As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4E PbP] War of the Burning Sky OOC (Serious Revelations! Seriously!)

• IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'll leave the Insightful stuff to others...I apparently judge books by their cover...
    Insight Roll: 1d20 + 1 = 10

Illianthar on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Summer's prolly not sure as well: You talkin' to me?! (1d20+4=15) She definitely doesn't fit the male human wizard mold. :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well the only humans in the party are Swain and Torrent, so if we're going to pretend to be Peppin's crew (which we don't necessarily have to) it'd probably have to be Swain that takes the lead role.

Turanos on
  • Bp1580Bp1580 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ...and I happen to have a good diplomacy skill (although only a decent bluff, which is what matters here), as well as the ability to roll on IC again (back from my family reunion :D )! I'll roll up some checks and hope I don't get us thrown out.

EDIT: I have a plan to counteract my low bluff skill. Here's hoping for a nat 20...

EDIT 2: Didn't go too well, but not too badly either. Here's hoping for a reeeally low DC!

Bp1580 on
    edited March 2011
    TiamatZ, I'd like to use my Send Thoughts power to send a message to Torrent at the bottom of the ramp:

Send Thoughts Message:
    "Torrent, it's Areneth. What was Peppin's code-phrase for opening the locker? Swain needs it or we're in trouble.

Illianthar on
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Her Reply:
    Areneth? How do you... Oh I see. A telepath. Wait. What code? The Resistance mentioned nothing about a code. Something's wrong!

TiamatZ on
    edited March 2011
    Oh noes! The plot thickens! :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited March 2011
    Well crap...Torrent originally mentioned (back in the pub) that Peppin was found with his code-phrase and signet ring, and that she had both. I was hoping that was the password that the locker wanted.

Well, I say we go with "Klattu Barada Nnnnnnn.....Necktie....Neckturn.....Nickle.....It's definitely an 'N' word....Klattu Barada Nnnn*cough*...Okay, that's it!"

Are there any locks or defining features on the locker?

Illianthar on
    edited March 2011
    *steps away from the book made of human flesh*

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited March 2011
    Also, I think the gnome is being super shady...not that I know any gnomes to compare it to, but I don't like him at all. I think it's more likely that the real Rivereye is dead, and this guy is some kind of plant waiting for us to open the locker and then jump us.

So, Insight Roll to see if the gnome is shady.....I really suck at this skill...sigh...

Ok, nevermind. This dude is totally on the up and up, and I'm buying what he's selling. :lol:

Illianthar on
    edited March 2011
    Suddenly, I wish that Peppin was a dragonborn. :P

I would step back a bit though, Illianthar. This is pretty obviously a trap of some kind, and hopefully my 19 intimidate (can I never roll 20s???) will scare him into springing it.

Bp1580 on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I rolled an intimidation too, just because I want something to do. Ha! pretty good roll though!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    edited March 2011
    Well, one of two things is about to happen....either Rivereye is plotting to trap us, and we've perhaps uncovered it....or he's about to be really pissed at the Resistance for being dicks to him (and we probably should have just been straight with him from the start).

Illianthar on
    edited March 2011
    Almost too good to let it go to waste...

Heavy Voice: THAT GNOME IS A SPY!

TiamatZ on
    edited March 2011
    He gets a surprise round despite everyone expecting it? :P~

Anyway, do those of us below see/hear/whatever any indication of all this?

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited March 2011
    I'm just glad it was a trap...I would have felt really bad if we were trying to intimidate the actual Rivereye :lol:

Illianthar on
    edited March 2011
    That was one hell of a knife throw there! Too bad I got a terrible initiative roll as well :lol:

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited March 2011
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    Almost too good to let it go to waste...

Heavy Voice: THAT GNOME IS A SPY!

