As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Mos Eisley [CHAT]ina

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    He smacked me in the face and said "get real, you are going to marry the shit out of Rachel, and I am gonna be there."

His wife hated me anyway...

My sister wanted to have her vows in the form "I (her name), marry the SHIT out of (her fiance's name)", etc., but apparently this was shot down due to the presence of many aged relatives in the wedding party.

tynic on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    tynic wrote: »
    He smacked me in the face and said "get real, you are going to marry the shit out of Rachel, and I am gonna be there."

His wife hated me anyway...

My sister wanted to have her vows in the form "I (her name), marry the SHIT out of (her fiance's name)", etc., but apparently this was shot down due to the presence of many aged relatives in the wedding party.

Should have doubled down and drowned out the profanity by blasting Iggy & The Stooges non-stop throughout the ceremony.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • meowmixmeowmix Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mustang wrote: »
    Hey dudes and dudettes, just thought I'd swing past to let you know I'm not dead.
    So, yeah, I'm not dead......wait a minute, bullet wound, wife hanging around some putz, not speaking to me and crying all the time....oh my god, I forgot to buy icecream!

um what? For reals? If so, please 'splain gun wound?

meowmix on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    6th Sense? Bruce Willis? No? I guess you'd be better off not getting the reference to be honest.

In closing I haven't actually been shot.

Mustang on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    But you were dead this whole time.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • meowmixmeowmix Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Haha! Okay, I fail 1999. Thanks for calming down the pinhead.

meowmix on
    edited March 2011
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    But you were dead this whole time.

Well not the whole time, there was a brief period where I was undead.

Mustang on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You're dead to me.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is 49c68e779bc14394b20fecf.jpg

Crytek 3 demo OMFG

ninjai on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anyone in LA want a new roomie.

I need to get to LA

wakkawa on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have been thinking of moving back to LA myself. I hate the city but there is a lot more going on their industry-wise. But it wouldn't be for quite awhile anyways.

rts on
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Cake, Wak - I want to add you guys in SC2 but how?

F87 on
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Why you movin' to LA Wakk?

I mean other than moving out of your shit-town. Any opportunities arise?

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Siegfried wrote: »
    Why you movin' to LA Wakk?

I mean other than moving out of your shit-town. Any opportunities arise?

There's a lot of work for artists down there.

Godfather on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, I really hate my office today. I have a ton of work and all I want is some peace and quiet. But everywhere I go in the building for 2 minutes for myself I end up running into someone. I finally sit at my cubicle to finish out the rest of my lunch break and literaly all my co-workers get on my case about eating chips and their high salt content.

LEAVE ME ALOOOOONE!!!

MagicToaster on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hello i am still looking for arts for my lit mag

would it be rude to troll the forums and directly contact people soliciting things they have posted

Quoth on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, I really hate my office today. I have a ton of work and all I want is some peace and quiet. But everywhere I go in the building for 2 minutes for myself I end up running into someone. I finally sit at my cubicle to finish out the rest of my lunch break and literaly all my co-workers get on my case about eating chips and their high salt content.

LEAVE ME ALOOOOONE!!!

Do the chips make you turn red also?

Metalbourne on
    edited March 2011

LEAVE ME ALOOOOONE!!!

Do the chips make you turn red also?

Cheddar Cheese Ruffles are the most amazing chips ever. They don't make me turn red.

MagicToaster on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd still wager that they're just stopping by to make sure you're not choking.

Metalbourne on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Anyone in LA want a new roomie.

I need to get to LA

give me 2 years

edit: Also you have to promise not to angst about all the hot girls I'll be bringing back to the apartment

edit2: of course everyone will be a hot girl because fuck why is it so damnably hot down there
    edit3: I am going to melt.

Kochikens on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    LA seems like an unpleasant place to live, but all of my impressions of LA have been colored by True Crimes: Streets of LA and GTA: San Andreas.

Fugitive on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fugitive on
    edited March 2011
    Yeah because that is specific to LA. LA can be a pretty nice place, but you have to know where to look. The beach cities where I grew up (Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach) are all really nice. Unfortunately none of those places are anywhere near the art scene in LA, which is mostly on the other side of downtown, a good 45-min to an hour drive depending on the time of day.

Redondo Beach

rts on
    edited March 2011
    Is that you, Cake? I was half expecting that you were actually Franklin.

MagicToaster on
    edited March 2011
    Damn you for having a ridiculously cool car Cake, it sounds fucking insane.

EDIT: Actually LA reminds of a Adelaide, just 10 times bigger. Flat with the sea on one side and hills on the other and always hot.

