As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

King of [chat]

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    There's nothing intrinsically wrong with the MBTI as a personality test. It satisfies the requirements we look for in personality tests (validity, consistency, reliability). But I generally feel that personality tests should be kept out of the workplace.

and the classroom, for that matter

i mean it's one thing to study the methods but you shouldn't put your students through it and make a public point of their results

Pony on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/spoiler-alert---tiptoes---uncut

This is apparently what I'm going to watch for the next 45 minutes.

Something about hearing this man describe this movie is mesmerizing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukRdEVthmWM

this has to be a send-up, right?

No. It's a Sundance film!

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ke$ha has considerably more clout in the music industry than I gave her credit for, I mean, seeing how she is everything wrong with it.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    wargl bargl my instructor believes in Emotional Intelligence and is making us write an essay on it

rabble rabble rabble

Hey, it has its support for a reason.

BUT I WILL RABBLE JUST THE SAME WITH YOU, GOOD SIR

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    Ke$ha is shit

She's a talentless hack who blew a producer and got a record deal

She (along with American Idol) are indicative of everything wrong with modern music and I hate them and the people who enjoy them

I hate them so much

I wish I could hate them to death

So are you like 17 and you really really believe that music is dead because of pop? Really?

Really really? Do you also watch Donnie Darko and cry yourself to sleep? I mean I don't know man. That's just such an angry, narrow minded worldview that is just not indicative of reality.

Modern music has more of a platform with the internet than it ever has. You can access any kind of music any time. Just don't listen to Ke$ha if you don't like her. Nobody is tying you to a pole and making you listen to it. Your elitism is the disease of music. Not fucking Ke$ha

None of this really has anything to do with what he said.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm actually writing a paper about how modern pop stars (including Ke$ha) are helping to overthrow the dominant patriarchal paradigm of womens' sexuality.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Fun fact: if you're ever an extra in a film or a stage production with a significant number of people, saying the word "rhubarb" over and over again makes the best "crowd rabble" sound in cinematic history.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It had everything to do with what he said, up to and including that bitter attitude in general.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Ke$ha has considerably more clout in the music industry than I gave her credit for, I mean, seeing how she is everything wrong with it.

in-dic-a-tive

–adjective
    showing, signifying, or pointing out; expressive or suggestive (usually followed by of ): behavior indicative of mental disorder.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There is at least one section in each of her songs where Ke$ha doesn't do that forced singing or whatever and I really like her voice.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There's nothing intrinsically wrong with the MBTI as a personality test. It satisfies the requirements we look for in personality tests (validity, consistency, reliability). But I generally feel that personality tests should be kept out of the workplace.

i mean it's one thing to study the methods but you shouldn't put your students through it and make a public point of their results

Yeah.
    I'm actually writing a paper about how modern pop stars (including Ke$ha) are helping to overthrow the dominant patriarchal paradigm of womens' sexuality.

I appreciate that Ke$ha sexually objectifies men in her music. I find it refreshing.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ke$ha is shit

She (along with American Idol) are indicative of everything wrong with modern music and I hate them and the people who enjoy them

I hate them so much

So are you like 17 and you really really believe that music is dead because of pop? Really?

Really really? Do you also watch Donnie Darko and cry yourself to sleep? I mean I don't know man. That's just such an angry, narrow minded worldview that is just not indicative of reality.

Modern music has more of a platform with the internet than it ever has. You can access any kind of music any time. Just don't listen to Ke$ha if you don't like her. Nobody is tying you to a pole and making you listen to it. Your elitism is the disease of music. Not fucking Ke$ha
    the whole "rar pop music is bad because [individual artist] when removed from the studio setting cannot deliver an arbitrarily determined good performance" elitism is so retarded as to undermine the very musical credibility of the person saying it

music takes many different forms and involves many different collaborations

if you don't like it, don't listen to it. they're not stifling musical creativity, nor are they killing anything. they're just more music. music affects music and so on through time

MikeMan on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rikushix wrote: »
    Fun fact: if you're ever an extra in a film or a stage production with a significant number of people, saying the word "rhubarb" over and over again makes the best "crowd rabble" sound in cinematic history.

rhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarb

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I took one of them tests

I'm apparently a ENTP

okay

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Yeah.

I appreciate that Ke$ha sexually objectifies men in her music. I find it refreshing.

ZIP YOUR LIP LIKE A PADLOCK.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    in-dic-a-tive

–adjective
    showing, signifying, or pointing out; expressive or suggestive (usually followed by of ): behavior indicative of mental disorder.

