As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

He's Sensational, he's Spectacular, he's the Amazing Spider-Man!

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    No worries on that end. I'm checking things out again primarily because I've switched to digital.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    1332791380.jpg

Well kinda almost confirmed it's a USM/ASM crossover

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    So excited.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I hope Dan Slott gets to write Miles.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Maybe this is how he'll get some web shooters.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Why does that look more like a Marcos Martin drawing than a PIchelli?

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

Didn't you know that shipping books with artists matching the solicits is a job for other, lesser companies?

huntresssig.jpg
    TexiKen wrote: »

it's a cover/ teaser?

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    waitwaitwait

Are you telling me that Spider-Man is going to be in Spider-Men?

Munch wrote: »
    waitwaitwait

Are you telling me that Spider-Man is going to be in Spider-Men?

No, he can't be.

You see, Spider-Men is the gripping tale of two people, one a man named Spider, and one a woman named Men, and their enthralling relationship against the backdrop of warring post-apocalyptic city-states.

huntresssig.jpg
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    SightTDW wrote: »
    Thanks for the advise everyone. I'll be sure to check out Venom's Spider Island issues at the very least.

Anyway, its good to be back. I think I already have a new favorite costume variation.

Winter2.jpg

I love this and need more images of this costume

SightTDW wrote: »
    Thanks for the advise everyone. I'll be sure to check out Venom's Spider Island issues at the very least.

Anyway, its good to be back. I think I already have a new favorite costume variation.

Winter2.jpg

I love this and need more images of this costume

It's from the ASM/Daredevil crossover back in...January? December?

Also is the Black Cat involved in Ends of the Earth? Her letter to Matt in this week's DD seems to hint at such.

huntresssig.jpg
    I took that pic out of ASM #615 actually. Happy to hear it shows up elsewhere.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    woops I was wrong :3

huntresssig.jpg
    hahaha
    asm1999683_int_lr_0005.jpg

• JaythreefJaythreef Registered User regular
    "Mr. Gore? We'd like you to be in our Spider-man comic book."

"...well, no sir, not exactly like the Obama one."

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    His certainty that Ock is lying seems a little strange to me. Ock has had moments of lucidity and benevolence in the past, so I think it'd be possible for him to have one again.

That's not to say that Ock isn't planning something, of course. I just mean that I'd expect Parker to consider the possibility, and he hasn't.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    His certainty that Ock is lying seems a little strange to me. Ock has had moments of lucidity and benevolence in the past, so I think it'd be possible for him to have one again.

That's not to say that Ock isn't planning something, of course. I just mean that I'd expect Parker to consider the possibility, and he hasn't.

Are you reading the book? Because two issues before Ock literally enslaved and tried to kill all of the astronauts aboard a space station. If it wasn't for Spidey and the Human Torch they'd all be dead.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    That better be some sort of fantasy/thought thing because it seems way out of character for Peter.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Is that supposed to be Gore? Doesn't look anything like him.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!

Are you reading the book? Because two issues before Ock literally enslaved and tried to kill all of the astronauts aboard a space station. If it wasn't for Spidey and the Human Torch they'd all be dead.

Even if a homicidal genius decides to do something noble, he's still likely to accomplish that noble goal by killing a ton of people.

Kyougu wrote: »
    That better be some sort of fantasy/thought thing because it seems way out of character for Peter.

It's probably the Chameleon.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    You know what's funny is io9 ran a story about Ultimate Spider-Man today and there's a bunch of people in the comments going "WHAT?? Peter Parker is DEAD??"

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

I'd like to add to this that in just the last issue, rather than Doc Ock simply putting his satellites up there and then giving a nice little press release to the effect of "Hey, I solved Global Warming! You're welcome!" he decided to fry half the planet with them and then threaten to kill everyone if they don't give in to his demands. He has already used the satellites as WMDs, and the politicians are saying its a good idea to give him more.

Al Gore totally deserved to be punched there.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Even if Ock is genuinely on the level about using his invention for good, he's got 5 totally not-dying supervillains living with him, and Ock's invention can melt the world. There's no way letting him have access to it is a good idea. Take him out, give it to Iron Man, and if he can do the good that Ock claims, they can put 'Turns out he wasn't lying' on his grave.

'Doctor Octopus uses satellites to ransom the world' reminds me of the Revenge of the Sinister Six storyline from back in the day...

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    It seems weird that Spider-Man would randomly punch a dude

as in "massively out of character"

I did like the "this man is my most trusted counsel." line

made me laugh, I dunno why

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I did like the "this man is my most trusted counsel." line

made me laugh, I dunno why

If your most trusted counsel is a spider-person wearing an armored biker outfit, then that says a lot about you as well

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    You're a seven foot tall ancient god of War and Thunder?

Yeah that whole scene is really weird. If its not Camelion I feel like they went a little to far.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg

Yeah that whole scene is really weird. If its not Camelion I feel like they went a little to far.

It's not the Chameleon, And to be far Slott pretty much telegraphed that Peter would be "no mr nice guy" by the first scene in the first part.
    iBveo.jpg

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    To be fair, "Gore" does sound like a super villain name

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

It's not the Chameleon, And to be far Slott pretty much telegraphed that Peter would be "no mr nice guy" by the first scene in the first part.
    iBveo.jpg

iBveo.jpg

It's not really him being no more mr. Nice guy. It just feels kinda stupid. Like the writer is trying to show that Spidy has lost perspective and is getting to "hard". Why would he do that? It's going to cause a ton of problems and Peter isn't an idea he should know that punching Al Gore is more likely to get him thrown out or taken down by shield then changing his mind and should be able to defend the need to to take Doc Ock down very easily.

But it appears he doesn't even try.

It's so weird.

I know it isn't really the same thing but it reminds me of Hal slugging Batman in that it seems like a very strange choice in an otherwise fine book that makes me feel very awkward.

Quire.jpg
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Yeah I so

So that's not a good rebuttal though

unless his next move is to beat up all legislators and activists until they believe him?

Like you don't need to take middle-school debate to know that your starting position of "This man was convicted of multiple astronaut-cide" is a good case for why you shouldn't be trusting him.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    For what its worth, I always imagined that politics would degrade to that with superpowered folks around.

Really that whole scene would go better if that looked anything like Al Gore.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    More people need to get Avenging Spidey! , it is great and everyone will be sad if the trades stop at 6-12 issues!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    It's going to get a pretty big kick up with the Daredevil crossover this next month I imagine.

huntresssig.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I doubt it really

Daredevil sells less than Avenging Spider-Man

CYpGAPn.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    People should also buy Daredevil, it is also good!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh no I love Daredevil it is a fantastic book.

but I doubt any of the books in The Omega Effect are gonna get a huge sales bump, just because of their sales before.

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I doubt it really

Daredevil sells less than Avenging Spider-Man

oh

I didn't know that

that's silly

especially after all the ads Marvel's been running for it in 2012

huntresssig.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    also especially because it is great