As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Hit 13/50 tonight, making good progress. Just knocking out all the easy stuff I can do from 1 campaign done. Getting near the end of that though. I think I need to grab the few heroes I don't have now before I finish up gathering their armor. Good night tonight that I finished the Inlet and Pacman wurm challenges worth of armor (5 heroes each) in merely 2 days. All I need now is the final 5 from Nightfall and I can try out the nice AFK glints challenge build I saw on PVX for the final 10.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Not sure the AFK Glint build works fine if it's the one I'm thinking of (where you ditch the weapons from most of your heroes etc).

Easiest way to do Glint's is just grab the spirit/MM/heal portion of 7hs, and 2-3 guildies who also need armour remnants.
    Kai_San wrote: »
    If you arent talking about the trials where you fight 4 battles showcasing each type of arena, then why arent you? It allows heroes (and more than 4 I might add) or gives you teammates. Its rediculously easy and all but the last one is fast. Last one takes 2 mins causr its killcount. Its repeatable and each run is roughly 1200 points. No reason not to do it.
    That is, I'm pretty sure, the one I'm talking about. I can't repeat it on my Warrior (either talking to the Guide or the dude who sends you to the actual arenas), so that's why I warn about handing the quest.

Maybe it's because I completed it when it was first released or something?

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    I did glint's semi-afk using a build from Guru - http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5563998&postcount=204 . I couldn't go 100% afk (first wave and the destroyers of lives could be tricky), probably because I didn't have great gear on all my heroes, but it was fairly reliable.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Using the standard 7-hero support and two deldrimor skills (blizzard and the potion of fuck you destroyers) plus some aoe (in my case barrage) it's really easy to solo glint's.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Oh I know its soloable, but I wanna see if I can set up the afk build.

I don't think it involved weaponless heroes either.

If not, if its possible to "almost" afk it, soloing would be a breeze. Im not worried if I have to actually play. But I know it will be easy.

• Options

If not, if its possible to "almost" afk it, soloing would be a breeze. Im not worried if I have to actually play. But I know it will be easy.

Given how little I typically had to do with my gimped heroes in the AFK build I linked, that build could probably be done 100% afk if completely done. As it was, I basically just sat around 90% of the time, only helping clean up wave 1 once the mobs had packed together, and focusing on the Destroyers of Lives in wave 4 or 5 (as if two were up at once it could cause problems for me). Otherwise I was tabbed out reading webpages just glancing over to ensure there weren't any destroyers in my camp causing havoc.

Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I almost got battle last night. I made it to the final wave by subbing out my necros and putting in two splinter barrage rangers. Not the most optimal set up but I at least have some hope that I can figure out this little puzzle.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    steejee wrote: »

Given how little I typically had to do with my gimped heroes in the AFK build I linked, that build could probably be done 100% afk if completely done. As it was, I basically just sat around 90% of the time, only helping clean up wave 1 once the mobs had packed together, and focusing on the Destroyers of Lives in wave 4 or 5 (as if two were up at once it could cause problems for me). Otherwise I was tabbed out reading webpages just glancing over to ensure there weren't any destroyers in my camp causing havoc.

I was doing glint's challenge semi afk last night, I had to step in during wave 5 since the heroes where slow in keeping up with killing destroyers. I used this build from gwpvx but used a necro for the second ES mesmer with slightly different skills.

Removing weapons is really important or the group will wipe during the first wave. Once you have martial weapons or no weapons equipped the AI does not cast chaos storm on you.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    As a note on the AFK glint build, it is very possible to do. It's currently my main money-making mechanism, as it's so easy to do.

They key is correct positioning of your heroes and yourself. If you use the loadout and positioning in this youtube video you'll be fine. Each run takes 15-20 minutes, for reference, and I'll make about 7k in each one, assuming no good drops like lockpicks or black dye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Qwo-ZcJ_k

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Ket, how much do you sell your destroyer cores and armors for?

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Ket, how much do you sell your destroyer cores and armors for?

Cores are somewhere between 250 an 300g/ea these days from what I've seen.

