[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

1858687888991»

Posts

  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I can't really blame a company to reduce funding of a project that's a whole lot interesting to the world than their newest shiniest project. But yea, good job getting your account back.

    I'm still not sure whether I like GW2 better than GW1. There is something deeply satisfying about my Dervish and 7 Hero Support waltzing through group content. My GW2 Necro makes me feel like I'm lost.

    Then again, I'm not in an active guild in GW2, sooooo :( Fuck you PA guilds being all full or non-responsive! :(

  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    I can't really blame a company to reduce funding of a project that's a whole lot interesting to the world than their newest shiniest project. But yea, good job getting your account back.

    I'm still not sure whether I like GW2 better than GW1. There is something deeply satisfying about my Dervish and 7 Hero Support waltzing through group content. My GW2 Necro makes me feel like I'm lost.

    Then again, I'm not in an active guild in GW2, sooooo :( Fuck you PA guilds being all full or non-responsive! :(

    You want into the Candymancers? I can get you in.

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    I can't really blame a company to reduce funding of a project that's a whole lot interesting to the world than their newest shiniest project. But yea, good job getting your account back.

    I'm still not sure whether I like GW2 better than GW1. There is something deeply satisfying about my Dervish and 7 Hero Support waltzing through group content. My GW2 Necro makes me feel like I'm lost.

    Then again, I'm not in an active guild in GW2, sooooo :( Fuck you PA guilds being all full or non-responsive! :(

    You want into the Candymancers? I can get you in.
    OK are you online now? :)

  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    I can't really blame a company to reduce funding of a project that's a whole lot interesting to the world than their newest shiniest project. But yea, good job getting your account back.

    I'm still not sure whether I like GW2 better than GW1. There is something deeply satisfying about my Dervish and 7 Hero Support waltzing through group content. My GW2 Necro makes me feel like I'm lost.

    Then again, I'm not in an active guild in GW2, sooooo :( Fuck you PA guilds being all full or non-responsive! :(

    You want into the Candymancers? I can get you in.
    OK are you online now? :)

    No. But I will make sure you get in today. :)

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    OK awesome. My tag is in my sig of course. :)

  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Got my account back... nothing missing.

    Holy crap. Is anyone still trying to fill out their HOM?

  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Fill it out? Shit son, I haven't even unlocked it yet, despite owning every thing since release.

    Also, starting Prophices SUCKS.... You got scrap together money. Nightfall was, "oh? Finished mission? Here's a couple hundred gold. Get some armor.". In Ascalon, you're lucky to have 200 gold after clearing an exploration area between outposts. And that's including selling stuff.

    Also, what's a good class to combo with Dervish? I'm using Ranger right now solely to fill up the Zoo, but I'd like to be more effective later.

    newSig.jpg
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Fill it out? Shit son, I haven't even unlocked it yet, despite owning every thing since release.

    Also, starting Prophices SUCKS.... You got scrap together money. Nightfall was, "oh? Finished mission? Here's a couple hundred gold. Get some armor.". In Ascalon, you're lucky to have 200 gold after clearing an exploration area between outposts. And that's including selling stuff.

    Also, what's a good class to combo with Dervish? I'm using Ranger right now solely to fill up the Zoo, but I'd like to be more effective later.
    Depending on your build I found Monk and Paragorn to be nice. Once I got enough eotn skills unlocked I mostly used those because they are a lot stronger without needing to spend points on them that you can use to improve your Derv skills.

  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Mostly Scythe and Mysticism. Working on getting the Avatar forms. Have Melandru at the moment, working on Dwayna.

    Is elemental damage worth it in this game? Except for Holy, I can't really see a use for it.

    newSig.jpg
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Mostly Scythe and Mysticism. Working on getting the Avatar forms. Have Melandru at the moment, working on Dwayna.

    Is elemental damage worth it in this game? Except for Holy, I can't really see a use for it.
    It's not better or worse than other dmg types, but you kind of fall flat on your face if you run into immune mobs.

    If you're looking for a cookiecutter build you should check out Pious Teardown builds.

  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I just figured with Nightfall's campaign being demon-centric, Holy's kinda a safe bet but I never use the other damage types.

