of control. Might I suggest heading to FTL and jumping us the frak out of here?

Stiles on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'll draw a Tactics.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Move to FTL control and throw the switch; use Strategic Planning (3) on the roll. Apply my reroll ability if the first roll would cause us to lose population.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Movement Step: Darian moves to FTL Control.
    Action Step: Darian activates the location, playing Tactics 3 - Strategic Planning to improve the die roll.

FTL Control Roll: 1+2 = 3, Fail. Darian uses his general ability, FTL Operator, to force a re-roll.
    Re-roll: 3+2 = 5, Fail. -3 Population.

Darian draws the top two cards from the Destination Deck and chooses one to resolve...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Jump Destination: Darian chooses to resolve destination Asteroid Field - Distance +3
    Lose 2 Fuel. Then draw 1 Civilian Ship and destroy it (lose the resources on the back).

Fuel is reduced by two and a Civilian Ship is drawn, -1 Population.

Distance has reached 8, the Crossroads Phase has been reached. The board is set, with a basestar and four raiders placed in each of the starboard-bow (11 o'clock) and starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) areas, and two vipers in each of the port-bow (7 o'clock) and port-quarter (5 o'clock) areas. Darian, I need to know what vipers will be placed in each area; you have four Viper Mk IIs and one Viper Mk VII available.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Put the Mk VII at 5 o'clock.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ohhhhh boy this is gonna be close.

Stiles on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Now things get interesting!

Rius on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I need to offer thanks to our former Admiral for digging deep enough into the destination deck for me to find that.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Darian places two Viper Mk IIs in the port-bow (7 o'clock) and one Viper Mk II and one Viper Mk VII in the port-quarter (5 o'clock).

Crossroads Phase: Each player now draws a Crossroads card, and will place a token from their personal supply on it to choose a result. Stiles, who has no Trauma, will be able to choose his outcome freely when his turn comes up. Once everyone has made a selection, Crossroads cards will be resolved in player order, starting with Darian.

Remember the secrecy rules, you can't say what cards you have. If you need a list of all the possible cards, see this post: five have been drawn from that set of seven.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hasn't helped we keep hitting jump prep.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Darian wrote: »
    I need to offer thanks to our former Admiral for digging deep enough into the destination deck for me to find that.

Sure, sure. Rub it in. The card I bottomed was Magic Funtime Party Planet. I still know where it is and I'm taking all my cylon friends there and you're not invited.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Crossroads Phase: All Trauma tokens have been locked in. Darian flips over his card first: Strange Music, and reveals his placed token: the result is Antagonistic. Who will draw a new Loyalty card?
    Beneficial Result: Nothing But Static - You must choose a player and look at all of his Loyalty Cards. Then discard 1 trauma token.
    Antagonistic Result: I Hear It - Shuffle 1 "You are Not a Cylon" card into the Loyalty deck. Then choose a human player to draw 1 Loyalty Card. Each Cylon player draws a trauma token.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just to double-check, the board WAS cleared except for the civilian on 3 and then Cylon ships placed at the top and Vipers placed at the bottom right?

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Give it to Dracil/Lee

Darian on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dracil wrote: »
    Just to double-check, the board WAS cleared except for the civilian on 3 and then Cylon ships placed at the top and Vipers placed at the bottom right?

Correct. This is the current board status.

PA-BSGBG-GameE03-T17-4.gif

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm up next, yes?

Stiles on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Crossroads Phase: A card is added from the "You Are Not A Cylon" pile to the Loyalty Deck; Dracil takes one of the cards. Professor Phobos draws a Trauma Token. Stiles reveals his Crossroads card, Miraculous Return. Since he had no Trauma to place, he gets free choice of outcome. What'll it be?
    Beneficial Result: I Believe - +1 morale. If any vipers have been destroyed, move 1 destroyed viper to the "Reserves". Then activate raiders twice.
    Antagonistic Result: It's a Trick - -1 morale. Draw a civilian ship to destroy. Then choose one basestar on the main game board and damage it.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    We've got a lot of morale...

Darian on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That's what I was thinking. All those Raiders activating would be bad news indeed.

Choose Antagonistic Result: It's a Trick - -1 morale. Draw a civilian ship to destroy. Then choose one basestar on the main game board and damage it.

Damage Starboard-Quarter Basestar

Stiles on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Crossroads Phase: Stiles chooses the Antagonistic result on his card. Morale is reduced by 1, a civilian ship is drawn and destroyed, -1 population. The starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) basestar is destroyed, Hangar Damaged.

