Options

Nanananananana Metroid!

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    MechMantis wrote:
    Lork wrote:
    Zero Mission is a better game than Super Metroid.

Yeah, I went there.

....Wait what?!

How? Super Metroid was actually a bit of a challenge.

Zero Mission was so hilariously easy you actually had to impose challenges on yourself, such as "getting no more than 5 energy tanks" or something.

Oh, and Ridley was a pushover in Zero Mission.

But Zero Mission had a stealth section. You ain't a great game unless you have a pointlessly tacked on stealth section.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    MechMantis wrote:
    Lork wrote:

Yeah, I went there.

....Wait what?!

Zero Mission was so hilariously easy you actually had to impose challenges on yourself, such as "getting no more than 5 energy tanks" or something.

But Zero Mission had a stealth section. You ain't a great game unless you have a pointlessly tacked on stealth section.

Yeah, but Super Metroid had dead bodies.

DEAD BODIES.

You cannot beat tail-whipped, clawed, and burnt corpses.

[spoiler:39ea966721]Space station[/spoiler:39ea966721]

I didn't see any gore in ZM.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Lork wrote:

Yeah, I went there.
    I like Zero Mission better than Super Metroid, and better any other GBA game as well. I love it so much it doesn't get old at all.

I beat it and got all the endings. Man, it was sure hard to get the 15% Hard ending, but the hardest ending was 100% in Hard.

RockinX on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I love Zero Mission. It's still my favorite Metroid. And I've played all of them.. except Echoes, which I'm getting to sometime in the near future.

slash000 on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    SimBen wrote:
    The one thing that's always bothered me in all these retcons is Super Metroid's intro. Back then it was fine, the last Metroid is in captivity, no reason to believe there were any more. But then Fusion comes along, and oops, the Federation had kept cell specimens and were actively cloning them. Well, so much for that. Still, it could be argued that Samus didn't know that and therefore, as far as she was concerned, it was the last Metroid. Then Prime shows there were also Metroids, as well as big-ass Metroid Prime, on Tallon IV. Once again, that's a relatively minor issue considering it can be guessed that all Metroids on Tallon IV were wiped out by Samus.
    You got the timeline screwed up here. Prime takes place directly after Metroid/Zero Mission. So that's way before 2, Super and Fusion. Therefore, it makes sense that there are Metroids on Tallon IV considering that the pirates on Tallon IV are pirates who have just escaped Zebes and brought their Metroids along. And, of course, at that point Samus hasn't committed the great SR-388 genocide yet.

Mind you, I've no idea where the Metroids in Fusion come from. Maybe the Federation panicked and starting cloning them as fast as they could once they realised Metroids are the X Parasite's natural enemies.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    MechMantis wrote:
    Lork wrote:

Yeah, I went there.

....Wait what?!

You're right. Super Metroid was harder than Zero Mission.

Because the controls weren't as good.

Because the puzzles were more contrived.

Because the combat wasn't as refined.

Because the collision detection wasn't as good.

Because the environments were more repetitive.

Because the gameplay had no direction at all.

I totally see what you mean.

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    GinsaneGinsane Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Lork wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Lork wrote:

Yeah, I went there.

....Wait what?!

Correct. I still have to help out my friend when he gets stuck in the wall-jump shaft.

Ginsane on
    Live!: Burnout Cowboy - DS: Too many.
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Ginsane wrote:
    Lork wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Lork wrote:

Yeah, I went there.

....Wait what?!

Because the controls were better.

Because the puzzles were more challenging.

Because the combat was more refined.

Because the collision detection was spot on.

Because the gameplay was ahead of its time.

Correct. I still have to help out my friend when he gets stuck in the wall-jump shaft.

If you can't wall jump, you've got no rhythm.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    SimBen wrote:
    The one thing that's always bothered me in all these retcons is Super Metroid's intro. Back then it was fine, the last Metroid is in captivity, no reason to believe there were any more. But then Fusion comes along, and oops, the Federation had kept cell specimens and were actively cloning them. Well, so much for that. Still, it could be argued that Samus didn't know that and therefore, as far as she was concerned, it was the last Metroid. Then Prime shows there were also Metroids, as well as big-ass Metroid Prime, on Tallon IV. Once again, that's a relatively minor issue considering it can be guessed that all Metroids on Tallon IV were wiped out by Samus.
    You got the timeline screwed up here. Prime takes place directly after Metroid/Zero Mission. So that's way before 2, Super and Fusion. Therefore, it makes sense that there are Metroids on Tallon IV considering that the pirates on Tallon IV are pirates who have just escaped Zebes and brought their Metroids along. And, of course, at that point Samus hasn't committed the great SR-388 genocide yet.

