As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] War of the Burning Sky OOC (Serious Revelations! Seriously!)

• Options
    IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    skarsol wrote: »
    Edit: Perhaps burninating before asking nicely is a bit hasty. Especially if the door gets barred and gives an extra round.

Areneth's perspective: Better to give them some incentive, that way when we ask, they listen :)

Illianthar on
  • Options
    squishy-blobsquishy-blob Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is there any booze left in the bar?

Also, in the first post it says that this pub is connected to an abandoned residence by a bridge, is this the only connection or is that abandoned residence in turn connected to other things by more bridges. Because if so then our best exit might actually be up the stairs.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    Bp1580Bp1580 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is there any booze left in the bar?

Also, in the first post it says that this pub is connected to an abandoned residence by a bridge, is this the only connection or is that abandoned residence in turn connected to other things by more bridges. Because if so then our best exit might actually be up the stairs.

Well sure we can take the bridge, but we don't want to have a small army following us around everywhere we go, right?

Also I hope we still have some ale! I was planning on getting drunk and accomplishing nothing before the fuzz showed up.

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Who wants to help me push a table? Eh? Anyone? It's fun!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Upstairs and across to the next building seems like the best route. Less enemies to get through and possibly some additional exits we can use to escape.

Illianthar on
  • Options
    TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well Dorn is heading upstairs at this very moment, so hopefully when TiamatZ describes what he sees we'll know if that's a sensible way out, but it seems like it might be a good idea. Barricade the door and then possibly make it harder for them to follow through the ground floor (setting some furniture on fire, for example) and escape over the bridge.

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Turanos wrote: »
    Well Dorn is heading upstairs at this very moment, so hopefully when TiamatZ describes what he sees we'll know if that's a sensible way out, but it seems like it might be a good idea. Barricade the door and then possibly make it harder for them to follow through the ground floor (setting some furniture on fire, for example) and escape over the bridge.

Oh God yes we have to do this. Possibly accompanied by some random screaming and wailing with a little destruction on the side. They'll think something horrible has happened to us!

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well, we are in a bar, I'm sure there are flammable liquids here. Oh and I don't think you have to roll Bp, your help just adds -2 to my difficulty.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well, we are in a bar, I'm sure there are flammable liquids here. Oh and I don't think you have to roll Bp, your help just adds -2 to my difficulty.

Yep, and you being there gives me -2 as well. Hopefully we can get a third person to join in the fun and they'll get a -4 added on!

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Aid Another requires a DC 10 roll in that ability/skill. If I can't get off my attack, I'll try to help...but my -1 ability modifier means you should probably call someone else to help you move :o

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The start looking for hard liquor to start dowsing the room with, before we leave to go next door we'll start a fire in the main room. They'll have to break down the door then put out the flames in order to catch up to us. Hopefully whatever is up stairs won't take too long to get past.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'll go ahead and go to plan B for this round, so that we keep things moving. Going to try and add to the skill checks by making us sound badass, and hopefully that will dissuade anyone from trying to come after us. Then I'll try and move a table.

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hey Witch, thanks to our friend Areneth the Gate Pass guards now think Traorin is a fearsome assassin! Speaking of Areneth, how the hell did you do that? I'm pretty sure you could have talked your way out of slavery with skillz like that!
    Also I like how a giant dragonborn and human warlord can't move a small table even with the help of an anger-fueled psychic. Maybe we should get Dorn to help so we can start looking for stuff to torch?

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dorn's gonna go see what's up stairs first, make sure we have a way out once we start the fire.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Bp1580 wrote: »
    Hey Witch, thanks to our friend Areneth the Gate Pass guards now think Traorin is a fearsome assassin! Speaking of Areneth, how the hell did you do that? I'm pretty sure you could have talked your way out of slavery with skillz like that!
    Also I like how a giant dragonborn and human warlord can't move a small table even with the help of an anger-fueled psychic. Maybe we should get Dorn to help so we can start looking for stuff to torch?

Yeah, it was a nice roll. Hopefully it'll work. I'm sure the knight on the horse holds some intimidation power over these guys. Hopefully it'll at least slow them down.

Illianthar on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, with Witch Hunter's 13 Str Check, against a DC of (20-4) 16, you'll need two more people if you aim to move that table.

Edit: Or am I missing something here?

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    We'll Titania's been no help. I'm guessing the table will end up staying where it is.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    We'll Titania's been no help. I'm guessing the table will end up staying where it is.

That table is clearly a Ragesian spy! I say we use it to start the fire if we can't move it in the end.

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Bp1580 wrote: »

That table is clearly a Ragesian spy! I say we use it to start the fire if we can't move it in the end.

