Options

He's Sensational, he's Spectacular, he's the Amazing Spider-Man!

• Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    I'll admit that Superior has gone from grating to passable but I'm going to echo the sentiment that Spider-man titles need fresh blood. Slott never really clicked for me, even during Big Time or Spider-Island which people seem to love. I am very interested in how Peter picks up the pieces when he comes back but I'm not really thrilled that Slott will still be at the helm.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    for reals, though, it's Alistair Smythe

the "feels he should know Spider-Man's identity" is because Spock told him he was Octavius right before he died

head trauma

But in the scene we're talking about, Goblin says he knows who is in Spider-Man's head (Otto) because he read Carlie's notes, but what he can't seem to remember is who is under the mask (Peter)

you're mom

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I like Slott and I don't mind him staying on board. Big Time was what got me back into comics and apart from some of the lizard arc I enjoyed everything (Spider-Island was just fun). Dude clearly has a long plan and a story he wants to tell, so I'm good with letting him finish it. And with Superior constantly selling as it does I can't see Marvel in a huge hurry to get him off the title.

Though with Amazing double shipping a month (or hopefully Amazing and Superior) and Silver Surfer who knows how long he'll be able to keep it up.

• Options
    ThatWingChunGuyThatWingChunGuy Under a set of old stairs.Registered User regular
    I want Petey back.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I want Petey back.

He had his chance!

• Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    What's the going bet that it's not an Osborn at all under the Goblin King mask? Slott already went bananas and made Doc Ock Spider-Man for the past year or so. Think he would do something nuts like put JJ under the mask?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    What's the going bet that it's not an Osborn at all under the Goblin King mask? Slott already went bananas and made Doc Ock Spider-Man for the past year or so. Think he would do something nuts like put JJ under the mask?

It's Pete! ( then everyone can cry because they only said they wanted Pete back, they gave no specifications, mwa hahaha)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    As long as they are not hard resetting Pete, this whole Superior thing ended FAR BETTER then I could have ever envisioned for it.

But if I see ONE UTTERANCE of "Parker Luck" I am so out.

• Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    As long as they are not hard resetting Pete, this whole Superior thing ended FAR BETTER then I could have ever envisioned for it.

But if I see ONE UTTERANCE of "Parker Luck" I am so out.

I mean, the best he's gotten out of it is a company and a bunch of henchmen. If you look at the rest of his life, Otto's done a good job of burning bridges.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    In a world of telepaths and super scifi-tech, how hard is it to just say "Look, I was possessed by some other dude when I slept with your younger, hotter, sister"?

e: I haven't read the last four Superiors, so I may have provided an unrelated example. You know what I mean.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    In a world of telepaths and super scifi-tech, how hard is it to just say "Look, I was possessed by some other dude when I slept with your younger, hotter, sister"?

e: I haven't read the last four Superiors, so I may have provided an unrelated example. You know what I mean.

that'll work for people who know he's spider-man

his personal life. less so

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    there was so much wasted potential in this story tho!

And the slott is writing the aftermath so..... raaaaa.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    The story is not over!

Like I said, I trust Slott, he's clearly been playing the long game and has a story he wants to tell to the end.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I'd sooner have Miles Morales than Peter Parker, but I guess the demands of corporate synergy are going to bring back Pete no matter what.

I am a bit ambivalent about how Superior seems to be playing out as "the rise and fall of Spock and the return of Pete", unless Spock finally has a "with great power comes great responsibility" moment that keeps him around as (slightly) more humble Spider-Man (or, ideally, Splendiferous Spider Hero) along side Pete-Spidey.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    But you still have Miles? In fact he is in twice the books he was in before!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    With double posting comes great responsibility.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    But you still have Miles? In fact he is in twice the books he was in before!

I meant that more in the sense that rather than bring back Peter Parker, Marvel would hype the shit out of the Miles Morales books instead for those folks who want a less dickish protagonist than Spock.

• Options
    I love Spock, but with Scarlet Spider and Agent Venom, keeping SpOck would be a bit redudant.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Just sayin, I would buy "Dr. Octopus: Saving you, no matter what.".

Just Doc Ock reclaiming his old identity but keeps on being the worlds worst(best?) superhero.

• Options
    Yeah, not only do Kaine and Flash no longer have ongoings, they are very different characters from Otto

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yeah, not only do Kaine and Flash no longer have ongoings, they are very different characters from Otto

Kaine doesn't have a solo ongoing. He's one of the leads in the new New Warriors that starts in a couple of months.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    theres a lot of spider mens. Is the clone spider guy still around too? Ben>?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Yeah but that doesn't make it a Spider-Man book that would render a Spock book redundant, which was my point.