Mind you, I've no idea where the Metroids in Fusion come from. Maybe the Federation panicked and starting cloning them as fast as they could once they realised Metroids are the X Parasite's natural enemies.

No, I know the Prime series is all contained between M1/ZM and RoS, but my point was that there are Metroids on Aether that definitely aren't indigenous from there, which means that Samus had to know that the Pirates had a supply of Metroids, therefore unless there's an unseen Pirate-Metroid genocide that takes place between Echoes and RoS, the SR-388 Metroids definitely aren't the last ones and Samus knows it. The Tallon IV Metroids aren't so much an issue anyway since they're also indigenous to that planet (spawned from Metroid Prime), and that I've always considered it implied that after killing Metroid Prime, Samus went around all of Tallon IV to destroy every last Metroid there, permanently since the source of Metroids had been destroyed as far as she knew. And, again, seeing as how the Pirates have somehow an access to Metroids as of Echoes, the only reason Ridley would need to steal "The last Metroid" would be if that supply had somehow been destroyed in the meantime.

Which I'm sure is simply something the Retro writers forgot about.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I think Fusion would be the best Metroid if the later bossfights weren't so damn brutal.

I beat the SA-X at the end by having enough energy tanks to just sit there and let it own me as I shot it.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Ginsane wrote:
    All the world in one girl. Ocremix Super Metroid song. It's a great way to start off playing Prime1. Rain on your visor.

I wish Nintendo would release some patch to let us use a Wii Remote for these two games. Maybe when they release the third game...
    wishful thinking

That with the sadder second part "One Girl in All the World" are in my top 5 OCRemixes list, love them to death. The happy one is the best, though.

And uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Super Metroid is the best one ever. My opinion is fact, and your opinion is dumb and wrong and filled with stinky lies.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Lork wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Lork wrote:

Yeah, I went there.

....Wait what?!

Also because you weren't constantly pointed to your next objective, which is a constant annoyance in all post-SM Metroids (especially Fusion). Super Metroid was awesome BECAUSE it was gigantic and you had to figure it all out on your own.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Lork wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Lork wrote:

Yeah, I went there.

....Wait what?!

Controls: I didn't mind them so much. I've only been having trouble with them because my controller's D-pad is wearing out. I bought the SNES at launch, and I'm still using the controller that came with it, so...

Puzzles: I'm not really remembering any puzzles in Super that I didn't solve in a few seconds. Gimmie an example of one you found difficult.

Hell, in my opinion, there were no puzzles. Just barriers that were easy to go through if you had the right item.

Combat: In both games, you just pound the fire button until whatever you're shooting at dies. How can you refine that?! The only difference is that you can fire your beam faster in Zero Mission.

Collision Detection: I found it just fine. I didn't notice any errors in either game.

Gameplay Direction: I have no brain whatsoever and need something to tell me where to go and what to do at all times, because exploring is just dumb.[/sarcasm]

MechMantis on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    HadjiQuest wrote:
    I think Fusion would be the best Metroid if the later bossfights weren't so damn brutal.

I beat the SA-X at the end by having enough energy tanks to just sit there and let it own me as I shot it.

SA-X is easy as hell. Get her on the floor and keep jumping over her head, back and forth. Charge up shots and beg her in the back. You should be able to beat her without taking a single hit.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    HadjiQuest wrote:

SA-X is easy as hell. Get her on the floor and keep jumping over her head, back and forth. Charge up shots and beg her in the back. You should be able to beat her without taking a single hit.

Everyone keeps telling me that, and it never works. She always jumps up into me when I try to get over her.

Edit: Also, I don't have Prime 2 yet, and I hear that it's extremely dull, and way more difficult than would be worthwhile. Should I bother to get it?

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Eggplant WizardEggplant Wizard Little Rock, ARRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Just reading these threads makes me want to go back and play Metroid Prime again. What is it about these Metroid games that makes them so awesome? If Nintendo could can it and sell it, they'd have to make it illegal because there would be Metroid junkies on every corner and human civilization would grind to a halt.