With bluff rolls like Illianthar we could try using it as a hostage. "Stop, don't come any closer or the spy table gets it."

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Have we all done a round of activity and rolled initiative now? Are we moving into the actual encounter?

Also, what does Dorn see upstairs and how do the enemies outside take to the cajoling and outright fabrications coming from our valiant table-grapplers?

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ha, dropping that table on my toe lowered my initiative. Traorin is having a bad day!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Turanos wrote: »
    Have we all done a round of activity and rolled initiative now? Are we moving into the actual encounter?

Also, what does Dorn see upstairs and how do the enemies outside take to the cajoling and outright fabrications coming from our valiant table-grapplers?

Post coming up soon, as well as what's going on... soonish

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Bluff = Automatic Failure....Doh! Should have saved the good roll for something else...like say Initiative...

Try and hold the room, or fall back to the second floor?

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Do I have the up next and on deck stuff posted up right in the IC thread, given the weirdness of a delayed turn?

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Technically Swain still needs to go, so it should be:

Up next: Swain; On deck: The baddies.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ok, fixed. I didn't do it that way because I thought we were only working in "blocks" and Swain is in the same block as me.

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Is it reasonable to say I could vault the counter with a good athletics check and break some bottles to get the fire ready?

EDIT: NVM, I'll just ask Torrent. We really should move to the stairs, though. Both because it'll make escape easier and because it'll be much harder to gain combat advantage if we're in a tight formation instead of spread across the room. Dorn might need some help when he reveals himself, too.

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    #Turandos: I take it you'll still want to Opportunity Attack any Scouts that come your way? I take it your Monk Unarmed Strike to be your MBA (Melee Basic Attack?)

Also, I like how Swain ironically fails to realize he's now got TWO clerics under his command right now, just when his own Empire starts assaulting the city he's in.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    #Turandos: I take it you'll still want to Opportunity Attack any Scouts that come your way?

Also, I like how Swain ironically fails to realize he's now got TWO clerics under his command right now, just when his own Empire starts assaulting the city he's in.

I guess it takes a full Ragesian invasion to fulfill a requisition request these days! I don't know what you mean about the ironic realization, though. That post looks fine to me. No, sir, that edit was to fix a spelling error. No, you can't see the logs! Can't you just trust me?
    Diplomacy check: 1d20+7 → [1,7] = (8)
    Perhaps Swain's lack of counting skills are what have been holding his requisition requests up so long?

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Once I hear from Turanos, I'll finish up the Scouts section.

Here's some spoilers in the meantime:
    -There are two critical hits involved

- Someone is bloodied... severely! :shock:

- Doors flying everywhere!

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    #Turandos: I take it you'll still want to Opportunity Attack any Scouts that come your way? I take it your Monk Unarmed Strike to be your MBA

I will be using that as my MBA, yes, but I might not want to make opportunity attacks. Basically I was planning to hit them all in one round and if I did that I would get Combat Advantage on them all from stealth I believe. So if the OA would result in me getting fewer Combat Advantage attacks I might not want to. Alternatively it might be best to just do more attacks... so shall we say if there are two or more OAs it's more sensible to take them? I'm really just guessing here since I don't have much D&D combat experience.

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    - Someone is bloodied... severely! :shock:

I'm guessing that's either Summer of myself, since we're right at the front of the line

Illianthar on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    But... But... I had my shield up!

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    skarsol wrote: »
    But... But... I had my shield up!

Don't worry, if you're bloodied then I'll heal you when my turn comes around. I'm not losing a cleric!

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm assuming it's Areneth. With swain moved there's nothing protecting him from getting whalloped by baddies on both sides. He could be surrounded by 5 enemies.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It could very well be me, easy to take advantage of someone hopping around on one toe admist the chaos.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm assuming it's Areneth. With swain moved there's nothing protecting him from getting whalloped by baddies on both sides. He could be surrounded by 5 enemies.

It's alright, I'm a Drow...I'm used to that kind of treatment. So long as I have one square of open ground, I can get out of there by using Darkness (if I'm surrounded).

Also, I apparently caught some kind of food-born plague, and have been bedridden most of the day. If my turn comes up, I might not be able to post until tomorrow night. We'll see how everything progresses.

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Where exactly is the bridge on the second floor and how do we get out to it. From the map it looks like the second floor is completely solid except for two windows in the bottom bedrooms.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It doesn't really say where it is in the book, so I'm going to assume the door to the skybridge to be @K4 (second Floor), or @O14 (from the first floor's viewpoint).

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Is there a specific order in who is up next is supposed to go in, or can everyone who's "up next" just go whenever?

Witch_Hunter_84 on