Options

He's Sensational, he's Spectacular, he's the Amazing Spider-Man!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    My thoughts are this is how it's going to go:
    During the goblin wars Osborn figures out (if he doesn't already know) that Ock is in Peter's body. He's not thrilled by the idea of killing his greatest enemy when it isn't actually him. Golden spider-bot shows up or Norman has gotten it somehow and he figures a way to swap em back so he can kill Peter. Peter soooo happy to be back has the strength or whatever to beat Norman (or with help from other heroes) and saves the day.
    He knows.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Slott says big Superior spoilers are dropping tomorrow on comics and major news sites so
    Peter is definitely back and we will probably know if Otto sticks around.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Peter returns as
    Mary Jane
    And then things get weird

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    spiderman12n-3-web.jpg

It's official, Peter Parker is back in April with a relaunched Amazing Spider-Man from Slott and Ramos.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    :'(

• Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    And, surprising no one, it looks like we're going back to loser Peter with life in tatters.

No thanks. Give Spock another Spider-body and team him up with Miguel in a monthly and I'll be happy, though.

Until that happens, I guess it's down to me backing Kaine in New Warriors.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Sagroth wrote: »
    And, surprising no one, it looks like we're going back to loser Peter with life in tatters.

No thanks. Give Spock another Spider-body and team him up with Miguel in a monthly and I'll be happy, though.

I really don't think that is going to happen and think that its weird everyone is assuming so when Slott's entire run has been about Peter needing to grow up.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular

I really don't think that is going to happen and think that its weird everyone is assuming so when Slott's entire run has been about Peter needing to grow up.

I really hope you're right, but I'm not holding my breath.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    I've enjoyed the Spock story but I have really been looking forward to getting Pete back. Him coming back was pretty inevitable, I'm more curious about what happens to Ock after Peter gets his body back. He's a staple in Spider-Man's rogues gallery and I really hope they don't get rid of him. Seeing how he puts his life back together after acting like a huge ass to everyone will also be pretty interesting.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    really, my only issue with that is
    Slott's still writing it. I like what he's done, don't get me wrong, but I am beyond ready for someone else to step in.

Someone else named Matt Fraction.

agreed

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    BdzD3u_CYAA7gqm.jpg:large

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    Dudes world has been turned upside down

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Nah, Spider-Man is just traveling between incursions.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Dudes world has been turned upside down

and he'd like to take a minute, just thwip right there

he'll tell you how he became a man who swings through the air

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I'm happy to get Pete back but I agree on needing a fresh writer.

• Options
    Praxus1874Praxus1874 West Valley City, UTRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't mind a fresh writer as well, but I'm just so happy Peter is back that I don't care. We definitely won't be going back to "status quo" Peter though. If there's one thing Slott has proven during his tenure on the title, it's that the story moves forward.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    So in an interview about the Amazing relaunch, Dan Slott says that Electro will be the villain of the first, his idea not Marvel's, and that while their will be "Spider-Man" twice a month, he refused to say there would be Amazing Spider-Man twice a month and that there was "a card we haven't flipped over yet."

So it sounds like Otto is sticking around with Superior.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Don't get my hopes up Blank!

(Ignore me, pump it up!)

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Ouch Superior Spider-Man #31 and Amazing Spider-Man are bout 5.99 in April (though both are double sized issues)

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Well that was quick

SPOILERS for the latest issue of Superior
    Ghost Pete is back.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Well that was quick

Ghost Pete is back.

That was expected with the previous issues reveals.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Well that was quick

Ghost Pete is back.
    was part of him residing within the symbiote?

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    SpOck should take over Ben Reilley's identity.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    SpOck should take over Ben Reilley's identity.

no.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Just randomly jump Spock to a new hero's brain every 6 months "Superior ______" the ongoing!

edit: Superior Leap

edit2: Anna Marie becomes Al

WiseManTobes on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Well that was quick

Ghost Pete is back.
    was part of him residing within the symbiote?

