As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2012
    Man screw the mustering allies quest in war of kryta. Blimm got himself killed right as we were getting to the gates of LA, and now I have to do the entire mission over? Including all the bullshit running around telling people to get to LA because there is a damn war on?
    How dare I not bring a super specialized escape build by reading a wiki article before hand to know that you have to run away the entire quest.

Fuck you game.

Morkath on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Yeah that one is all sorts of bad design

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Morkath wrote: »
    Man screw the mustering allies quest in war of kryta. Blimm got himself killed right as we were getting to the gates of LA, and now I have to do the entire mission over? Including all the bullshit running around telling people to get to LA because there is a damn war on?
    How dare I not bring a super specialized escape build by reading a wiki article before hand to know that you have to run away the entire quest.

Fuck you game.

You should only have to redo the final run - I failed the same spot as well.

Madpoet on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Welcome to old school Guild Wars!

I shared a similar joy after hitting the end of Slaver's Exile and realizing the build I had was in no way going to allow me to beat the boss.

Or when I was vanquishing rotscale's zone and he was all, "Lol, fuck you I will kill you and your entire party before you can use a single skill once. Learn to wall clip, newb."

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    LOL... Shadow Nexus. 1st run: I bring Norgu w/ every interrupt he can pack. He doesn't stop lightning once.
    2nd run: Mage spawns on head. Party dead instantly.

• Options
    Madpoet wrote: »

Fuck you game.

I went back to beetletun and went outside, livia and the asura weren't there.

Also there is a difference between an elite dungeon and an overworld plot quest. I wouldn't mind the mission had it reset at beetletun and let me continue from there, but I am not going to re-run that boring slog for the other guys again. I don't need the last few points in HoM that badly.

• Options
    edited May 2012

Fuck you game.

Also there is a difference between an elite dungeon and an overworld plot quest. I wouldn't mind the mission had it reset at beetletun and let me continue from there, but I am not going to re-run that boring slog for the other guys again. I don't need the last few points in HoM that badly.

The last part isn't right outside beetleton, it's a zone away towards Lion's Arch. 8(

Madpoet on
  • Options

Fuck you game.

The last part isn't right outside beetleton, it's a zone away towards Lion's Arch. 8(

Wait, what? It restarts a zone away from LA instead of at Beetle? Meh would be nice if there were some quest markers on this quest to indicate that. Maybe I will give it another shot tomorrow then.

• Options

Fuck you game.

Wait, what? It restarts a zone away from LA instead of at Beetle? Meh would be nice if there were some quest markers on this quest to indicate that. Maybe I will give it another shot tomorrow then.

I told you in-game when you asked, it's at the last zone wall you crossed, inside toward LA.

I think part of the problem is that War in Kryta is actually end-game content. The big plot events that they released, starting there and ending with Winds of Change, are actually the most recent content. I think they were also testing out having "end-game" content outside of a dungeon, which I think is neat.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I require only 4 more minis thanks to some generous folks. I. We'd 2nd year heket and wind rider and a handful of 4th. All 3rd whites are done.

I've got an average of 20k per mini to spend, whatever is leftover will be donated to those in pursuit of further points. If you see/have some I will pay what I can for them.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Anybody need a miniature Ventari? All my Year 7 anniversary gifts were miniature Ventaris. :( I'd gladly trade one for something I don't have, I don't care if it's of lesser value.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Hang on, so you've already completely maxed on 1st and 2nd year minis? Are you going for the full 40?

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    The white ones, which represent the best value of minis to points.

@SwashbucklerXX - I had a couple of minis passed to me by others I've not dedicated yet. I'll gladly make a trade. Have to get back home to check my inventory to see what I've got however.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Thread needs new title.

I propose "Hindsight is 30/50"

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    The white ones, which represent the best value of minis to points.

@SwashbucklerXX - I had a couple of minis passed to me by others I've not dedicated yet. I'll gladly make a trade. Have to get back home to check my inventory to see what I've got however.