Sorry, eyes glazed over from all the warglgarbl.

I know what indicative means :P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Elldren, if you're around how was that a miss?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't know anything about EI or Myers-Briggs

but I hate pop-science of any type
    lol psychology isn't science and there aren't any physicists around right now to make fun of me

Arch on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    GODDAMNIT WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO FUCK MY BOYFRIEND

you could watch, if that makes it okay

alternatively: my expenses are candy and poker right now, I'm good for some cash

are... are you hot

I'm okay

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hm, what pandora genre station should I try next guys? I was kind of hoping I could just make a general world music station but it looks like it would make me narrow that down, but not sure what I'd want to narrow it down to, if at all.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

rhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarb

can't stop

laughing at this

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hm, what pandora genre station should I try next guys? I was kind of hoping I could just make a general world music station but it looks like it would make me narrow that down, but not sure what I'd want to narrow it down to, if at all.
    chemical brothers station

so good

MikeMan on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Arch it all comes down to math anyway soooo.. the only real science is Mathematics.

Ludious on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    One of my friends went to highschool with Ke$ha.

They apparently despised one another.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

can't stop

laughing at this
    what feral doesn't want everyone to know is that his control key is broken so he typed that out by hand

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »
    chemical brothers station

so good

That aint a genre station son!

Also I think the chemical brothers kinda suck.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Elldren noooo D:

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I told Choco, in a really happy voice!, that I traded 40 iron in Minecraft for 14 lapis and 2 diamond

and he went

FUCK

UGH

and I was like what, did you want that iron?

and he was all YES, AND I WOULD HAVE TRADED YOU MORE LAPIS!

he is so needy

• Options
    edited February 2011

I learned this in 9th grade English class and I consider it one of the best things I ever learned from an English class.

Not that I have anything against high school English, because my 9th grade English teacher was one of the best instructors I ever had.

But now you're sitting in your chair, saying "rhubarbrhubarbrhubarb" to yourself :P

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    rhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrhubarbrubarbhrubarbhrubarbhrubarbhrubarbhrubarbh

ain't not thang writing that by hand

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

They did this on 30 Rock.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Arch wrote: »

lol psychology isn't science and there aren't any physicists around right now to make fun of me

You and I both know that half of biology is witchcraft.
    The other half is selectively throwing out data.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited February 2011

can't stop

laughing at this
    what feral doesn't want everyone to know is that his control key is broken so he typed that out by hand

I wouldn't be surprised

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    the whole "rar pop music is bad because [individual artist] when removed from the studio setting cannot deliver an arbitrarily determined good performance" elitism is so retarded as to undermine the very musical credibility of the person saying it

music takes many different forms and involves many different collaborations

if you don't like it, don't listen to it. they're not stifling musical creativity, nor are they killing anything. they're just more music. music affects music and so on through time

Let's imagine a hypothetical pop star who can't sing at all. She's tone deaf, she sounds like a donkey braying. In the studio, everything she records is heavily filtered through autotune so it actually becomes melodious. Then these songs are marketed and sold under her name. But if somebody who were familiar with her recorded singles were to hear her sing live, she'd be nearly unrecognizable.

Why should they be under her name? Isn't the music really the product of the producer, not the "singer?" I may like the music, as I might like something like Orbital or Aphex Twin which is entirely synthesized, but isn't almost fraudulent to market the music with her name and face?

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2011
    I told Choco, in a really happy voice!, that I traded 40 iron in Minecraft for 14 lapis and 2 diamond

and he went

FUCK

UGH

and I was like what, did you want that iron?

and he was all YES, AND I WOULD HAVE TRADED YOU MORE LAPIS!

he is so needy

a good dicking'll sort him out

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    hello

Rent on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Arch wrote: »

You and I both know that half of biology is witchcraft.
    The other half is selectively throwing out data.

ha ha!
    :( that has been a problem for my lab but shhhhh

Arch on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm really hoping therapy fixes a lot of my problems and I don't have to go back on the med treadmill.

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ke$ha is shit

I hate them so much

She can't deliver a good performance when she's in the studio

It is overwhelmingly derivative and trashy, and the only aspects of the songs that are remotely decent (the backing tracks) she has fuck-all to do with. That studio composer getting paid $less_than_worth is faceless and lower-middle class while that ugly white trash idiot makes bank for singing about getting so plastered she'll fuck anything with two legs and a pulse. That's what's wrong with modern music.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    South host wrote: »

They did this on 30 Rock.

well I learned it before 30 rock was even an idea so GAWD

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
This discussion has been closed.