As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old [Entertainment] Thread is Old. Everyone GTFO!

• Options
    Frank BrakFrank Brak Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man, those old NWA/WCW pictures take me back to when I'd go see them at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago as a kid.

It's weird that although being into Hulk Hogan, I was never really into the WWF during the Hogan/Savage/Warrior era.

Frank Brak on
    "hold the phone. now give the phone to me."
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The sad thing is, at this point it might be too late. By the time they get the chance to finally help him out, he might die.

The only good thing coming from this is, if Jeff Hardy's paying attention, it might scare him straight.

The worst case scenario is, Jeff Hardy doesn't learn from this, and is in this exact same situation 5 to 10 years from now.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The sad thing is, at this point it might be too late. By the time they get the chance to finally help him out, he might die.

The only good thing coming from this is, if Jeff Hardy's paying attention, it might scare him straight.

The worst case scenario is, Jeff Hardy doesn't learn from this, and is in this exact same situation RIGHT NOW.

ftfy

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have lost all faith in Jeff Hardy. I am convinced he will never learn.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This makes TNA the Number 1 Wrestling Organization by default.

TNA! TNA! TNA!

(Goes to take a shower)

Wrong!
    entertainmentWR.jpg

TNA is still second in a two company race.

Also, didn't Cena say he was the best wrestler on RAW?

And CM Punk said wrestler at that house show.

Yeah, good luck getting the talent to agree to being "entertainers", which is a euphemism for "birthday clown" or "stripper".
    THAT's the name of that thing. I was wondering the other day what it was, I'd played it a long time ago. Is there a newer version out or a free version anywhere?

Goose! on
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    He might have learned if not for the current environment he is in with TNA. If what has been said is true the company doesn't reprimand him for his drug use, but put him in the main event.

What was the word about what happened after his match w/ sting? If he wasn't fired I give up on TNA too.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Goose! wrote: »
    This makes TNA the Number 1 Wrestling Organization by default.

TNA! TNA! TNA!

(Goes to take a shower)

Wrong!
    entertainmentWR.jpg

TNA is still second in a two company race.

Also, didn't Cena say he was the best wrestler on RAW?

And CM Punk said wrestler at that house show.

Yeah, good luck getting the talent to agree to being "entertainers", which is a euphemism for "birthday clown" or "stripper".
    THAT's the name of that thing. I was wondering the other day what it was, I'd played it a long time ago. Is there a newer version out or a free version anywhere?

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/tew/index.php?page=freeware

Lux on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Is that version with updated Rosters? I remember there were other versions but had fake stuff put in since if the real versions were there the guy could be targeted.

And the link doesn't work for me, any alt download site?

Cade on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm watching Tough Enough now, and it's hilarious. My favorite part was the girls getting mad when one of the guys said they were there because they were pretty and not because they were talented, and then fast forward to Miss USA who can't do a somersault

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That guy was being a pretty big asshole about it, though, despite however true his statement may be.

Which one is the one from Lance Storm's acadamy? The blonde girl? Didn't really see much from her yet. Hope she turns out to be okay.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I want to find the match against Yokozuna Steve mentioned and see if I can tell when during the match he shits his pants

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "I don't need to sum this one up for you, we all know what happened when Austin won."

I actually never understood why Michaels disappeared for that long besides "he fucked up his back." And I've never read his book, or any wrestling book, and I really should. Was there something to it besides "he fucked up his back?"

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Kevin Nash:
    Scott is in the hospitial up north,I'll be at the airport when he lands and taking him to my home when he lands.
    Please don't judge Scott on what you just saw.He would give any of you a kidney
    to the motherfuckers that made a joke who would want his kidney lol send me your address and lets see how funny it is
    he's my brother we will get through this.To Scotts fans thank you 4 your love you're as special as he is

Cade on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Did somebody say Tough Enough?

4yqVV.gif

Oh, and Goose you can find an updated version of the EWR files can be found here though I think the server is down right now or something.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That is the best gif. Just amazing.

Also, is there anyway to make that TEW2005 thing not look like shit? I'm using Windows 7 with a widescreen monitor and the icons stretch all oddly and the background doesn't fit. Tried compatibility modes and resolution changes, nothing working.

Goose! on
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ugh.

