As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Age Thread - [Please post in new thread]

1575859606163»

• Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Hmm.
    OK: Here is the story.

Auto-attack option for consoles was added in to the games late in the development cycle after the initial certification build was sent. The auto-attack functionality was sent to be added to the game for testing and approval. This was why staff said it was in game.

Due to an error during mastering, the auto-attack file was omitted during manufacture.

We apologize for this. It was meant to be in game, but it is not currently in the console versions. We are working on how best to distribute this to console users. When we have information, we will let everyone know.

The grin on my face is quite large.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    They upped damage for two-handed warriors in the final build and also the two-handed sword they gave you was really crappy.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hmm.

Auto-attack option for consoles was added in to the games late in the development cycle after the initial certification build was sent. The auto-attack functionality was sent to be added to the game for testing and approval. This was why staff said it was in game.

Due to an error during mastering, the auto-attack file was omitted during manufacture.

We apologize for this. It was meant to be in game, but it is not currently in the console versions. We are working on how best to distribute this to console users. When we have information, we will let everyone know.

Ouch, glad I am getting it for PC. 360 users, have fun getting your update a year from now when Microsoft finally gets around to approving it! (seriously, I hate the XBL patch/dlc approval process)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Two handed warrior damage felt sub-par in the demo for a variety of reasons:

#1) Everyone upgrades weapons after the time skip. The two handed warrior, mysteriously, does not and is thus using sub-par weaponry.

#2) Two hander damage has been increased since the build that comprised the demo.

If it seemed easy to you despite this, I agree. But Origins was also a joke. I think I'll be playing on Hard.

ya.. in the demo I switched to a sword and shield dude and the damage was horrendously bad

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    GalactusGoGalactusGo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Hmm.

Ouch, glad I am getting it for PC. 360 users, have fun getting your update a year from now when Microsoft finally gets around to approving it! (seriously, I hate the XBL patch/dlc approval process)

damn, I really wanted to use the auto attack option. Staying positive I will enjoy the hell out of smashing the A button until 5 am tomorrow morning!

GalactusGo on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    And here I was being smug that the console version wouldn't have to put up with any unfinished silly goosery like the hi-res texture packs, but now my dreams of not having to constantly mash A have been shattered.

On the upside:
    They upped damage for two-handed warriors in the final build and also the two-handed sword they gave you was really crappy.

That's good to know, because I felt the enemies took WAY too many hits to take down.

Man....this game is going to be good, right?

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so I was just looking at my entitlements and what the fuck!?:
    Of Things Not Lost
    Blood Dragon Armor
    Hayder's Razor
    The Far Cliffs of Kirkwall
    Lothering's Lament
    Hindsight
    Ser Isaac's Armor

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Of Things Not Lost
    Blood Dragon Armor
    Hayder's Razor
    Lothering's Lament
    Hindsight
    Ser Isaac's Armor

Yeah, if you have it for DA 1 or ME 2 you get it again. For some reason.

Z0re on
  • Options
    CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Of Things Not Lost
    Blood Dragon Armor
    Hayder's Razor
    Lothering's Lament
    Hindsight
    Ser Isaac's Armor
    Yeah, this came up a couple of hours ago. BD armour is available to everyone who has DAO. Probably has reasonably high strength and constitution requirements so pump both as well as you can before you get to the point where you collect it.

Cojones on
    exmac.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hey, guys. New thread.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    Keep in mind that templars use blood magic and therefore whether something is consistent with what they preach is no indicator of where they actually stand

I missed this. Where's that information from?
    Phylacteries. It's no coincidence that templars hunt down mages with a vial of blood.

Edit: as for who mentions it in the game, I can't remember, but it's in there

That's good point. I hadn't thought of it that way. I'm sure the Chantry would say that blood magic involves more than just the use of blood. But that's a tough argument.

No doubt there's the slippery slope argument (if the Chantry is using blood to track mages, what else are they willing to use blood for?) but I imagine the Church proper would abhor anything more than tracking. Necessary evil and all that.
    The circle mage that helps you out in Witch Hunt uses blood as a gps device.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    So I've just finished Witch Hunt.
    It was..alright, I guess? Nothing really mindblowing, but since Morrigan was really central to my character's story, I wanted to do it.

However I don't know which ending I'm gonna import to DA 2.
    Leave or stay?
    Leave or stay?
    Leave or stay?
    Leave or stay?
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Stab her?
    Just did this on my rogue. So satisfying.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Keep in mind that templars use blood magic and therefore whether something is consistent with what they preach is no indicator of where they actually stand

I missed this. Where's that information from?
    Phylacteries. It's no coincidence that templars hunt down mages with a vial of blood.

Edit: as for who mentions it in the game, I can't remember, but it's in there

That's good point. I hadn't thought of it that way. I'm sure the Chantry would say that blood magic involves more than just the use of blood. But that's a tough argument.

No doubt there's the slippery slope argument (if the Chantry is using blood to track mages, what else are they willing to use blood for?) but I imagine the Church proper would abhor anything more than tracking. Necessary evil and all that.
    The circle mage that helps you out in Witch Hunt uses blood as a gps device.

It's kind of like a SWAT team. You aren't supposed to kill criminals if you can possibly help it. You are supposed to arrest them and trial them in a court of law.
    But sometimes you need men with guns who storm the place and kill people without a trial if they need to, because their threat is just too high.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Why are you posting in this thread? Stop it. Post in the other one that isn't old and full.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png