• Options
    Cloth of the brotherhood goes easy at 4k. I actually salvage my destroyer cores for granite as it was more profitable a few weeks ago to sell the granite than to see the cores. The prices may or may not have dropped since then, you'll have to check. You'll get around four cores per mission. You also get a significant amount of iron from weapon drops, which adds up. Lockpicks will drop once every four runs or so, and gold weapons have about the same frequency. In doing...40 or so glint runs I've only seen one or two white dyes drop and no blacks. You should also get around 400g each time just for finishing the mission.

As for repeatability, with the layout above and deldrimor level 5, and bringing a pet to level and absorb damage (heroes do not rez pets so it's no loss to bring) I haven't wiped. When I was at deldrimor level 3 I would occasionally wipe in the first wave, but even then it wasn't frequent.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Why is your deldrimor rank important if you're afking it?

• Options
    I believe your heroes get the bonus too

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    OrmussOrmuss Registered User regular
    Okay. What's the best plan of these:

Option 1 - Level an alt through Factions, for the sole purpose of getting the Factions-specific armor sets (because my stupid dervish can't).

Option 2 - Make do with the other sets available for dervishes, despite the probably larger cost.

Thoughts?

• Options
    Ormuss wrote: »

Option 1 - Level an alt through Factions, for the sole purpose of getting the Factions-specific armor sets (because my stupid dervish can't).

Option 2 - Make do with the other sets available for dervishes, despite the probably larger cost.

Thoughts?

Make do with the other sets. I never bought the factions armor. The EotN armor is the cheapest by far if you get the rep, I think. Plus, you just need to farm like 20 plat more at most per armor set to make other sets.

Although, if you want to make a factions alt to level, make a ritualist and then realize that any other class you ever played was a waste of time in terms of speed farming. Then go solo farm underworld for ectos and be rich.

• Options
    edited April 2012

Thoughts?

Make do with the other sets. I never bought the factions armor. The EotN armor is the cheapest by far if you get the rep, I think. Plus, you just need to farm like 20 plat more at most per armor set to make other sets.

Although, if you want to make a factions alt to level, make a ritualist and then realize that any other class you ever played was a waste of time in terms of speed farming. Then go solo farm underworld for ectos and be rich.

Unless he's talking about Luxon/Kurzick vs Vabbian. The EotN sets are indeed cheap (as are most of the nightfall), but Vabbian is crazy expensive compared to Luxon/Kurzick. I'm running an alt up to 20 into Factions just to buy those. Far more enjoyable than farming out the cash for Vabbian (especially after spending most of what money I had to buy 4 other sets).

I went with Ancient, Primeval, Norn, and Monument for four of the five armor sets I'm getting. Rep for the last two is really easy to get to rank 5 (basically, just do the normal dungeon book for EotN again for Norn [or Asura] and Ebon Vanguard you can either do book or do the first War in Kryta quest a dozen times) and those four sets are fairly cheap and share a lot of mats. Plus, the Norn sets are great looking.

steejee on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm 3/4 of the way through Nightfall and considering rolling a Rit alt to blow through Factions, myself. Then having a serious debate with myself over which one to take through EotN.

• Options
    Fyi, luxon/kurzick armor is 1 hom point all on its own. And I found in my calculations it was a point I would be hard pressed to find elsewhere without spending insane money.

• Options
    Fyi, luxon/kurzick armor is 1 hom point all on its own. And I found in my calculations it was a point I would be hard pressed to find elsewhere without spending insane money.

Hence my alt =) (Main is a Dervish, so no dice on Luxon/Kurzick sets)

My final HoM is http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=details&details=gUBAA8////DAgQoCggHAAAgAAAIAAAAAOIEIQAAAAAA&todo=EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Having an account that's over 5 years old made the Minis a very good option. The only thing that was hugely time consuming was the Vanquishing, which netted me serveral titles plus lots of cash. The titles only amounted to 1 more point, but probably paid for the four armor sets I have.

• Options
    Oh, my bad. I've made this mistake twice now. I keep forgetting nightfall characters can't get the luxon/kurzick armor. (Which seems silly.)

