As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Parenthood (no not the show)

1235»

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My wife is pretty hot, it's true.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Xaquin wrote: »
    My wife is pretty hot, it's true.

Well done, sir. WELL DONE.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've got to say that's an argument for babies, they do intriguing things to your lady's mammaries. She'll fuss about it to no end and you have to say oh I know, it's terrible, while secretly rejoicing in their bounty, but it's worth it.

Peen on
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Lotsa cute babies in here

Wife and I are working on baby #1 at the moment. She miscarried back in October, which sucked, but we just found out that she is once again pregnant, so we're keeping our fingers, toes, and eyes crossed.

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Best of luck man, my wife and I went through that and it was the worst thing but we got through it and our baby is spectacular.

Peen on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    babies

are

the

worst

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Peen wrote: »
    I've got to say that's an argument for babies, they do intriguing things to your lady's mammaries. She'll fuss about it to no end and you have to say oh I know, it's terrible, while secretly rejoicing in their bounty, but it's worth it.

This is part of the reason I don't want kids.
    I'm already decently endowed, much so like my mom was before kids.
    Her boobs after kids? No thanks.

skettios on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Lotsa cute babies in here

Wife and I are working on baby #1 at the moment. She miscarried back in October, which sucked, but we just found out that she is once again pregnant, so we're keeping our fingers, toes, and eyes crossed.

gl!!

skettios on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    skettios wrote: »

Shoot. See, that was a thing for the guys to see but not the ladies.

ATTENTION LADIES: MY PREVIOUS STATEMENT WAS INACCURATE. THE PROCESS OF REPRODUCTION HAS NO APPRECIABLE CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR BREASTS AND WILL CERTAINLY NOT INCREASE THEM AT LEAST ONE CUP SIZE, PROBABLY TWO.

Peen on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    skettios wrote: »

Shoot. See, that was a thing for the guys to see but not the ladies.

ATTENTION LADIES: MY PREVIOUS STATEMENT WAS INACCURATE. THE PROCESS OF REPRODUCTION HAS NO APPRECIABLE CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR BREASTS AND WILL CERTAINLY NOT INCREASE THEM AT LEAST ONE CUP SIZE, PROBABLY TWO.

haha I enjoy a nice chest as well as the guys ;-)
    I just know the realities :P
    I suppose there is breast reduction to make them not so ridiculous post babies. Mom never had money for that though.

skettios on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My wife's are about the same as they were before she got pregnant. It's usually only during breastfeeding that they grow.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My wife's are about the same as they were before she got pregnant. It's usually only during breastfeeding that they grow.

I think it varies from woman to woman cause my mom's grew and never really shrank. And I'm pretty sure she didn't breastfeed. If she did, it was probably only a week before she went to solution :P

But I'm not a mother or anything, this is purely anecdotal!

skettios on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sorry to kind-of necro this thread

but we just got the results of my wife's most recent blood test and it looks like another miscarriage.

They tested her HCG levels a full week apart, and they only just barely doubled in that time. We have an appointment to meet with the doctor and get a sonogram on Friday, when we'll probably know for sure, but it's certainly not looking good.

We'll probably go get full blood workups for both of us and try to see if there's any genetic reason that this doesn't seem to be working.

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fuck man, I'm sorry to hear that.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    bummer :(

skettios on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sorry, I don't want to bring the thread down, I just wanted to post something, trying to keep from punching one of my coworkers in the face or some similar show of anger for no particular reason

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sorry to kind-of necro this thread

but we just got the results of my wife's most recent blood test and it looks like another miscarriage.

They tested her HCG levels a full week apart, and they only just barely doubled in that time. We have an appointment to meet with the doctor and get a sonogram on Friday, when we'll probably know for sure, but it's certainly not looking good.

We'll probably go get full blood workups for both of us and try to see if there's any genetic reason that this doesn't seem to be working.

My wife is at the ER right now with bleeding and clotting, so hi5 I guess

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh gosh guys. I'm really sorry.

If you need to rant or vent about anything by all means do it. It has to be really stressful for all involved.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Uggh, sorry man.

Last time around, my wife had them perform a DNC to remove the thing instead of waiting for it to pass normally. But she is determined not to go through that again, so I think she's just going to let this one take its course.

Best wishes to you and your wife, Carcass. Is it for sure a miscarriage, or is it possible that it's just some minor bleeding?

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Uggh, sorry man.

Last time around, my wife had them perform a DNC to remove the thing instead of waiting for it to pass normally. But she is determined not to go through that again, so I think she's just going to let this one take its course.

Best wishes to you and your wife, Carcass. Is it for sure a miscarriage, or is it possible that it's just some minor bleeding?

We don't know. She'd had spotting for about the last week, but it was brown and she didn't have cramps or anything, but this morning she was bleeding and cramping. Her doctor couldn't see her until Monday (O_o), so she went to the ER. The last update I got said they were in the exam room waiting on the doctor. It doesn't really look good, but we don't know anything for sure yet. We haven't had to deal with this before, so not really sure what to expect. She acted like it was a lot, but it wasn't a pad an hour or whatever the nurse over the phone told her to wait for before going to the ER. She's going to try and see if she can get an ultrasound, but I don't know. She's about 7 weeks pregnant.

I've personally kind of written it off at this point. Makes it easier, you know? I'll probably leave work here in a bit to be with her. Her mom is there now.

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone. Hopefully things work out for you, Vargas.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Guys that is the absolute worst, we went through it once and it's terrible. Best wishes to you both, Carcass we'll all hope for the best until you hear otherwise.

Peen on