As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] League of Tryhards - Best Online Technical

• Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Sagaxus wrote: »
    Man fuck this game, I am done for the gay. 5 or so losses in a row, I can't get good team mates. I get fucking feeders and trolls every single game.

Unfortunate typo, but I think it makes the sentence better. I think I'm going to just start slipping "gay" into my posts and in-game chat now. It's the gay of the future.

edit: gosh darnit fizban how dare you edit your post to normalcy

Must have edited that right as you quoted it, that or you edited your quote.

Anyways, I really don't see myself getting out of ELO hell. I carry so fucking hard but every other lane feeds so it doesn't matter.

What was your summoner name again?

Edit: nvm saw it on the spreadsheet.

zeeny on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Sylem is my in game name. oh man it was only 3 losses, that is a relief, the pain swirling in my head made it feel like way more.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sylem, why don't you start playing normal queue for fun again? You'll get better and be less sad

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't find normal queue to be fun, too many people don't take it seriously really and the game play out very differently. Also blind pick isn't really any fun, the game just loses a lot of appeal when nothing is on the line, like I can just play as lazily as I want.

that isn't to say that I hate normal, I play it for fun sometimes but I just don't have the time to sit around for 20 minutes for a PA group, and I won't endure the random idiots in normal.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sylem don't take this the wrong way, but when I've seen you in mixed Elo games where the average Elo was probably around 1300 or so, you didn't seem better than the average player at that level. Small sample size so maybe I just saw you in some bad games/with champions you're not good with/etc, but based on what I've seen, I think you're definitely better than the scrubs you're getting matched with in the 1000-1100 range, but I don't think your true Elo is hundreds of points higher or anything; you might just be a 1200-1300 player who has had some bad luck with matchmaking.

At the same time it seems like you are trying hard to get better and from watching your stream I would say it seems like you are improving. I bet when season 2 rolls around the Elo reset will be really good for you and you will be able to stick above 1200 then.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't know where I belong ELO wise but I play fine in 1400-1500 and I dominate 1100 ELO.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Believe me, I know how depressing it is to get matched with bad team after bad team; that happened to me from 1600 all the way down to like 1280, and it took me a ton of games just to break 1400 again.

Luck does exist in the system and sometimes you will be off from your true Elo by as much as 200 points (I don't believe I'm a 1600 quality player at this point, I think I probably got a bit lucky when I reached that peak). But, once you get down to a certain point below your true elo, you just start carrying and it's really hard to lose.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    zeeny wrote: »
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Whenever Roku's stream is live anymore it's always someone other than Roku playing : (

Roku and TreeEskimo almost don't stream anymore;o(

The last time I was watching Tree he had a trolly game and basically said at the end that that was why he didn't play much anymore, and it'd be a while until he did again.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, high Elo is apparently a trollfest lately, at least according to Eski and Roku. Neither of them seems to be deriving as much enjoyment from the game lately. I know Tree has been playing SC2 more, and Roku has turned to BLC.

OremLK on
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't find normal queue to be fun, too many people don't take it seriously really and the game play out very differently. Also blind pick isn't really any fun, the game just loses a lot of appeal when nothing is on the line, like I can just play as lazily as I want.

that isn't to say that I hate normal, I play it for fun sometimes but I just don't have the time to sit around for 20 minutes for a PA group, and I won't endure the random idiots in normal.

Then don't play lazily? You don't get a single epeen measuring number to assess your skill with, but normal queue has an Elo all the same.

Plus, you get to flaunt your wi %s, which is essentially your Elo, as it should hit 50% over an infinitely large amount of games, so if it stays >50% and you keep playing, your Elo is rising.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Then don't play lazily? You don't get a single epeen measuring number to assess your skill with, but normal queue has an Elo all the same.

Plus, you get to flaunt your wi %s, which is essentially your Elo, as it should hit 50% over an infinitely large amount of games, so if it stays >50% and you keep playing, your Elo is rising.

I just meant to say that there are so many factors in the normal games that are not optimal that your more optimal play will not be as rewarded, or that it isn't as important as it would be in ranked. Basically most people don't take the games too seriously so if you aren't playing with 4 other people that aren't trying hard (not tryharding, tryharding is what bitches say) it isn't worth your effort.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    as long as i am getting the creep kills and the people kills

i am a happy dude

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Honestly, just calm down about the ranked stuff. It no longer appears you're having fun, so why are you still playing?

schuss on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I have fun when I win (when everyone is still in the game) and I have fun when I lose and it was my fault or my team played well but things just didn't go right. I just get mad when the games have trolls, feeders and complete idiots. Like today we had a mid heimer (forced me to duo lane trist) who I told not to push the lane or the jungle will gank him. He pushes the lane because he said that is how you play heimer, he dies to the jungle. I tell him to use the turrets as sentries, he says that is dumb, pushes and dies again and then quits.