    Also, what about a W/Mo? Either Axe/Sword but with a focus on Smite for the Mo skillset.

    newSig.jpg
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    So I have a level 9 ranger in Post-Searing Ascalon from when GW1 was originally released. Assuming I picked up EoTN, what kind of time investment am I looking at to get that character access to the HoM?

    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Still waiting on Dan "Man of his Word" Ryckert to eat a hat
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • EntriechEntriech Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    So I have a level 9 ranger in Post-Searing Ascalon from when GW1 was originally released. Assuming I picked up EoTN, what kind of time investment am I looking at to get that character access to the HoM?
    If you just immediately dug into the missions and started churning through to Lion's Arch I'd say maybe 3 or 4 hours tops. You can get access to EoTN and by extension the HoM right after you get to Lion's Arch in Prophecies.

  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Entriech wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    So I have a level 9 ranger in Post-Searing Ascalon from when GW1 was originally released. Assuming I picked up EoTN, what kind of time investment am I looking at to get that character access to the HoM?
    If you just immediately dug into the missions and started churning through to Lion's Arch I'd say maybe 3 or 4 hours tops. You can get access to EoTN and by extension the HoM right after you get to Lion's Arch in Prophecies.

    Hmm...not a horrible amount of time to dump into more cosmetic options for GW2. Thanks for the answer.

    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Still waiting on Dan "Man of his Word" Ryckert to eat a hat
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    I just figured with Nightfall's campaign being demon-centric, Holy's kinda a safe bet but I never use the other damage types.

    Also, what about a W/Mo? Either Axe/Sword but with a focus on Smite for the Mo skillset.

    Nearly every mob is demonic, but Holy only does 2x dmg against the undead. It's worth it for those occasions (tearing through Necromancers and their bone armies :) ), but you won't be super effective against all regular mobs. You will also fight loads of humans, plenty of fire and wind elementals and tons of special NF mobs that only receive additional dmg from the Order of Whispers buff.

  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Entriech wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    So I have a level 9 ranger in Post-Searing Ascalon from when GW1 was originally released. Assuming I picked up EoTN, what kind of time investment am I looking at to get that character access to the HoM?
    If you just immediately dug into the missions and started churning through to Lion's Arch I'd say maybe 3 or 4 hours tops. You can get access to EoTN and by extension the HoM right after you get to Lion's Arch in Prophecies.

    Hmm...not a horrible amount of time to dump into more cosmetic options for GW2. Thanks for the answer.

    30 HoM points are going to cost you a lot of hours though.

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Entriech wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    So I have a level 9 ranger in Post-Searing Ascalon from when GW1 was originally released. Assuming I picked up EoTN, what kind of time investment am I looking at to get that character access to the HoM?
    If you just immediately dug into the missions and started churning through to Lion's Arch I'd say maybe 3 or 4 hours tops. You can get access to EoTN and by extension the HoM right after you get to Lion's Arch in Prophecies.

    Hmm...not a horrible amount of time to dump into more cosmetic options for GW2. Thanks for the answer.

    30 HoM points are going to cost you a lot of hours though.

    My goal line is alot lower than 30, the full heritage set. It sounds like just having such an old character and getting to HoM will do just that.

    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Still waiting on Dan "Man of his Word" Ryckert to eat a hat
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Entriech wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    So I have a level 9 ranger in Post-Searing Ascalon from when GW1 was originally released. Assuming I picked up EoTN, what kind of time investment am I looking at to get that character access to the HoM?
    If you just immediately dug into the missions and started churning through to Lion's Arch I'd say maybe 3 or 4 hours tops. You can get access to EoTN and by extension the HoM right after you get to Lion's Arch in Prophecies.

    Hmm...not a horrible amount of time to dump into more cosmetic options for GW2. Thanks for the answer.

    30 HoM points are going to cost you a lot of hours though.

    My goal line is alot lower than 30, the full heritage set. It sounds like just having such an old character and getting to HoM will do just that.

    Those estimates are mostly based on people having beat campaigns and such with the older characters. I'm not trying to discourage you as the heritage set is extremely doable with only a small time commitment.