Eggplant Wizard on
    Hello
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    MechMantis wrote:
    Lork wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Lork wrote:

Yeah, I went there.

....Wait what?!

Controls: I didn't mind them so much. I've only been having trouble with them because my controller's D-pad is wearing out. I bought the SNES at launch, and I'm still using the controller that came with it, so...

Puzzles: I'm not really remembering any puzzles in Super that I didn't solve in a few seconds. Gimmie an example of one you found difficult.

Hell, in my opinion, there were no puzzles. Just barriers that were easy to go through if you had the right item.

Combat: In both games, you just pound the fire button until whatever you're shooting at dies. How can you refine that?! The only difference is that you can fire your beam faster in Zero Mission.

Collision Detection: I found it just fine. I didn't notice any errors in either game.

Gameplay Direction: I have no brain whatsoever and need something to tell me where to go and what to do at all times, because exploring is just dumb.[/sarcasm]

Super Metroid is the last Metroid I played. I got Fusion, Zero, Metroid, Prime, and Prime 2 before I played that. Super Metroid was by far the easiest. Now, it's probably not because it's an easier game, it's probably because all of the past Metroid experience. Everybody who's played Super Metroid first, well, that's probably your explanation as to why it's the most difficult, it's the first one you played.

Anybody else who's played the 2D Metroids first and then Super Metroid, well, I don't know. They all play the same, I don't know how you couldn't figure one of them out.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    HadjiQuest wrote:
    HadjiQuest wrote:

Everyone keeps telling me that, and it never works. She always jumps up into me when I try to get over her.

Edit: Also, I don't have Prime 2 yet, and I hear that it's extremely dull, and way more difficult than would be worthwhile. Should I bother to get it?

Dull? What tard told you that?

It is harder than Prime 1, but I wouldn't call Prime 1 particularly difficult. So take that as you will.

If you liked Prime 1 you will like Prime 2. The only thing dull I can think of about it is the dark world... because... well... it's dark.

It has awesome boss fights, awesome puzzles, and awesome landscapes. I only have 2 real big complaints about Prime 2: A) It is easy as fuck to get lost, you will be pulling up the map screen a LOT. B) The environments aren't as hugely varied e.g., you don't go from ice world to fire world, etc. Prime 2 is more like ship wreckage to dank swamp to high desert cliffs to sprawling futuristic metropolis.

People complain about the ammo system a lot, but it is in reality a minor quibble as ammo is not scarce in the least.

I would recommend playing Prime 1 a while before starting Prime 2. Prime 2 doesn't hold your hand like Prime 1 did.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I like Metroid Fusion the best out of all the Metroids. To explain why, let me repost what I said in the "most memorable gaming moments" thread. Spoiler warning for Fusion and all that.
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Metroid Fusion. That game blew me away so many times and made a hardcore Metroid fan out of me.

Every single time the SA-X shows up is either a "dun dun DUNN" moment or an "Oh shi-" moment.
    1) Okay, so I've established that the X have gotten into the breeding grounds, so I take an elevator down to check it out. *boom* What the, is... is that Samus? Why is she in her old suit? Why... *closeup* Ah. Ok. Evil. *boom* ...and... powerful!
    2) I just killed a boss, looking for a save point, hey, what's the ominous music and metallic footsteps? Oh lookie, it's the SA-X. Can I take it on? You bet I can! *pew pe-* *Schzzing!* ...Oh, I'm dead.
    2) Hmm, a dead end. I'm going to drop a bunch of bombs on the floor to see if anything is breakable. Hmm, all breakable by power bombs, eh? I'll have to come here later. Wait, what's this small passageway made entirely out of power bomb blocks? Let's roll into a ball and explore. Hmm, dead end OH CRAP IT'S SA-X I hope it doesn't see me hiding here OH CRAP IT DROPPED A POWER BOMB don't panic don't panic I'm exposed but it's moving on, let's follow it slowly OH CRAP I FELL THROUGH THE FLOOR no problem, I caught an edge, but I think I'll climb to safer ground OH CRAP I FELL THROUGH ANOTHER FLOOR.
    3) Walking in ARC... hm? I think I hear a door open behind me. Um, *runs* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
    4) Rolling as a ball into the plant-infested TRO. Oh, I fell through a floor. Ow, what did I hit? Oh. *runs* AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH *hides in a little corner so close to the SA-X that it's a miracle it doesn't hear my heartbeat.*
    And then there are all the subtle signs, mostly in the from of senseless carnage, which is the SA-X's way of saying "I was here. I am close. I bet you're peeing your pants, girl."

