As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Bock in Boston

y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theoristthe Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
edited March 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Pretty simple problem - I want to try Super Bock, a Portuguese beer, but I cannot find it anywhere in Boston. Has anyone from around here ever seen it sold anywhere? Preferably downtown? Or a bar with it on tap?

Google fails me. If anyone can find it, the first one's on me

C8Ft8GE.jpg
maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
y2jake215 on

• Options
    Jimmy KingJimmy King Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Do you have a Total Wine And More in your area? They are the best bet for getting less common imports and domestic micro/craft brews where I live. I believe they will also order in stuff if you request it and they can get it, but don't normally stock it.

Jimmy King on
  • Options
    KillgrimageKillgrimage Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There are a couple of places in Boston that I know from experience have a wider selection of beer than usual.

Bukowski Tavern

Sunset Grill and Tap

I know these guys aren't the best bars by far, but give them a call, ask them if they've got it or not. If not, there's a fair chance they'll be able to give you more info about where you can find it, like directing you to specific Portuguese bars/liquor stores where it would be sold. That's where I would start (PS, I want to try it too now!)

Killgrimage on
  • Options
    desdinovadesdinova Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If you're from the state, Bacon's in Hudson MA has a selection of Portuguese beer because of the huge Portuguese population there. I usually drink Sagres Bohemia but I know they stock Super Bock. If no one else has leads, shoot me a PM earky next week.

desdinova on
    wat
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I would assume that Framingham would be a good place to look for a Portuguese beer.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    thanks for the replies everyone - i checked for total wine and more's, i guess the closest is in new jersey. checked sunset grill and tap's online beer menu, no dice there. i live reaaally close to bukowski's though, i'll have to try there. and i've got a buddy that lives in framingham, now that you mention it i remember driving by a heavy portuguese/brazilian area - that's a definite place to try. and desdinova, if these all fall through i'll send you a PM, thanks!

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There's a great liquor store on Charles Street near the Charles MGH T stop that has a large by-the-bottle selection of imported beers, sorted by country.

If you're up for a drive, the Fall River area is something like the largest Portuguese settled area in America, so there's a good bet you'll find it there somewhere.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh here we go, this restaurant in Cambridge has it on the menu.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wouldn't be Charles St. Liquors would it? I was just there the other day, unfortunately before this quest

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think that's the one, yeah. In the back on the left side they have some unrefrigerated shelves that have all sorts of imported things.

If you have a car, Martinetti's in Brighton is where I usually go. It's a pretty big place with decent prices, and they have a good variety of beers.

wonderpug on