As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My HDTV might be dying :( How to prolong?

LunkerLunker Registered User regular
I have a 40" Samsung LCD that I bought about 4 years ago and still love, but lately it's been giving me scares due to how slowly it warms up. If it's off overnight, when I turn it on the warm-up process takes a lot longer than it used to -- I don't hear the "click" and the picture for whatever input it was last set to for about 6 seconds or so after turning it on. Once it's been on for a while, I can turn it off and on with no problems or lag, so it only seems to happen after it's off and cold for a while.

I'm assuming it's starting to fade, which sucks, since I really don't have the money to replace it. So what is the best way to keep it alive as long as possible? Should I still be turning it on and off as I normally do, or should I just leave the TV on constantly?

Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
Lunker on

• Options
    November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's too soon for the screen to have worn out.

I believe you have the Samsung capacitor problem.

Call Samsung and see if your model qualifies for a free fix.

November Fifth on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is exactly what's wrong with my TV. Thanks so much for the tip, will see if Samsung will honor the free repair on the capacitors.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)