As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Alley[chat] Blues

1585960616264»

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    Pugs are the worst

I hate them

I love pugs, they are so cute and cuddly, fuck you haters, animals should be made to suffer for my amusement.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bogart wrote: »
    So what drug will you be taking on this stag weekend, RMS? Drunk people are awful tedious when you're sober.

Caffeine!

RMS Oceanic on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Damn red skull looks badass.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thom: Is that Red Skull from the Cap movie or the most bad ass action figure ever made?

Inquisitor on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Aldo wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Aldo, I know your pain, that was a lot like my last job.

Just get sick halfway through the day. Make retching noises in the men's room if you have to.
    Dude, there's 3 ridiculously beautiful women working in the same building, the last thing I want is to make myself repulsive just to make a call.

Given that you're planning to leave, does it really matter?

Yes, I draw a lot of enjoyment out of being the opposite of repulsive in every way I can think of. Like, it's a very integral part to the man I want to be.

Also: I might be planning to leave, but I have no idea how long it'd take. But I mostly just hate to be repulsive.

Aldo on
    edited March 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Captain-America-Red-Skull_510.jpg

A rare moment of hugo weaving between roles.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Captain-America-Red-Skull_510.jpg[IMG][/img]

fuck.

yes.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    is that from captain america

Nerdgasmic on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    pugs are absolutely horrible

some can barely breathe

they're sickly, pathetic animals and the people who love them are bad people

This message has been approved by the Friends of MikeMan.

MikeMan on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Yep, and Hugo Weaving is playing him. So I'm expecting some serious villainy.
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Thom: Is that Red Skull from the Cap movie or the most bad ass action figure ever made?

From the movie.

Thomamelas on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    So the Red Skull is going to be leading Hydra in the movie? Or so his belt buckle tells me.

Bogart on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    Pugs are the worst

I hate them

Because...?

Turns out, having a squashed up face isn't a sign of good health, and living.

Leitner on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pugs are super adorable. Passer is just a hater. :P

Edit: Apparently Elldren is ALSO a hater.

They can hardly breathe on their own, they cannot give birth on their own, they have a tendency to develop Epilepsy and other neurological problems, in addition to being ugly.... Yeah. The breed should be allowed to die out, if only to reduce some of the suffering in the world.

Passerbye on
    edited March 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    is that from captain america

Nope.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Fuck.

yes.

I love Hugo Weaving.

And he is perfect for that role.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited March 2011
    Red Skull is pretty bitching.

RMS Oceanic on
    edited March 2011
    Didn't know the breeding stuff about pugs.

Still, that doesn't make me hate pugs, it makes me hate the people that breed and buy pugs.

So, there.

Inquisitor on
    edited March 2011
    I agree with Passerbye & MikeMan regarding pugs.

One of my close friends is a pug-lover, though.

I don't hate the pugs, that would be like hating a retarded kid for being retarded. I don't hate my friend, I just wish he'd made a different decision when he adopted his furry friend.

Feral on

edited March 2011

I did not know this and now this has jumped up five spaces on my "Gotta see" list. :D

RMS Oceanic on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Didn't know the breeding stuff about pugs.

Still, that doesn't make me hate pugs, it makes me hate the people that breed and buy pugs.

So, there.

I don't hate them. I pity them.

I hate the breeders, though.

Passerbye on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So the Red Skull is going to be leading Hydra in the movie?

Yes. Which does deviate from the comics but at least he does have some associations with Hydra.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    I think we should breed a three legged dog that looks really adorable but has venemous fur.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    Pugs are the worst

I hate them

Because...?

The high probability of being full of idiots.

Had a pally the other day deciding that sword+shield prot was a great DPS choice.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Cap has a pretty great nemesis. The Red Skull is just evil. Not conflicted, like Magneto, or crazy, like Osborn. He's just the world's biggest Nazi bastard.

Bogart on
    edited March 2011
    Hugo Weaving can push so much smouldering anger through steel eyes and his voice and a sneer that he is a great choice for a villain that requires lots of makeup.

Also he's dreamy.

*swoon*

Feral on

edited March 2011
    Elldren I <3 you.

Passerbye on
    edited March 2011
    Cap has a pretty great nemesis. The Red Skull is just evil. Not conflicted, like Magneto, or crazy, like Osborn. He's just the world's biggest Nazi bastard.

Sometimes he is a communist. Well, I guess sometimes isn't the best way to put it, as there have been more than one Red Skulls.

Inquisitor on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Smith Elrond Schmidt is officially Hugo Weaving's new name.

Ludious on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    My Brother's Stag Weekend starts tomorrow.

Much meat shall be consumed, and we shall make many karts go.

:D
    You forgot the booze.

For my brother and my other brother, sure.

However I

don't

[tiny]drink[/tiny]

hi5

Captain Carrot on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »
    pugs are absolutely horrible

some can barely breathe

they're sickly, pathetic animals and the people who love them are bad people

This message has been approved by the Friends of MikeMan.

NO.

It's not their fault stupid people bred them that way. They need to be loved and cared for just like any other dog.

They just need to stop being bred.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited March 2011

Yeah skull is the one villain other villains hate. Like there is a comic that has magneto leaving him underground in the dark. Which makes sense of course.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Elldren I <3 you.

<3<3<3

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited March 2011
    Back of Passer!

I seen Elldren first! :evil:

Inquisitor on
    edited March 2011
    Back of Passer!

We can share.
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Elldren I <3 you.

<3<3<3

I would share my cookies but you are too far away. :(

Passerbye on
    edited March 2011
    Back of Passer!

Look inq I hate to rain on your parade...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    We also may be approaching a level of sophistication in psychology where it's no longer meaningful to talk about the placebo effect as something to be avoided, but rather something to be harnessed.

Let's face it, for most of the history of clinical psychology it is basically the driving force behind any beneficial effects.

Of course, I think further advances in neuroscience are really going to change how we treat psychology. For instance, developing treatments that exploit plasticity in a theoretically solid manner would be wonderful.

You know, Winky, neuroscience is a dated science. Sooner or later, we'll just upload our minds into computers and then neuroscience will be completely pointless and replaced with a branch of computer science.

Dude that is what I'm doing.

Also come back to me when you figure out how to make a computer that nearly approaches the complexity of the human brain.

Oh wait, don't worry about it, I'll tell you how to make one after I'm done figuring out how the one we've got works.

Well, if the current trend holds (which is a big if, but let's say it isn't for the sake of internet dick waving), in forty years, we'll have computers powerful enough to simulate the brain of every single person on the planet. I doubt you'll unlock all the secrets of the brain in forty years.

Sure I will.

I'll use your computers to do it :P.

You mean you'll use my computers to start it and then just stop half-way through. Heyooo!
    You had to have seen that coming.

Premier kakos on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    Need a new chat thread. Kagera is up and preacher on deck

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.