Also New Warriors launches next week, I think. It is in February for sure.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Okay, so say they do keep Spock around in his own book, who you all think should write it?

Team Up has been really good, so my vote would go to whoever writes that. Nick Spencer I think?

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    shackle him to thunderbolts

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Venom should be leaving the Thunderbolts for the Guardians soon, so they'd have a spot for a Spider-Person.

• Options
    Nah, Venom is staying on T-Bolts. Soule has talked about how Flash and Johnny Blaze will be bros going forward.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Okay, so say they do keep Spock around in his own book, who you all think should write it?

Team Up has been really good, so my vote would go to whoever writes that. Nick Spencer I think?

Chris Yost
    He does write a pretty good Otto
    And Checchetto's art is a great fit for "dark Spider-Man"

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    double post

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    What about Miguel O'Hara? He's still in the present day, right?

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

Ben Reilly, the guy who was Spider-man for a bit during the post-Clone Saga time, is still dead.

Currently there's
    Spider-man: Otto Octavius (in the body of Peter Parker)
    Scarlet Spider: Kaine, the other clone of Peter Parker.
    Spider-man 2099: Miguel O'Hara, the time displaced descendant of Tiberius Stone, a scientist in the Spider-verse.
    Agent Venom: Peter Parker's childhood friend Flash Thompson, who gains a subdued Venom suit from the US government. He does black-ops stuff. Will Venom-out if his time limit for wearing the suit expires (48 hours).

If you're interested in the female Spiders, there's

Spider-Woman - Jessica Drew, SHIELD agent and HYDRA double agent. She has pheromone powers, flying, and venom blasts. No relation to Peter Parker.
    Madame Web - Julia Carpenter, who was formerly Spider-Women and Arachne, the originator of the Black Spider design. She inherited the mantle from Cassandra Webb, and she lost her previous spider-powers to gain clairvoyance, telepathy, vague telling of prophecies, and blindness.
    Spider-girl - Anya Corazon, formerly known as Araña. She gets Julia's old black costume. She has the usual set of Spider-powers. Apparently she also has organic webbing?

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular

Ben Reilly, the guy who was Spider-man for a bit during the post-Clone Saga time, is still dead.

Currently there's
    Spider-man 2099: Miguel O'Hara, the time displaced descendant of Tiberius Stone, a scientist in the Spider-verse.
    Agent Venom: Peter Parker's childhood friend Flash Thompson, who gains a subdued Venom suit from the US government. He does black-ops stuff. Will Venom-out if his time limit for wearing the suit expires (48 hours).

Spider-Woman - Jessica Drew, SHIELD agent and HYDRA double agent. She has pheromone powers, flying, and venom blasts. No relation to Peter Parker.
    Madame Web - Julia Carpenter, who was formerly Spider-Women and Arachne, the originator of the Black Spider design. She inherited the mantle from Cassandra Webb, and she lost her previous spider-powers to gain clairvoyance, telepathy, vague telling of prophecies, and blindness.
    Spider-girl - Anya Corazon, formerly known as Araña. She gets Julia's old black costume. She has the usual set of Spider-powers. Apparently she also has organic webbing?

I'm not that up on the current issues, but did they ever use Steel Spider? Would be interested to see how Spock reacts to him: a former Doctor Octopus fanboy turned Spider-Man fanboy.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    Last I remember of Steel Spider is he got his ass handed to him by the Thunderbolts around Civil War

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular

Currently there's

There's also the former Scarlet Spider, who's just a clone of another guy in the Iron Spider costume. He never died, they just stopped talking about him.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Last I remember of Steel Spider is he got his ass handed to him by the Thunderbolts around Civil War

Technically it was his arm

steelspider.jpg

• Options
    The switching of artists in this weeks Superior was really jarring.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    The switching of artists in this weeks Superior was really jarring.
    Eh, I didn't mind it since they each had distinct sections of the story to tell that didn't interact with each other

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Does this mean that when Peter comes back he'll be missing a bunch of memories? Or will they be restored somehow (likely through that brain scan having somehow survived)?

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    cckerberos wrote: »
    Does this mean that when Peter comes back he'll be missing a bunch of memories? Or will they be restored somehow (likely through that brain scan having somehow survived)?
    Since originally all of Peter seemed destroyed to the point he couldn't remember his own name I won't be surprised if his other memories are not truly gone but just unreachable.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    cckerberos wrote: »
    Since originally all of Peter seemed destroyed to the point he couldn't remember his own name I won't be surprised if his other memories are not truly gone but just unreachable.

Even though I'm still sure it's wrong, this reinforces my hunch a little more
    But the placement of
    The Ghost Pete scenes in the most recent Superior, I'm getting the strangest feeling, he's not in Ock's head, he's in whoever is the Goblin.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508