Other points of interest.
    -Seeing the frozen Ridley
    -When the computer, from out of nowhere, starts talking to some strange person. Ohes noes, there's a conspiracy against Samus!
    -Getting the diffusion missiles seemingly by accident because the computer never goads you to get it and you don't know why you have it until later.
    -Lala la, what a nice empty glass-covered area in ARC. The last time I was here, it was relaxing and HOLY SHI- WHAT IS THAT GIGANTIC SHADOW THAT'S SHAKING THE ENTIRE ROOM
    -Oh phew, I'm glad I'm away from that shadow and now I ca- "WARNING. EMERGENCY IN SECTOR PYR."
    -Seeing metroids! So cute! love
    -THERE ARE 10 SA-X!?!

(Hey Campion, did you ever get that PM I sent you?)
    (Hey Magus, you owe me a picture. :wink: )

Eyes5 on
  • Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Prime 2 was a bit more difficult than the first game, but it still wasn't that hard. On normal mode, the only boss I died more than a couple times against was the Boost Ball Guardian. Hard mode killed me a good number of times, but it still always felt doable. Agon Wastes and Temple Grounds are sort of dull, but Torvus isn't, and Sanctuary Fortress is one of the best areas ever in a Metroid game. Plus, the boss fights in Echoes are just awesome, better than those of the first Prime in my opinion (Quadraxis is so much fun).

I think anyone who liked Metroid Prime should play Echoes. I liked Prime 1 more, but that can be said of most games I've played, and Echoes is still one of my favorite Gamecube games.

Kaputa on
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    MechMantis wrote:
    Lork wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Lork wrote:

Yeah, I went there.

....Wait what?!

Controls: Why is using rockets such a pain in the ass? Why is jumping/somersaulting so imprecise? Why is there a whole button reserved for running when the only reason to use it is to destroy a certain type of block which can only be found in specialized rooms? Why is the angle of diagonal shots so fucking useless? (at least the level design of the newer Metroids takes this into account). Hell, why is the default button layout so dumb? It can be changed, but still.

Puzzles: That's exactly what the puzzles are; you find breakable blocks and use the corresponding item on them, or make a note of them and come back later if you don't have it. Many of these blocks were arbitrarily hidden and couldn't be discovered unless you constantly lay bombs everywhere. Missed a spot in what otherwise looks like a dead end? Have fun running back and forth through the same corridors for hours on end.

Combat: Many of the enemies had way too much health - pounding away at a mostly harmless enemy for half a minute was not fun. Many enemies also had a nasty habit of clipping through you and following you around while still inside you, making them hard to shake. You couldn't hit them because your shots started at the edge of your gun, but they damaged you every second they stayed inside you.

Collision Detection: Falling through the edge of ledges was a pretty common occurrence for me, as was being damaged by projectiles that should've been clean misses.

Gameplay Direction: Zebes doesn't follow any logic or consistent pattern - without some kind of hint or objective, all you can do is wander aimlessly until you stumble onto something new. Aimless wandering is not challenging or intellectually stimulating, just tedious. Liking that particular aspect of the earlier Metroids doesn't mean you're smarter than somebody who doesn't, it means that you're more tolerant of bullshit.

I enjoyed Super Metroid, but the people at Nintendo learned a lot between it and Zero Mission, and it shows.

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Lork wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Lork wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Lork wrote:

Yeah, I went there.

....Wait what?!

Controls: Why is using rockets such a pain in the ass? Why is jumping/somersaulting so imprecise? Why is there a whole button reserved for running when the only reason to use it is to destroy a certain type of block which can only be found in specialized rooms? Why is the angle of diagonal shots so fucking useless? (at least the level design of the newer Metroids takes this into account). Hell, why is the default button layout so dumb? It can be changed, but still.