Some people...

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fiz, in my experience in the handful of ranked games I've played, normal games have a far higher standard of play. I haven't found trolling to be an issue.

I know it's partly due to the fact that I waited so long to play ranked, so I'm being matched with people just starting as well who probably don't have hundreds of level 30 normal games under their belt before jumping in, but still.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    FizzleBizzle you will literally never be happy with this game ever I think.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    boy I had 2 really awful games but then I came back and went top as MF and knocked down top tower in 8 minutes then carried my team to sweet sweet victory.

Jars on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sagaxus wrote: »
    FizzleBizzle you will literally never be happy with this game ever I think.

Are you saying I am just not a happy person, or my goals are unreasonable?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Via an intense mathematical examination of games played vs. posts vs. post content vs. whichever episode of MLP:FiM I am watching, I have determined (w/ the help of space wizardy) that you haven't had much fun, aren't having much fun, and will most likely continue to not have fun.

Very scientifical

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Swain becomes more interesting the more I play him.

How are others building & skilling him?
    WEEQER. R > E > Q > W.
    9/0/21, standard caster runes
    Ignite/Tele in Mid

Meki+2HP
    Rush Chalice
    Boots1, SV, Merc's, Chain Vest (for later Glacial), Deathcap.

If you're not hurting enough early, go Boots1, double Null-Mantle, Merc's, rush Deathcap
    or Boots1, Blasting Wand, Merc's, SV, build normally

I used to delay AP until later and just crap on people with Swain's normal shit while going cdr/tanky, but with the advent of Irelia and tanky DPS coming back, you can't afford to do that any more.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Swain becomes more interesting the more I play him.

How are others building & skilling him?
    WEEQER. R > E > Q > W.
    9/0/21, standard caster runes
    Ignite/Tele in Mid

Meki+2HP
    Rush Chalice
    Boots1, SV, Merc's, Chain Vest (for later Glacial), Deathcap.

If you're not hurting enough early, go Boots1, double Null-Mantle, Merc's, rush Deathcap
    or Boots1, Blasting Wand, Merc's, SV, build normally

I used to delay AP until later and just crap on people with Swain's normal shit while going cdr/tanky, but with the advent of Irelia and tanky DPS coming back, you can't afford to do that any more.

I like to rush a Catalyst and then get a Rylais, after the rylais I like to finish my Rod of ages, then go for Zhonya's then deathcap.

Ultimately just making my Swain a beefy unkillable machine of birds.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can't get started with Jarvin. What's the first thing I'm supposed to make?

I tried a Tiamat - failure
    I tried a Randuin's - failure
    I tried a Lantern - failure

Should I hurry a rageblade and max his flag ability?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    dear god don't do rageblade

he has nothing spammable

Wriggle's Lantern is pretty much the best in my experience

I've been doing EQEWER: R>E>Q>W... I'm sure most max the extendo-dick-skillshot first but I like E a lot

the armor bonus is very substantial early game. then again I jungle a lot

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wriggles is great on pretty much all AD melee, really

Maybe not an IDEAL item, especially if you're playing prearranged, but solo queue when I can't count on my team to ward or control dragon or keep buffs reliably, Wriggles is bananas

Ledneh on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So my friend's are all 30s... i'm 9. I played a game with them as Nasus. Fed HARRRRD. To Akali and Renek. We couldn't stop them. We tried another game with me just supporting and it was also my first time as Zilean. That guy's pretty fun especially when you time bomb behind your teams renekton that's coordinating with you on vent. That game was a 21 minute surrender.
    We played a second game I wanted to give another Zilean go to make sure I had the hang of it. This team was better and out one pug was our one tank Shen. He called us noobs for the way we played (zilean, fortune, nidalee, ezreal) when it turned out the problem is that he was trying to wait for us to initiate then he'd ult in to shield the carry that initiated. Which failed miserably and our party leader yelled at him to go in first which he was skeptical about then we raped every team fight after that. I died more but mostly because they started focusing me first and I wasn't used to having to ult myself all the time.