• Options
    OrmussOrmuss Registered User regular
    Hrmm. Cross that bridge when I come to it, I guess. Seems like an alt might be the best way to go, despite the increased time it will take to do Factions compared to rolling through it with my heroes and whatnot.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Hrmm. Cross that bridge when I come to it, I guess. Seems like an alt might be the best way to go, despite the increased time it will take to do Factions compared to rolling through it with my heroes and whatnot.

if your alt is a ritualist i can teach you to make MAD CASH

• Options
    speaking of MAD CASH

it finally happened

FH1qf.jpg

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    ...I should make a rit. All from farming UW?

• Options
    So, you need some help uh... storing all that cash?

:P

• Options
    Geod wrote: »
    ...I should make a rit. All from farming UW?

200k was from selling my everlasting phantasmal tonic
    other than that, yup

this was how i took breaks while studying for exams

• Options
    The primary problem I am running into is this.
    Make an alt to do factions and get its titlles / armor in your hom. Ok. But then when you need to do things there (primarilly black moa chick) you need to have access to the whole of all campaigns on 1 char. So now you do factions twice...

• Options

hey if it means you'll owe me big in gw2, sure!!

• Options

Buah ha ha ha. I think I'll probably be in the exact same position in GW2 as I am in GW1, less time to play than the rest of you. :P

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Buah ha ha ha. I think I'll probably be in the exact same position in GW2 as I am in GW1, less time to play than the rest of you. :P

Says captain, "Sure we'll play together towards 30 HoM".

Later "boom! I'm 30, sucker. good luck."

:lol:

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options

well...there's the cash shop in gw2...

• Options
    Entaru wrote: »

Says captain, "Sure we'll play together towards 30 HoM".

Later "boom! I'm 30, sucker. good luck."

:lol:

Hey, I carried you through a couple missions. :P I'll still gladly come do specific content with you if you want, I just don't know about leveling up alt number 6. :P

• Options

well...there's the cash shop in gw2...

We discussed this in game, I think. Can't I just buy a thousand plat for $10 from a farmer (if I was so inclined, which I am not)?

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oof. Tried PvPing out the other night, and I felt like I walked into the old Warcraft III match-making PA strip.

Yeah no I think I'm going to just stick to getting skills the old-fashioned way at this point.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oof. Tried PvPing out the other night, and I felt like I walked into the old Warcraft III match-making PA strip.

Yeah no I think I'm going to just stick to getting skills the old-fashioned way at this point.

So, this is super, super easy. Make a PvP monk pre-made character. Put all the healing skills you have on him. Go into a Fort Aspenwood match. Heal constantly, with a preference for healing NPC's over PC's. Profit.

• Options
    Was anyone interested in running an elite area sometime? They can actually be fun with real peoples. Plus, another statue for your hall if you haven't done it previously.

• Options
    SuperdupeSuperdupe Registered User regular
    Yeah, it sounds like you tried the small team pvp, where it's like 4 on 4 or whatever. That shit sucks. In the rare case where people don't immediately quit out due to your group's untenable composition, the game will either be 1) a complete dismantling or 2) the most boring snooze-fest in the world as healers on both sides effortlessly keep themselves and their teammates at full health until the game ultimately ends in a draw, netting you zero rewards. Don't do this.

What you want is Fort Aspenwood or Jade Quarry. These are the Alterac Valley of GW. I mostly played Jade Quarry as Luxon (for whatever reason they tend to win more). Just follow people around until you figure out what's going on; it's actually fun (despite all the bots) and you will rake in the faction points, win or lose. I am not exaggerating at all when I say it took me maybe 3 hours to go from zero worthwhile hero skills to the complete 7 hero set.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Was anyone interested in running an elite area sometime? They can actually be fun with real peoples. Plus, another statue for your hall if you haven't done it previously.

What is this now?

• Options

What is this now?

Sorrow's Furnace, Fissure of Woe, The Underworld, The Deep, Urgoz's Warren, or Domain of Anguish.