Also too good to let go:
    draft_lens8533701module74070721photo_1260937650admiral-ackbar-its-a-trap

Illianthar on
    edited March 2011
    That was one hell of a knife throw there! Too bad I got a terrible initiative roll as well :lol:

I know wardens are supposed to soak up damage, but you really seem to have a knack for it, Witch :P

Bp1580 on
    edited March 2011
    Init assuming the bottom level takes part: Init (1d20=19)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited March 2011
    Indeed. Even Torrent will take part in the initiative.

Also, unless someone at the top shouts it out about the elf, all you guys hear on the ground floor something sharp hitting something fleshy.

TiamatZ on
    edited March 2011
    Traorin shouted, he just didn't give any specifics.

Turanos on
    edited March 2011
    Turanos wrote: »
    Traorin shouted, he just didn't give any specifics.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that part.

TiamatZ on
    edited March 2011
    Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited March 2011
    Waiting on Squishy.

If she doesn't roll initiative by the start of tomorrow (GMT 0 Time), I'll roll initiative for her and we can start.

Edit: Eh, goose it! Decided to post earlier.

TiamatZ on
    edited March 2011
    If you've already read my latest IC post, go back and re-read. Important warning inside!

From the OOC perspective, here's our problem; any divine or arcane spells on any floor of the depository will set off the balls set in the walls. The balls are actually a crazy lightning net that will presumably do horrible things to you once activated. If anyone else has a really good Thievery value, now would be the time to step forward, otherwise next turn Dorn will try to get control of the system. Who knows, it might even work to our advantage if we're careful.

Turanos on
    edited March 2011
    Turanos wrote: »
    If you've already read my latest IC post, go back and re-read. Important warning inside!

From the OOC perspective, here's our problem; any divine or arcane spells on any floor of the depository will set off the balls set in the walls. The balls are actually a crazy lightning net that will presumably do horrible things to you once activated. If anyone else has a really good Thievery value, now would be the time to step forward, otherwise next turn Dorn will try to get control of the system. Who knows, it might even work to our advantage if we're careful.

Is it specifically Arcane and Divine powers, or does it include powers with the Psionic keyword? If it doesn't include Psionic powers, then I can use all my powers without setting it off.

Illianthar on
    edited March 2011
    TiamatZ specifically mentioned Arcane and Divine, I believe your psychic abilities should pass under the radar, so to speak. Also each floor is controlled separately so if we end up fighting on multiple floors, remember to try to get control of the system before you cast a spell on that floor.

Turanos on
    edited March 2011
    Awesome, I'll fire away and hopefully not kill everyone :lol:

TiamatZ - Do the lockers provide cover for those behind them?

Illianthar on
    edited March 2011
    Illianthar wrote: »
    Awesome, I'll fire away and hopefully not kill everyone :lol:

TiamatZ - Do the lockers provide cover for those behind them?

Indeed they do.

TiamatZ on
    edited March 2011
    Does it trigger on Arcane/Divine cast or targeted? IE: Spell from floor 1 to floor 2, what triggers?

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited March 2011
    Dorm doesn't know. TiamatZ may or may not tell us.

Turanos on
    edited March 2011
    DMs gotta keep some secrets from PCs you know. :P:winky:

TiamatZ on
  • squishy-blobsquishy-blob Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Which way do those stairs go up/down?

squishy-blob on
    edited March 2011
    Basically, the lighter parts of the stairs start on your floor (so in this case, where Dorn stands is where the ramp/stairs go up) while the darker parts go upwards to the next floor.

TiamatZ on
    edited March 2011
    I say that if Dorn and I can get this trap down on the bottom floor disarmed you guys should lure the enemy back down the stairs rather than trying to find the panel on the next floor too.

squishy-blob on
    edited March 2011
    Or we could see if casting magic from 1 to 2 ends up zapping the elf? :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited March 2011
    Sure. You can be the one to test it.

squishy-blob on
    edited March 2011
    Hey TiamatZ, do we get to know the result of the tinkering on the panel before the end of the round or should I take my turn based on best guess?

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited March 2011
    It's a Skill Challenge of Complexity 1( so a total of four successes is in order to completely disable it).

TiamatZ on