Dracil reveals his Crossroad card, Scanned, and his placed trauma token; the result is Antagonistic.
    Beneficial Result: Order a Retreat - Remove 4 raiders of your choosing from the main game board. Lose 1 morale.
    Antagonistic Result: Order an Attack - Activate all raiders on the main game board and increase the Jump Preparation track by 1.
    Raiders are activated, moving the starboard-bow (11 o'clock) raiders to the starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) and the starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) raiders advance to the aft (3 o'clock). Jump preparation advances to Level 2.

Professor Phobos reveals his Crossroad card, Perjury, and reveals the trauma token; the result is Antagonistic.
    Beneficial Result: Gain Sympathy - You must discard 3 random Skill Cards and may then discard 2 trauma tokens.
    Antagonistic Result: Cast Aspersions - You must draw 2 trauma tokens and may then draw 2 Skill Cards.
    Professor Phobos draws two more trauma tokens and draws two skill cards, 1 Piloting and 1 Treachery.

Plutonium reveals his Crossroads Card, Testimony, and its trauma token; the result is Antagonistic. Who will take the blame?
    Beneficial Result: Forgiven - Choose another player. That player discards 2 random Skill Cards and may discard 2 trauma tokens.
    Antagonistic Result: Scapegoat - Choose another player. That player draws 2 Skill Cards and must draw 2 trauma tokens.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This game certainly got exciting, didn't it?

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Gaeta

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Interesting. If Gaeta survives, I think we got this.

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Darian needs to declare what two cards to draw; these cards should be from his normal draw.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sorry; Leadership and Tactics, please.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Crossroads Phase: Plutonium chooses Darian to make the draws. Darian draws 1 Leadership and 1 Tactics card, then adds two trauma tokens to his personal supply. Both of them are revealed - they are both Disaster.

Darian discards his hand of skill cards, Leadership 0 - Iron Will, Leadership 3 - Declare Emergency, Leadership 4 - At Any Cost, Tactics 0 - Trust Instincts, Tactics 1 - Launch Scout, and Engineering 2 - Repair, and reveals his loyalty cards: they are You Are Not a Cylon and You Are Not a Cylon: Personal Goal: Selfish: Discard Skill Cards Equal to 20 Strength.
    Action: Discard any number of Skill Cards with a combined strength of 20 to reveal this card.

Then, if distance is 6 or less, shuffle 1 "You Are Not a Cylon" card into the Loyalty deck and draw a new Loyalty Card.

If you are a human player and this card has not been revealed by the end of the game, lose 1 Fuel.
    Morale is reduced by one and Gaeta's character is removed from the game. Darian discards his revealed Loyalty and hidden Trauma, and must choose a new character before drawing a new Loyalty card and new Trauma.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    d-d-d-Doublekill

I totally forgot that I wired up the FTL lever to the electric socket. Or was that you Cain?

Small miracles. Though that loyalty reveal would have been nice at the end.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Just pick someone who can still be admiral and/or pilot. But I think admiral is more important at this point.

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    In fact Saul would be SWELL.

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    As long as he isn't removed via triple antagonistic draws, I've got a plan.

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I was mostly expecting that, and yeah Saul is probably good. Other interesting choice would be Cally, though. Would she be better?
    I'm on my phone -- will make a final decision tomorrow night when I'm back on my home computer.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm good with cally too. Probably better actually now that I think about it.

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Cally sounds like a good choice for her draw style, but I don't think she'd be worth it if you're just looking at her OPG.

Stiles on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It would wipe out Zarek's cards (10!) which will make it much easier for us to get out plus no sabotaging crisis checks till next turn, she'd turn into automatic admiral and cag and I'll get Zarek's quorum cards, and if he happens to have a pardon card in there that will get us out even more easily.

Much better than Saul having to take all three roles (less efficient)

2 repairers would also be pretty awesome because of how much damage we might be taking in the next few turns.

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I mean the main way we'd probably lose if he somehow drew three antagonistic tokens at once, which is pretty unlikely considering how many of them have been played on our crossroads cards, otherwise we kinda just need to sit tight for a few jumps and we should win. If Zarek is allowed to keep his presidential title, whoever he picks might just get brigged on Zarek's next turn.

Dracil on
  • Options
    AKelkAKelk Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Crossroads Phase: Stiles chooses the Antagonistic result on his card. Morale is reduced by 1, a civilian ship is drawn and destroyed, -1 population. The starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) basestar is destroyed, Hangar Damaged.

Shouldn't the revealed Cylon have drawn a trauma when the Basestar was damaged? Also, how'd you guys beat us to the crossroads phase? Fun game, though, I've been enjoying the show.

AKelk on