Mustang on
    edited March 2011
    Oops sorry I didn't realize that would embed. Is there any way to make that just a link?

Yeah that is me driving the car, the other guy is my sister's boyfriend. Also LA can get pretty hot the further you go inland, but on the coast it's pretty nice 90% of the year.

rts on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    there are fecal bacteria and E. coli everywhere
    most of the time, they are harmless
    hence, we don't get ill after every few visits to the supermarket

pro-tip: fecal bacteria are on your toothbrush bristles right now. don't panic.

Tam on
    edited March 2011
    Seriously though take me to LA. I have been wanting to live there forever.
    I have also met an amazing girl there that is perfect for me. Just browse my DA, olololol

I'm going to move there eventually. I want it to be sooner though!

wakkawa on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    there are fecal bacteria and E. coli everywhere
    most of the time, they are harmless
    hence, we don't get ill after every few visits to the supermarket

pro-tip: fecal bacteria are on your toothbrush bristles right now. don't panic.

God this is something that really annoys me.

Like awhile back I saw some TV program going, "OMG, did you know there's more bacteria living on your desktop than there is on a toilet seat?! OMGWTFBBQ PANIC!!!", and then it doesn't go on to mention what kind of bacteria is on there and if it is at all harmful to anything- or if it was, if there was any way to catch anything from it short of trying to clean your desk with your tongue.

I know it's you think it's your job to whip your audience into a panicked frenzy, TV producers, but not even your ominous sting music and sudden-black-and-white+slow zoom effects can distract me from realizing the one, single fact in your 5 minute story is apparently utterly meaningless.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The fact that the cleaning fluid manufacturers boast those ridiculous >99% percent kill figures is hilarious. It's entirely unnecessary to kill most of the germs in your home. By all means, whip out the antimicrobial wipes around a sick sneezing coughing kid, but you don't need to go about sterilizing your house unless someone living there is immunodeficient.

Bacteria are our friends, by and large. Things could get very bad for you without your gut flora.

Tam on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Fugitive wrote: »
    LA seems like an unpleasant place to live, but all of my impressions of LA have been colored by True Crimes: Streets of LA and GTA: San Andreas.

Plus, no one will instantly walk into a brilliant art job just by moving to LA. You've got the same struggle for exposure and networking as anywhere else, except now you're competing with everyone else trying to do it locally as well.

Portland's got the same problem.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited March 2011
    you know what fuck my last comment.

Today has been the worst day. The guy I was doing work for is gettin on my ass, lost a big contest, and now the girl doesn't want anything to do with me.

Why am I such a big fuck up. I can't do this shit anymore. Im fucking done

wakkawa on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wakka <3333

Kochikens on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Wakka you cant rage quit, it'd make me super sad! Theres a lot of love for you here, you know.

Iruka on
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    bleh

My first big commission from a customer at work, and I'm truly understanding how important being rich and being able to afford [strike]studio space[/strike] A REAL TABLE/materials is. I had to find things that were heavy enough (bath salt and body wash a friend got me in Egypt) to hold the corners of my paper down. And my bed is the only big enough place to work on this, which means spending a lot of time kneeling. ):<
    geoffmartinwip.jpg

Maybe he'll pay me big bucks when he sees it so I can buy all this stuff

melting_doll on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well if its any consolation for the lack of tools and space, that piece looks way rad.

earthwormadam on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    m_d, that is awesomely cute-- Supermom? Love it! what size board is that, 12x18?

wakk hang in there duder. Sometimes things look a lot worse than they really are, especially when it all hits you at once like today. Tomorrow is another day, etc., etc... You're a really talented artist having a bad day, nothing to give up over.

/de-lurk!

tapeslinger on
    edited March 2011
    if I wakeup tomorrow I'll be surprised.

wakkawa on
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    F87 wrote: »
    Cake, Wak - I want to add you guys in SC2 but how?

OO, lets play some SC 2 :D

my b.net e-mail = macks.smart@hotmail.com

Anyone who SC2's feel free to add me !!!

ninjai on
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh, thanks guys, haha. I was taking a break and looked at my bed and realized how ridiculous it seemed. And it's superkids of this really cool guy that comes in. Pretty excited (: And I don't know for sure how big it is, and I already put it away. Hehe

And Wakk, I sure hope you do. I love showing your art to my friends, especially the dudes. Because you draw boobs pretty amazingly!! It's hard to stay optimistic sometimes, but I hope you cheer up!

melting_doll on
This discussion has been closed.