No
    You can see ghost peter climbing out of the rubble during the spider-man 2099 arc

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Does anyone else think that Gobby might not be Norman?

It seems a bit too obvious
    I mean, they showed us Norman's empty hospital bed right before GG reappeared, so why even make it a mystery?

I'm guessing whoever is wearing the mask kidnapped Osborn while he was still comatose or something

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    I really hope it Norman because fake Spider-Man getting beat by the best of real Spider-Man's rogues is to poetic for word but fake vs fake might be to much to resist. However the goblin does have a line where he is confused that he doesn't know who Spider-Man but feels he should.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    However the goblin does have a line where he is confused that he doesn't know who Spider-Man but feels he should.

If it's Norman, that could be because he knew Peter's identity before OMD, so it's sort of in the back of his mind

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Turambar wrote: »
    However the goblin does have a line where he is confused that he doesn't know who Spider-Man but feels he should.

If it's Norman, that could be because he knew Peter's identity before OMD, so it's sort of in the back of his mind

That was my point actually.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    It could still be Norman but that bit in today's issue where he's like IT'S ME, NORMAN OSBORN and then refuses to take off the mask has me veeeery curious.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I am 80% certain it is
    Goblin 2099

• Options
    Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    for the record, at the spider-man panel at sdcc
    Perhaps the most interesting comment from the Q&A comes when someone asks about the Green Goblin’s plans, and Slott implies that it might not be Norman under the mask. He also claims that the Goblin is incredibly important to the rest of the year’s events.

• Options
    it's jean loring

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Yeah, if we're going to bring Peter back, I'd rather drop him right in the middle of Spock's crazy borderline mad-scientist operation, and have Peter deal with minions and spider-bots and mass surveillance and running a company and Spock's circle of friends, follow him trying to grasp it all, unravel the shadier parts - even keeping some of the elements of Spock's operation that actually make him a more effective crime-fighter. Is swinging around the city watching out for trouble any less privacy invasion-y than having a thousand robots doing the exact same thing? Is having a small army of trained employees to support you and carry all your wacky spider-gear such a bad idea? What happens when the minions need paying and Peter can't remember Octavius' pin-number?

I'd read that. But it's looking like the upcoming Goblin War still strip all of that away just in time for Pete to get back to the status quo, consarnit.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    for reals, though, it's Alistair Smythe

the "feels he should know Spider-Man's identity" is because Spock told him he was Octavius right before he died

head trauma

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    It could still be Norman but that bit in today's issue where he's like IT'S ME, NORMAN OSBORN and then refuses to take off the mask has me veeeery curious.

Raised some flags for me too, but it could also be because he's grotesquely deformed from his Super-Adaptoid meltdown, and there's gonna be some big reveal of that later.

Maybe he's even retained some of those powers and makes the transition from classic gadget-Gobby to Ultimate Green Goblin, becoming a sort've pyro-hulk goblin creature. That reveal would make for a surprising climax - after all...
    with Menace, Goblin Knight, Hobgoblin, and now Monster (whose design I really like, especially with Ramos' art) we've now got 4 goblin villains who are all flying around on gliders and throwing pumpkin bombs, Green Goblin's going to have to do something to stand out.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Keith wrote: »

the "feels he should know Spider-Man's identity" is because Spock told him he was Octavius right before he died

head trauma

But in the scene we're talking about, Goblin says he knows who is in Spider-Man's head (Otto) because he read Carlie's notes, but what he can't seem to remember is who is under the mask (Peter)

• Options
    Turambar wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »

head trauma

But in the scene we're talking about, Goblin says he knows who is in Spider-Man's head (Otto) because he read Carlie's notes, but what he can't seem to remember is who is under the mask (Peter)

This is correct. We are looking for someone who knew who Peter was and mysteriously lost that knowledge.

Say is Harry dead?

Quire.jpg