I feel bad for Big Kev. It sucks watching your friends slowly kill themselves with drugs/alcohol.

Assuming that it was booze, and not just a bad reaction to medicines like Hall's camp is claiming.

Assuran on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Also, is there anyway to make that TEW2005 thing not look like shit? I'm using Windows 7 with a widescreen monitor and the icons stretch all oddly and the background doesn't fit. Tried compatibility modes and resolution changes, nothing working.

Set it to run in windowed mode in the properties?

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Set it to run in windowed mode in the properties?

It is, window stretches wider than the interface does no matter what resolution setting I use.

Goose! on
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4x-y7kJmoc

Does this mean The Undertaker is the Deadliest Catch?

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    For a while there, I was just shaking my head when I heard about Scott Hall, but wow. Those pics and the stuff lately, like staying away from the HoF ceremony to avoid temptation... I really, really feel bad for the guy now. I really, truly hope he gets the help he needs, because I believe he sincerely wants to get away from this, but is simply nowhere near strong enough to do so by himself.

Good luck, Kevin. I really think you guys are going to need all you can get.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    God the last season of Deadliest Catch was so depressing. Aside from Captain Phil dieing, the kid at:14 lost his sister too. And I think the captain at :9-:10 had a heart attack or some shit.

Goose, at Royal Rumble 1998, HBK faced the Taker in a casket match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LxaBceywyo

See the backdrop? HBK clips the edge of the Casket with his lower back and fucks up his discs and spine. For the next two months until WM, he's basically shot up on morphine to deal with the pain. The injury is said to be career ending. So HBK loses at WM14 to Austin, setting off the Attitude era in full force. HBK is kicked out of DX for losing the belt, but that same night Triple H recruits the returning X-Pac into DX. Then, to close the show, this happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYjjOvDgBB8

The New Age Outlaws join DX. DX turns face and feuds with NOD for the next couple months.

Shawn meanwhile is given the role of on-air commissioner but he's done wrestling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skFxnUxHPJ8

It's sporadic appearances at best. He's in no shape to be on the road full time. One time he gets beat up by the Corporation and thrown threw a car window. He makes a couple rulings, like assigning guest referees and really not much else. But then this happens, in June of 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz6VKjt-REU

Foley had been retired 4 months ago by Triple H. So Shawn disappears off TV for a while, re-appearing in 2002. He joins the nWo, but that's short lived because of Nash's knee injury. He then shows up again, along side Triple H. After a 10 minute DX reunion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ULiW1iEsE

So Trips turns on Shawn and that leads to an "unsanctioned" return match at Summerslam 2002.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyTmVuOSgic

Excuse the crappy music but that's a really good highlight video of the match. I remember watching this match on the big TV in the living room and standing the entire time. I was pacing and standing infront of the couch. It was the most excited I'd ever been for a match. The feud doesn't end there and Shawn's return kicks into full gear at the Survivor Series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX10dcXyGrs

This is the last time Shawn would win a major title, not including the tag title. He would fight for a it few times, most notably at Wrestlemanias 20 and 23, but he'd never win it again. Shawn would lose the title a month later at Armageddon. And hen kick start a feud with Chris Jericho.

So that's the story of Shawn Michael's injury and return. I did that from memory alone.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Also, if Steve Austin asked me what my favorite match was?

Savio Vega vs. "Ringmaster" Steve Austin in the Caribbean Strap Match.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I love how in the DX intro of the "Trips turns on HBK" vid, they replaced the old shot of a girl in the crowd flashing with a totally unrelated shot of a woman jogging. Apparently one taken from an old episode of Magnum PI, based on the color scheme.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Damn it, I remember those things, but I thought there was a lot more time off after that WM due to the injury. What happened that he was away for a long time (I think it was 5 years).

Goose! on
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That back suplex onto the coffin is what happened.

Apparently, at least a couple Dr's told him he would never wrestle again. HBK believes God healed him so he could wrestle.

Assuran on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oh my god the Art of Wrestling podcast with Evan Bourne.

The idea of Zack Ryder making action figures for his old backyard wrestling friends. I can totally see him doing that.

This is probably the best episode since the Punk one.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

Nah, the Samoa Joe ep was better. I would seriously listen to an hour long podcast entitled "Samoa Joe tells crazy stories about Japan".