Cool, send me a PM after the Guild Wars 2 stress test is over? :) My in-game name is Ambrose Dartrime.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Thread needs new title.

/slowclap

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Entaru wrote: »
    Thread needs new title.

/slowclap
    Thank you thank you, I aim to please.

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Changed the title.

• Options
    SuperdupeSuperdupe Registered User regular
    Next one should be "the 30/50 Compromise". I really do want that title at 40/50, but there is just no way for me to configure the 10 points I'd need to not just completely suck balls. I will just have to be content with 30/50.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I can make 35, but the path to 45 that I've plotted myself is a long one, full of a lot of bullshit. Gonna give it the old college try, though.

We need to get together another some more group events. Even if they're just helping Geod finish his vanquishes. :P

• Options
    the most success we every had with one of those was when a bunch of us realized that there were like 15 of us online and then someone picked a random dungeon and we did the dungeon

• Options
    Thread needs new title.

1233928590_citizen-kane-clapping.gif?w=400&h=300

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    the most success we every had with one of those was when a bunch of us realized that there were like 15 of us online and then someone picked a random dungeon and we did the dungeon

Was that the epic frostmaw burrow run we did with only 1 person bringing a res skill? That was hilarious fun (especially with like 3+ melee who all kept dying to the wurms).

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Bullhead wrote: »

Was that the epic frostmaw burrow run we did with only 1 person bringing a res skill? That was hilarious fun (especially with like 3+ melee who all kept dying to the wurms).

yeah

i was the one with the rez 8-)

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

Oh god did you have to remind me?

I kid, it was fun. And stressful. But also fun.

Also, epic thread title win.

Huggles on
  • Options

yeah

If I recall correctly some poor sob entered that dungeon within grasp of the survivor title. They died on the second pull?

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options

yeah

If I recall correctly some poor sob entered that dungeon within grasp of the survivor title. They died on the second pull?

yup kai_san sure did : (

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Fuck you game.

I told you in-game when you asked, it's at the last zone wall you crossed, inside toward LA.

I think part of the problem is that War in Kryta is actually end-game content. The big plot events that they released, starting there and ending with Winds of Change, are actually the most recent content. I think they were also testing out having "end-game" content outside of a dungeon, which I think is neat.

Yeah I think I misunderstood you and thought you said I could restart it at beetletun, not temple of ages. But then got pissed when I couldn't so just logged for the night. I will give it another shot tonight. Yeah its cool having non-dungeon end game content, and some of this stuff has been fun. If I hadn't just spent like half an hour running around to do nothing but tell people "Yo dawg, wars on get to LA.", I probably wouldn't have minded having to restart so much. Or if they had given better warning in game that hey bring run skills lawl. Maybe I missed that warning?

I just don't like it when content takes a radical shift from the norm that requires a radical change in abilities with no warning. I was expecting to have to fight my way there, not run benny hill style from hordes of jade armors. It just kind of ruins the experience when you are trying to do this epic story line quest detailing how LA avoided destruction, and then you fail the first time with no real chance of victory.

But whatever, I will give it another shot and see how it goes.

• Options

Fuck you game.

Yeah I think I misunderstood you and thought you said I could restart it at beetletun, not temple of ages. But then got pissed when I couldn't so just logged for the night. I will give it another shot tonight. Yeah its cool having non-dungeon end game content, and some of this stuff has been fun. If I hadn't just spent like half an hour running around to do nothing but tell people "Yo dawg, wars on get to LA.", I probably wouldn't have minded having to restart so much. Or if they had given better warning in game that hey bring run skills lawl. Maybe I missed that warning?

I just don't like it when content takes a radical shift from the norm that requires a radical change in abilities with no warning. I was expecting to have to fight my way there, not run benny hill style from hordes of jade armors. It just kind of ruins the experience when you are trying to do this epic story line quest detailing how LA avoided destruction, and then you fail the first time with no real chance of victory.

