As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

He's Sensational, he's Spectacular, he's the Amazing Spider-Man!

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    To be fair to my bad opinions, I'd also like to see him do that to someone who without some more or less completely technological augmentation would have no business even thinking about physical confrontation, like a Doc Ock, or a Vulture, or (to keep it from looking like I just want to see spandex-clad kids beating up old men) a Scorpion. Like just, no, CRUNCH. Now you're just some guy with a useless metal tail hanging off your butt. You're not that fast, and you're not that strong, and I'm only crushing your useless metal bits because I'm nice. Now stop it before you run into someone who isn't nice.

Well, maybe not now, because they should be able to do better than that now storywise. But maybe '90s-era Spider-Man could taken a break from punching symbiotes and ended some random fight with the Vulture by effortlessly plucking his wings and leaving him helpless on a ledge somewhere.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Issue #15 was soooo good.

It's really hit a really good sweet spot where you're glad that the cards are slightly tumbling on Spock yet at the same time you still want him to succeed for some reason.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Superior Foes was also very good, especially the last page reveal.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    So Scarlet Spider. I just started reading at #1 and I'm diggin it so far. It feels like X-23 in that it's 90s comics done right. Oh an Stegman's art is great. The action scenes are crystal clear. It has the pacing and vine of anime action. You never feel like "wtf is going on" I'm really enjoying this.

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    I should pick it up again. I enjoyed those early issues but dropped it around the werewolf arc.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Skip minimum carnage

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    What a terrible name. I totally thought it was some sort of chibi version of carnage. Admit it, you guys would totally buy it if Scottie Young was drawing it.

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Venom and Scarlet Spider have both picked up and are good again now after Minimum Carnage ended

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Amigu wrote: »
    What a terrible name. I totally thought it was some sort of chibi version of carnage. Admit it, you guys would totally buy it if Scottie Young was drawing it.

it's a play on the title a huge spider-man crossover from the 90s which was called Maximum Carnage.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I know, I grew up with the SNES game :)
    Still not a fan of the name though.

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    Caught up on scarlet spider, ss team up, and superior

I'm back to disliking Spock again. I just wish we could have a spider-man that was an actual hero again. Oh well, guess Kaine will have to suffice for now.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Miles and Kaine are heroes.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    also Miguel

god damn I'm excited for Miguel

• Options
    And Spock is trying to be a hero, but his villain nature is hindering it. That's what's making the comic so fun to read, you want him to both fail and succeed at the same time.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I'm loving this newest arc with using the Raft as a super hero lair, hiring minions and going to war on Shadowland
    It's just such a great way of going about being a hero

And I'm really looking forward to the war between Ock and Green Goblin
    The build-up has been great

And of course I looooove Ramos drawing Spidey and Hobgoblin

Yost's SinisterSuperior Six storyline is really interesting as well

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    algeyaalgeya Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Amigu wrote: »

it's a play on the title a huge spider-man crossover from the 90s which was called Maximum Carnage.

thanks a lot now. thanks to you I remembered Maximum clonage omega
    566873.jpg

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Didn't the latest story with Jackal end with him mentioning a Spidercide 2.0?

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    So I was thinking, with Venom series ending, and the meeting of Venom/Superior Spider-Man, perhaps Spock will take the Venom suit since it will in theory "make him more superior" ?

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Okay, bumping dis.

Got this and this for my birthday presents (awesome sister and awesome friends), and I think I'm going to start properly collecting these two series. Are there any specific volumes that are awesome but particularly hard to get, so that I know which ones to keep my eyes peeled for?

• Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    So I was thinking, with Venom series ending, and the meeting of Venom/Superior Spider-Man, perhaps Spock will take the Venom suit since it will in theory "make him more superior" ?

I'm actually think that, with Scarlet Spider ending also, that maybe Kaine will become Superior Venom.

Though truthfully, I'd be more happy with a Kaine/Flash teamup book, as long as it's better than Minimum Carnage.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    Minimum Carnage was a weeeird concept. I wonder whether they put any thought into having two gritty street level heroes in the microverse beyond "it's the opposite of maximum!"

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    Woah, some pretty big events in this week's issue:
    1. Horizon is destroyed
    2. Spider-Man 2099 is stuck in the past
    3. Carlie finds that the funding Spider-man is getting is from Doc Ocks paccounts
    4. A hint of Peter's consciousness returning

That and there was a freaking awesome spread of Spock trying to access some memories. Great issue!

• Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    1. Horizon is destroyed
    3. Carlie finds that the funding Spider-man is getting is from Doc Ocks paccounts

That and there was a freaking awesome spread of Spock trying to access some memories. Great issue!

I'll have to re-read it when I get home but what is this hint you are referring to? I may have glossed over it completely

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    1. Horizon is destroyed

I'll have to re-read it when I get home but what is this hint you are referring to? I may have glossed over it completely

during the memory access spread
    BgAZOgc.jpg[/img]
    preeeeetty sure that's Peter in the shadowy panels at the bottom.

• Options
    Yeah,
    when Ock obliterated Peter from his mind he, symbolically, buried him under the debris of his shattered memories

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    Damn. Ya I missed that completely. Didn't really look too hard at that panel. Or at all apparently

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    So wait
    Peter Parker's resurrection is going to be by way of lifting something really, really heavy?

...I don't know how I expected anything else.

• Options
    Emotionally heavy, yes.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    So wait
    Peter Parker's resurrection is going to be by way of lifting something really, really heavy?

...I don't know how I expected anything else.

Eh, it beats most of the suggestions I've read online.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I was honestly hoping
    That Otto get's pushed to the edge, realizes what he's becoming again and decides to double down on the hero thing.

But he can't ever truly be a hero so long as he has the death of Peter Parker on his hands, so he CHOOSES to bring him back; rather than Peter clawing his way back or something external happening. (I imagine he'd clone Parker or whatever)

I honestly think that would be the least expected way to go; and actually offer a really interesting twist on Spock; he actually does become the hero that he thought he could be. It's a bit more hopeful a message than where it seems to be going in that, once a badguy, always a badguy.

Plus it would mean we can still have Otto being a asshole superhero.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Otto for the new Scarlet Spider?

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Otto for Steel Spider!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Otto for Steel Spider!

Ooh, I like that one.

Never heard about the original Steel Spider.. looks like he's was left in Prison 42 :(

• Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    I was honestly hoping
    That Otto get's pushed to the edge, realizes what he's becoming again and decides to double down on the hero thing.

But he can't ever truly be a hero so long as he has the death of Peter Parker on his hands, so he CHOOSES to bring him back; rather than Peter clawing his way back or something external happening. (I imagine he'd clone Parker or whatever)

I honestly think that would be the least expected way to go; and actually offer a really interesting twist on Spock; he actually does become the hero that he thought he could be. It's a bit more hopeful a message than where it seems to be going in that, once a badguy, always a badguy.

This would make me happy

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I was honestly hoping

Yeah, I would hope for this even if it means
    Otto to somehow sacrificing himself to bring Peter's consciousness back into his body. I like the idea of Otto realizing that Peter was indeed something special, and not just from his spider powers. They are already kind of setting this up what with Doc Ocks house of cards showing signs of crumbling. Peter just overcoming and winning would sort of feel like a cop-out at this point.

That being said, I just caught up and this book is way better than it has any right to be. It's incredible. Much like All New X-Men, the idea sounds so stupid that you barely want to give it a chance, but boy has the execution been flawless so far.

SarcasmoBlaster on
  • Options
    So it looks like Slotts end game is becoming clear:
    He's tearing down Pete's life back down to the status quo, which is dissapointing

• Options
    SinogueSinogue Registered User regular
    He's tearing down Pete's life back down to the status quo, which is dissapointing

How did you get that from the latest issue? Everything that really took a step back this issue was for Spock.
    I think a lot of things, like pursuing the doctorate and starting his own company in particular will benefit Peter once all of this blows over. I know there was a potential blow to that plan in this latest issue, but I'm confident Spock will handle it.

• Options
    I gotta say the swerve in this issue was faaantastic.
    The coma patient looked like it was Peter perhaps swapping bodies somehow and then NOPE STUNNER

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Sinogue wrote: »

How did you get that from the latest issue? Everything that really took a step back this issue was for Spock.
    I think a lot of things, like pursuing the doctorate and starting his own company in particular will benefit Peter once all of this blows over. I know there was a potential blow to that plan in this latest issue, but I'm confident Spock will handle it.
    Spock put all of Peter Parker's assets into his new business venture, so when that venture inevitably fails Parker will find himself dirt poor again and probably blacklisted from the super-science community too, forcing him to take menial jobs again.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Yep, pretty much that.
    I can't see Peter benefiting from anything that Spock does.

I'll be severely dissapointed if that ends up happening. Big Time still ranks as one of my favorite arcs because a competent, decently off Peter who has things together is actually really fun to read. That's why Spock has been working as well.