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Assuran wrote: »

Apparently, at least a couple Dr's told him he would never wrestle again. HBK believes God healed him so he could wrestle.

God won't stop things like the Indonesian Tsunami from killing hundreds of thousands of people but WILL heal Shawn Michaels' back so he can wrestle again.

Glad to see his ego survived the suplex!

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Kagera wrote: »

God won't stop things like the Indonesian Tsunami from killing hundreds of thousands of people but WILL heal Shawn Michaels' back so he can wrestle again.

Thunder is actually God humming "Sexy Boy".

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    David_T wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »

Thunder is actually God humming "Sexy Boy".

Oh, okay. Because I was watching either the History of Wrestlemania or the 50 greatest superstars on netflix and they mentioned some "sabbatical" but never mentioned why, you'd think if he was just gone due to injury they'd say that.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Shawn took two or three sabbaticals in his career. One was the infamous "Lost My Smile", another was a year or two back when he took the vacation and came back to help HHH against Legacy and the original one was way back in 95 when he got beat up outside a club. HE was recovering from a concussion and took some extra time off for it.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Actually, he had an earlier one. Back in 93 he failed a steroids test, was suspended and then quit the company. He was IC champ at the time and it might have been that "sabbatical" they mentioned, because in the meantime Razor Ramon won the IC title and when Shawn came back it lead into that famous WrestleMania X ladder match.

Oh man, WMX. Two of the greatest matches in WM history and then utter, utter shit all round.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I actually enjoyed Bret/Yoko. The two of them made it work pretty well.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    David_T wrote: »

Nah, the Samoa Joe ep was better. I would seriously listen to an hour long podcast entitled "Samoa Joe tells crazy stories about Japan".

Or it's sister podcast, "Necro Butcher tells crazy stories about being high".

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    In the segment-by-segment, the HHH promo to open did a 3.75 rating. Surprisingly, the Jerry Lawler vs. Jack Swagger match followed by the Jim Ross/Michael Cole confrontation grew 359,000 viewers in a time slot that hasn’t done well in recent months, and hit the 4.00 mark. Randy Orton & Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes & C.M. Punk lost 588,000 viewers, which is bad. The Steve Austin introduction of the Tough Enough contestants and confrontation with The Miz and Alex Riley gained 1,073,000 viewers and did a 4.33 quarter. And to no surprise, Alberto Del Rio vs. Evan Bourne following it dropped 986,000 viewers, which is the second biggest quarter drop in recent memory. John Morrison & Trish Stratus vs. Dolph Ziggler & Vickie Guerrero lost 102,000 viewers. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan for the U.S. title, which featured the debut of Sin Cara, lost 104,000 viewers. And the final segment of the show with the Cena-Rock confrontation and Mania 28 challenge, plus The Corre attack after, gained 1,504,000 viewers to a 4.55 overrun quarter. In males 12-17, the final quarter went from a 3.1 to 4.1, or a 32% increase in viewers among teenagers after 11 p.m. In males 18-49, the increase was from a 3.6 to 4.8, or 33%. The male skew went crazy during the last segment, even with Cena, as it was 79% in teenagers and 73% in 18-49.

Entertainment!

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Long story short, no one likes matches anymore.

DoomSong8 on
    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    And this is why I end up letting the indies give me my wrestling fix.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    WWE originally planned for Triple H to ride a Clydesdale horse to the ring for his match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVII. During a test run, the horse fell through the trap door on the WrestleMania stage, with Hunter riding it. The horse was spooked and went wild. Plans for the ring entrance were immediately scrapped. Someone from WWE then contacted Bill Behrens looking for local talent to play the role of spartans for the new entrance. Behrens said on his "Inside the Behrens Bubble" podcast he wasn't contacted by WWE until Saturday morning looking for talent.

They don't make horses like they use too.
    --Wade Keller claims on his PWTorch podcast that TNA is undergoing some serious changes, and there is even talk of doing rebranding and changing the name. Honky Tonk Man is claiming there are also going to be changes in upper management and promises to break some major news in his podcast tomorrow.

Keller is making it sound like the Jeff Hardy thing at the PPV was the final straw, in regards to a lot of things.

New Name:
    Russo's Swerve Hour!

Cade on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Why couldn't they just put a thing over the trap door?

Goose! on