Point being... I like Zilean... but probably only because I was on a team of people I knew and could coordinate with.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I feel like I have LoL'ers block:
    h4s7q.jpg
    3HAOC.jpg

Zoelef on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not playing this game for a while

New minions are actively not fun

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    At least those weren't Ran--oh. Uh, sorry about that.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Spectrum wrote: »
    At least those weren't Ran--oh. Uh, sorry about that.

I don't feel like I've been playing an "A" game at any point this week. Just a combination of mediocre play, enemy shaco/blitzcranks running amok, and plain old champ select losses (Zoelef grab a jungler, the rest of us will play carries herpaderp)

Zoelef on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't take normal games seriously at all except sometimes when it's an arranged 5v5.

Just the team comps alone are a complete joke in the vast majority of games, especially since blind pick means there is absolutely no counterplay in terms of picking based on what's on the enemy team.

Everything about the way normal solo queue goes down is not serious, is not competitive, is not "tryhard". It's just for light fun and nothing more.

OremLK on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not playing this game for a while

New minions are actively not fun

i'm approaching this point, gonna give it another day or two

unintentional on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oh god.

I think I raised my elo too high, like in secret. I remember being roughtly at 500, like 98 and 98. Maybe even a few games under. Then I remember winning. A LOT. I wasn't keeping track, but tonight it showed. I got put on the most abysmal team. like 1-9 before laning ended... early. I saw I was like.... 112 and 106. I guess things finally caught up with me.

I now look forward to a string of losses to balance out the forces of nature :(

Kai_San on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    what did they change with the minions exactly? I'm not noticing a real difference

then again I'm retarded

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So far I haven't really noticed the difference in the new minions, but it seems like a positive change on a theorycraft level at least

I mean a huge problem in this game is those matches where one team is ahead like the entire game but it goes on 45 minutes anyway

That's just stupid, it shouldn't be that hard to press your advantage. A game shouldn't be over all but officially, but still going on for a half hour. It's a big part of why LoL feels so "snowbally".

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    what did they change with the minions exactly? I'm not noticing a real difference

then again I'm retarded

minions take less damage from turrets
    minions do more damage to turrets
    cannon minions take even less damage from turrets and spawn 50% more often

a wave of minions that is slightly larger than the enemy team's wave of minions now causes a GIGANTIC push in no time at all

because of this, you can walk up to an even lane, kill half the wave, and if they don't relegate someone on their team to stop it they will lose a turret eventually.

There is no incentive to teamfight because you get more done with less risk pushing lanes

unintentional on
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I can't get started with Jarvin. What's the first thing I'm supposed to make?

I tried a Tiamat - failure
    I tried a Randuin's - failure
    I tried a Lantern - failure

Should I hurry a rageblade and max his flag ability?

This is what you should build every game.
    Jarvan.png

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    OremLK wrote: »
    So far I haven't really noticed the difference in the new minions, but it seems like a positive change on a theorycraft level at least

I mean a huge problem in this game is those matches where one team is ahead like the entire game but it goes on 45 minutes anyway

That's just stupid, it shouldn't be that hard to press your advantage. A game shouldn't be over all but officially, but still going on for a half hour. It's a big part of why LoL feels so "snowbally".

it's really boring though

they had a good balance between "the game is over after first blood/dragon" and "you can come back whenever"

now it's "nothing you do matters until you push the nexus after one mistake by the enemy team because turrets go down like paper"

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The minion waves don't change until 20 minutes in

OremLK on
  • Options
    VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wow...Riot needs to put some -Crit armor into this game...just played as malphite who I main, again Twitch, Trynd, and a shaco who all were heavy crit/attack speed. There's no ammount of armor you can stack to deal with it, I felt like a caster it was so bad, and they weren't even fed at that point, but once they got up to that point, my randuins and ruins and belt/ruby crystal were no match at all.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I would like to see the majority of games be 25-35 minutes, excluding rage enduced surrenders. That time seems far more reasonable, I would say my average game (excluding rage induced surrenders) is somewhere around 45-60 minutes.

I think this game would be more enjoyable without crit and dodge, I just don't understand why they would want random mechanics like that in the game. As an example I lost a fight as trist after I got zero crits and the enemy dodged 3 times (no dodge items, not sivir) causing me to lose. Or just watching my wriggles lanter Udyr kill dragon in 4 seconds and then take four times as long on lizard. Why do these things exist like that? Everything should be at least standardized into 1 in every 4 or whatever.

Fizban140 on