Puzzles: That's exactly what the puzzles are; you find breakable blocks and use the corresponding item on them, or make a note of them and come back later if you don't have it. Many of these blocks were arbitrarily hidden and couldn't be discovered unless you constantly lay bombs everywhere. Missed a spot in what otherwise looks like a dead end? Have fun running back and forth through the same corridors for hours on end.

Combat: Many of the enemies had way too much health - pounding away at a mostly harmless enemy for half a minute was not fun. Many enemies also had a nasty habit of clipping through you and following you around while still inside you, making them hard to shake. You couldn't hit them because your shots started at the edge of your gun, but they damaged you every second they stayed inside you.

Collision Detection: Falling through the edge of ledges was a pretty common occurrence for me, as was being damaged by projectiles that should've been clean misses.

Gameplay Direction: Zebes doesn't follow any logic or consistent pattern - without some kind of hint or objective, all you can do is wander aimlessly until you stumble onto something new. Aimless wandering is not challenging or intellectually stimulating, just tedious. Liking that particular aspect of the earlier Metroids doesn't mean you're smarter than somebody who doesn't, it means that you're more tolerant of bullshit.

Controls: Eh, I never had a problem with it.

Puzzles: ...And this is different in Zero Mission how?

Combat/collision: Only in Norfair, if I remember correctly. By that time you have the Screw Attack, so just jump right through 'em. Nothing except for metroids are invulnerable to Screw Attack.

I also direct you to Plasma Beam. Things died almost as soon as I looked at them with that weapon. <3

Clipping was never a problem for me... only the zebs and other "fly at you out of pipe" enemies clipped through me, and they were long gone before they got a second hit. Perhaps you shouldn't run right into enemies...?

Direction: I just took a path that seemed natural, and I grabbed the items and killed the bosses that were required for me to win. If I did make a wrong turn, I was generally rewarded with a missile container or an energy tank, so it wasn't all that big a deal that I went off the "main path".

MechMantis on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I just started playing Metroid Prime recently and I'm not very far in and I have just left it on the shelf for a while now untouched. I don't think it's the game itelf but I seem to have a mental block when it comes to some 3D games. I think I just reach a point where I'm running around and have no idea where to go next and there's so much space to go, and I keep running down one corridor and then into this room, down that elevator and , whoops, I'm back at my bloody ship again.

As I say I don't think it's the game, I just lose interest very quickly. I did the same thing with Hunters. I completed Fusion and and really enjoyed that (mostly), and I remember a large part of my childhood spent with Super Metroid, even though I never actually completed it myself. So I'd say I'm a middle-of-the-road Metroid fan. I think I need to just keep slugging away at Prime and see what happens.

I think I might give Zero Mission a go. I always got the impression that it was the black sheep of Metroid and not well liked, but it seems I might enjoy it.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I like the Prime games better than the 2D ones.

There, I said it.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    MechMantis wrote:
    Puzzles: ...And this is different in Zero Mission how?
    Lots more unique features and things to interact with, for example the zip lines and associated puzzles (having to bomb jump into it).

I agree with Lork completely. Looking back, there was so much crap you had to put up with in SM. It was rather frustrating. I don't know that I'd say it hasn't aged well, but the refined recent releases sure have shone a darker light on it.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    MikeRyu wrote:
    I just started playing Metroid Prime recently and I'm not very far in and I have just left it on the shelf for a while now untouched. I don't think it's the game itelf but I seem to have a mental block when it comes to some 3D games. I think I just reach a point where I'm running around and have no idea where to go next and there's so much space to go, and I keep running down one corridor and then into this room, down that elevator and , whoops, I'm back at my bloody ship again.

As I say I don't think it's the game, I just lose interest very quickly. I did the same thing with Hunters. I completed Fusion and and really enjoyed that (mostly), and I remember a large part of my childhood spent with Super Metroid, even though I never actually completed it myself. So I'd say I'm a middle-of-the-road Metroid fan. I think I need to just keep slugging away at Prime and see what happens.

I think I might give Zero Mission a go. I always got the impression that it was the black sheep of Metroid and not well liked, but it seems I might enjoy it.

I got that as well for both Primes, but for a different reason. I didn't have any issue about getting lost, but for some reason whenever I reach a save point I have a strong desire to quit for a while. Letting them sit on the shelf unplayed just feels right for some reason. I never did end up beating either, though I did get to the final boss in the first one before finally putting it down.