But whatever, I will give it another shot and see how it goes.

Yeah. They definitely learned this and aren't repeating it in GW2. It was sort of the design premise of GW1, though. Lots of missions require you to figure out their weak points and build to match.

• Options
    n2lognn2logn Registered User regular
    I'd like to thank whichever developer put in an ultra low chance for really rare mini's in the 7th year presents. I just sold another one for 35e plus a unded celestial dragon (gold). Should be able to wrap up 30/50 much sooner than I thought!

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

That was like my first week playing and I had just hit 20 on my derv. Not only did I have no idea how to do anything in melee, but my skills were quite haphazard. And I tried to customize my build to "be more useful" in the dungeon when I had absolutely no idea what that would even involve.

So I was useless even when I didn't die. The best part about the rez was drinking my alcohol again to get drunk.

Oh and it was just rank 1 of survivor. I had 124k into what I think needs 140k? And I still havent made it past that mark either :O.

Doesn't matter cause I am prolly gonna AFK up survivor for my 5th title.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    Kai_San wrote: »

That was like my first week playing and I had just hit 20 on my derv. Not only did I have no idea how to do anything in melee, but my skills were quite haphazard. And I tried to customize my build to "be more useful" in the dungeon when I had absolutely no idea what that would even involve.

So I was useless even when I didn't die. The best part about the rez was drinking my alcohol again to get drunk.

Oh and it was just rank 1 of survivor. I had 124k into what I think needs 140k? And I still havent made it past that mark either :O.

Doesn't matter cause I am prolly gonna AFK up survivor for my 5th title.

Hah yeah you were drunk the whole run, which added to the amusement factor.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    OK so GW will probably be empty for a while as everyone gets the hack-slash-fix in D3 for a few weeks. So much for running end-game x(

Anyway, almost finished EotN, it really is a short campaign. After this it's gonna be Prophecies. Lets see how I fare against challenges from the beginning of the game. D:

• Options
    I don't think GW is going to be super empty. Quite a few people said they weren't getting D3. It was empty yesterday because GW2.

• Options
    I don't think GW is going to be super empty. Quite a few people said they weren't getting D3. It was empty yesterday because GW2.

Oh yes, yesterday was dreadfully empty and I couldn't figure out why :lol: At least the servers weren't shit like last beta (somethingsomething cause/effect unproved). Well we have a bank holiday coming up, so I guess I'll play both games like the pathetic little nerd I am.

• Options
    n2lognn2logn Registered User regular
    OK so GW will probably be empty for a while as everyone gets the hack-slash-fix in D3 for a few weeks. So much for running end-game x(

Anyway, almost finished EotN, it really is a short campaign. After this it's gonna be Prophecies. Lets see how I fare against challenges from the beginning of the game. D:

BTW, if you only need to beat prophecies on normal (and aren't going for 25/25 bonus) you can skip most of the missions if you run directly to Thunderhead keep? You only need to really do the last 4!

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I'm going to be playing GW and not D3.

I still have 3 HoM to get.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular

This is also me. Two more elite armours, ten more companion armours, three protector titles and FoW. It's on like Donkey Kong!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I know I still am, although not by choice. (Freaking dead computer.)

Even after that shit with Gate of Madness that happened last night. Finally beat it after umpteen wipes, and what does it do?

The mission bugs out and won't complete. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

EDIT: Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiro! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »

This is also me. Two more elite armours, ten more companion armours, three protector titles and FoW. It's on like Donkey Kong!
    I still have 2 points to go to 30. I am so glad I bought my Vabbian armor before Eye of the North was a thing. I could actually go get myself 2 points in a stupid easy fashion. The only thing missing from my Fellowship monument is a black widow, and I could easily go buy an oppressor weapon (or, you know, actually finish War in Kryta).

steam_sig.png