As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PATV 4th Panel S2E14: Child's Play 2010

duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs?Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Social Entropy++
durax on

• Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Everyone at PA should be fucking knighted by the queen herself.

Meiz on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't know if being knighted would be enough.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm glad they made this episode, but from an editorial standpoint it could have been tightened up a fair amount. I heard an extremely similar statement about statistics from the same person about four times in a row.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This series is the best thing Penny Arcade has ever done

Qorzm on
  • Options
    Susan DelgadoSusan Delgado Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The Child's Play eps always make me bawl like a girl... which I guess is OK since I am a girl. It's not that they're really sad eps, but it just makes me feel really good to know there are so many people in the gaming community that just want to help these kids during some really scary and difficult times.

Susan Delgado on
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.
  • Options
    BrooksyBrooksy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I love all PATV and the Childs Play episodes are great but...is it just me, or is this pretty much the exact same episode as the "Childs Play: Part 2" from Season 1? It seems to feature all the same talking points & scenes.

I'm not complaining, it was still a good episode but did anyone else think the same? Presumably the Childs Play episodes are more about raising awareness than entertainment anyway.

I hope it turned out alright for those kids :(

Brooksy on
  • Options
    ZuelZuel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I second the knighting. Or something. Cause I mean damn, god bless these guys.

Zuel on
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Do the United States have any knighthoods/orders?

Ivar on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cried like a Jeff.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    closest thing would be the presidential medal of freedom or congressional gold medal

no titles that I know of

L|ama on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ivar wrote: »

Various medals and honors for military service, but civilians get honored too; sort of like lifetime achievement things - I remember Paul McCartney recently got a thing from the White House, he's already a knight! What did he need that for?

Plus there was the recognition Mike and Jerry got from the Washington state legislature. Did they mention Child's Play explicitly in that? I forget.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    oh no, this again

// hahahahaha

Fuga on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nothing says professionalism like sitting at my desk at work crying.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Iolo wrote: »

"Keep up the good work, Jenkins! That's what we like to see here at Tears 'R' Us!"

KalTorak on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Damn you Child's Play episodes!

Making me feel things.
    :(

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Cried like a Jeff.

Hahaha aw Jeff.

This was sweet to see the kids playing and being able to ignore the fact that they're in hospital, and so nice that Child's Play is making things easier for them. Heartwarming :D

Liiya on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Various medals and honors for military service, but civilians get honored too; sort of like lifetime achievement things - I remember Paul McCartney recently got a thing from the White House, he's already a knight! What did he need that for?

Plus there was the recognition Mike and Jerry got from the Washington state legislature. Did they mention Child's Play explicitly in that? I forget.

I thought just PAX (because they like that PAX brings money into the state), but it turns out they mentioned both:

WHEREAS, Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik recently celebrated the comic's 10th anniversary;
    and WHEREAS, In 2004, Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik launched the first annual Penny
    Arcade Expo, a gaming festival... and WHEREAS, The Penny Arcade Expo attracts thousands of tourists from around the globe to visit the city of Seattle...

WHEREAS, In 2003, Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik created the Child's Play Charity, an organization which raises contributions of money and toys to donate to Children's Hospitals worldwide; and WHEREAS, Child's Play Charity has raised over 4.5 million dollars for sixty different Children's Hospitals since it was established.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Was that WaM?

EDIT: At 1:19

EDIT EDIT: Not creepy stalker guy, I just know she's got the cool octopus (hehe) ink, so the tat caught my attention

chromdom on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

we don't bestow titles in the US, because we vehemently oppose aristocracy.

so we just set one up without titles anyway!

Langly on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is there a video of the whole auction anywhere? Possibly in DVD form? Mainly I just like hearing those guys do banter

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BaravisBaravis Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Iolo wrote: »

This.

Baravis on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    End wrote: »

I thought just PAX (because they like that PAX brings money into the state), but it turns out they mentioned both:

WHEREAS, Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik recently celebrated the comic's 10th anniversary;
    and WHEREAS, In 2004, Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik launched the first annual Penny
    Arcade Expo, a gaming festival... and WHEREAS, The Penny Arcade Expo attracts thousands of tourists from around the globe to visit the city of Seattle...

WHEREAS, In 2003, Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik created the Child's Play Charity, an organization which raises contributions of money and toys to donate to Children's Hospitals worldwide; and WHEREAS, Child's Play Charity has raised over 4.5 million dollars for sixty different Children's Hospitals since it was established.

What's with all the WHEREAS ?

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    smof wrote: »

it's a legalspeak thing

It's a resolution actually passed by Washington state legislators, as in it was something they actually voted on and passed. It's symbolic of course, so it doesn't really do anything, other than show their recognition of Penny Arcade's accomplishments.

oh, and here's the full text

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    smof wrote: »

It's a legislative resolution, it's just the way these things are done.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    chromdom wrote: »
    Was that WaM?

EDIT EDIT: Not creepy stalker guy, I just know she's got the cool octopus (hehe) ink, so the tat caught my attention

WaM's tatoo is of the Rocketeer.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    man if I was a developer on any of the games they send out to hospitals I would bawl daily

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Was that WaM?

She also has an octopus

Or someone here does, cuz I remember thinking how awesome it was

But I'm like 99% sure that's her

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    a pet octopus

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    No, it's not WaM.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Child's Play is awesome, PATV is awesome, but the Child's Play PATV episodes are kind of like the #1 on the Top Ten list; the applause at the end is automatic so you don't have to use your best material for it.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Was that WaM?

I just paused it at 1:19 and that girl has a dragon. Defiently not the same tattoo as wam.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Houk wrote: »
    Was that WaM?

She also has an octopus

And a friggin tree on her back.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Was that WaM?

She also has an octopus

Usagi has the octopus on her back.

Liiya on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Someday I'll attend the auction!

skettios on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Liiya wrote: »
    Was that WaM?

She also has an octopus

Does she? I remember seeing her red flowery thing

The one I'm thinking of is a shoulder-down-the-arm tattoo though

Maybe, I dunno. My memory is utter shit

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Aww, another Child's Play epi.

Always makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :p

Though the extent of my involvement with CP ends at donating through the Humble Indie Bundles... but you guys got all of my payment! No splitting here. >:3

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The editing on this episode certainly could have used some work, and certain shots seemed ripped straight out of last season, but seeing those kids play and that father talk about his experience was amazing. I wish him and his family the best.

These guys know what to shoot and the episodes are consistently entertaining (especially for the low price of no dollars), but they can't seem to present it with the same all around excellence that 2PP had.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Liiya wrote: »
    Was that WaM?

She also has an octopus

wam has an octopus on her arm as well.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Watching this really brings home the fact that I take my life and health truly for granted.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I thought the point that for some of these kids, it's not actually a "here's something to keep you entertained until you get better and you can leave" thing was...

Well, it puts things in a different light.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are