Zero Mission is awesome. Play it.

jothki on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Lork wrote:

Yeah, I went there.
    Oh come on! That's ridiculous.

Fusion was better.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Have we discussed how awesome MP3 is going to be? We have? Let's talk about it some more!

The demo vids were fucking incredible looking.
    Spoiler'd just in case.
    [spoiler:889868b7fb]The fight with Ridley down that huge ass shaft was so sweet.

The controls look wonderful. Ripping shields out of the hands of unwary Pirates and lighting them up is sure to be great fun.[/spoiler:889868b7fb]

SirToasty on
  • Options
    PoochPooch Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ShimSham wrote:
    Lork wrote:

Yeah, I went there.

Fusion was best.
    Fixed

Pooch on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    There is a trailer on www.gameinformer.com that shows how much better MP3 is starting to look over the past two.

Dark Samus really looks great.

Magus` on
  • Options
    Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ShimSham wrote:
    Lork wrote:

Yeah, I went there.

Fusion was better.
    Pfft! Fusion holds your hand too much. Zero Mission does it a little at the beginning, but eventually leaves you to feel like the space-age spelunker that Samus is. Fusion keeps you in a cradle the whole time.

Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ShimSham wrote:
    Lork wrote:

Yeah, I went there.

Fusion was better.
    Pfft! Fusion holds your hand too much. Zero Mission does it a little at the beginning, but eventually leaves you to feel like the space-age spelunker that Samus is. Fusion keeps you in a cradle the whole time.
    And the intended sequence breaking gave the game a lot of replay value, too. I beat it more than 8 times to get all the portraits, which is more than I can say for Fusion.

EDIT: I'll wait until I can play Super before agreeing that ZM's better, though.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Super Metroid, IMO, is still the best overall 2D Metroid. Sure, some of the other Metroid games do something better, but for an overall experience, you can't beat SM.

Magus` on
  • Options
    Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Zero Mission just holds a very special merit to me for being the only game I've ever bothered to speed-run. I played through it at least seven times... Speed-runs, low-percent runs, near-to-full 100% runs, and then all those all over again on Hard mode. God, I was just a thread away from getting the best portrait on my low-percent Hard speedrun, but ended up getting one Energy tank too many. The real painful part is that it was the one right before Ridley, because I'd died on him a million times--but by the time I beat him, I didn't even dip into it! I decided to keep playing regardless because I went through the fight so many times. I'm convinced that if I hadn't gotten that Energy Tank (which, I'll say again, I didn't even make adequate use of, dammit) I would have gotten the best portrait.

Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    Neo RasaNeo Rasa Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Magus` wrote:
    There is a trailer on www.gameinformer.com that shows how much better MP3 is starting to look over the past two.

Dark Samus really looks great.

I haven't been too frustrated with the delays since this just looks more and more awesome with each new clip/etc. that's revealed. I'm at the point now where I want this game more than any other Wii title though. I'm probably not getting any other Wii games until it comes out unless they were ported from the TG-16. ;)

Neo Rasa on
    "You know how Batman hangs people over the edge of buildings and gets them to spill information. That's Neo Rasa's way of it, but instead of information, he just likes to see people suffer." ~Senor Fish
  • Options
    mantidormantidor Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I really can't decide which one is better, since Zero mission was basically metroid 1 with as many Super Metroid stuff as possible, I'm a bit inclined towards SM though, basically because of Maridia and the final boss, ZM has its moments but they don't top that one.

mantidor on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    darksamusnn1.jpg

darksamus2fr4.jpg

Oh yeah.

Magus` on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Magus` wrote:
    Dark Samus awesomeness.

Oh yeah.
    :o

I don't even have a Wii and I am so hyped for this game.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Neo RasaNeo Rasa Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Magus` wrote:
    darksamusnn1.jpg

I love how Dark Samus is all "wtf A button whut hell?"

Neo Rasa on
    "You know how Batman hangs people over the edge of buildings and gets them to spill information. That's Neo Rasa's way of it, but instead of information, he just likes to see people suffer." ~Senor Fish
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    http://www.gameinformer.com/Images/downloads/movies/2006/e3/nintendo/metroid-1.mp4

Direct link to the video for those who want to see it.

darksamus3my3.jpg

Magus` on