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Entriech wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    So I have a level 9 ranger in Post-Searing Ascalon from when GW1 was originally released. Assuming I picked up EoTN, what kind of time investment am I looking at to get that character access to the HoM?
    If you just immediately dug into the missions and started churning through to Lion's Arch I'd say maybe 3 or 4 hours tops. You can get access to EoTN and by extension the HoM right after you get to Lion's Arch in Prophecies.

    Hmm...not a horrible amount of time to dump into more cosmetic options for GW2. Thanks for the answer.

    30 HoM points are going to cost you a lot of hours though.

    My goal line is alot lower than 30, the full heritage set. It sounds like just having such an old character and getting to HoM will do just that.

    Those estimates are mostly based on people having beat campaigns and such with the older characters. I'm not trying to discourage you as the heritage set is extremely doable with only a small time commitment.

    He probably has a billion mini-pets though. That should get him some points at least.

  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Entriech wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    So I have a level 9 ranger in Post-Searing Ascalon from when GW1 was originally released. Assuming I picked up EoTN, what kind of time investment am I looking at to get that character access to the HoM?
    If you just immediately dug into the missions and started churning through to Lion's Arch I'd say maybe 3 or 4 hours tops. You can get access to EoTN and by extension the HoM right after you get to Lion's Arch in Prophecies.

    Hmm...not a horrible amount of time to dump into more cosmetic options for GW2. Thanks for the answer.

    30 HoM points are going to cost you a lot of hours though.

    My goal line is alot lower than 30, the full heritage set. It sounds like just having such an old character and getting to HoM will do just that.

    Those estimates are mostly based on people having beat campaigns and such with the older characters. I'm not trying to discourage you as the heritage set is extremely doable with only a small time commitment.

    He probably has a billion mini-pets though. That should get him some points at least.

    That is correct. My ranger has a stockpile of Birthday gifts that has piled up during the years. I am coming across references to "running" as a possible alternative to drudging through 5-6 story missions. Anyone have experience with this?

    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Still waiting on Dan "Man of his Word" Ryckert to eat a hat
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'll run you for a 7th b-day gift. :P

    (Do not do this.)

    What is this I don't even.
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    That reminds me. I probably have my 7th on my ranger. . .

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Is anyone still buying them? I kept mine in the hopes that I could somehow buy my way into a last few HoM points.

    What is this I don't even.
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    No idea. I was probably going to just use it because I don't think the market held up, actually.

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Argos Soft says 30e for one, which I think is about where they were pre-launch.

    Vambraces of truth appear to be in about the same price range. So, it looks like the market might be about the same.

    What is this I don't even.
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I've actually got 2 more destroyer weapons, 2 more sets of elite armour and
    Aldo wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    Mostly Scythe and Mysticism. Working on getting the Avatar forms. Have Melandru at the moment, working on Dwayna.

    Is elemental damage worth it in this game? Except for Holy, I can't really see a use for it.
    It's not better or worse than other dmg types, but you kind of fall flat on your face if you run into immune mobs.

    If you're looking for a cookiecutter build you should check out Pious Teardown builds.

    This is why competitive people ran all 4 weapon slots. On a melee character, it usually went 1 Vampiric weapon (vampiric is far and away the best damage type, since the bonus damage ignores armour and is consistent), 1 Zealous weapon (for building up energy), 1 sundering or elemental weapon (Sundering mainly on axes, because when a critical triggers as well as the 20% armour penetration, the hit is horrendous), this is mostly to sit on so vampiric won't bleed you dead and you regain energy without hitting things.

    Final weapon slot was usually a +30 energy/-2 energy regen wand/focus set for getting off a self heal in situations where you've run your energy dry and need it.

    Though that was mostly in PvP. That kind of weapon swapping wasn't really needed in PvE.

  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I hated doing a dungeon on my Ranger, but I am kind of looking forward to it on my Engineer.

    Also whos idea was it to make grenades come out twice as fast while auto-aiming underwater? Its absolutely redonkulous how much damage they do. And they travel slow so I can lob out like 8 of them before they even reach my target and it literally just dies in 1 second.

    I need to find a large body of water with a bunch of never killed yellow mobs and pop a killstreak exp boost and just watch my bar fill faster than a flash loading screen.

Sign In or Register to comment.