As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

COD: title needs more MW2

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I feel like 99% of the people that say that don't know there is a Audio Settings section in the game options.

But I've never pro'd it.

I can, however, tell where people are walking around easier when using ninja vanilla, than back before I messed with the options.

What sound setting do you use out of curiousity to soundwhore?

I tweak with an external mixer if I don't have a mic in, if I do have a mic in I'm forced to play with the bleh audio as it is.

iRevert on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Guys I had a brain wave while thinking about Ninja Pro. So many of us dislike Ninja Pro.* And those of us who think this way generally agree that Ninja Pro isn't so much the problem as that none of the other 1st perks are quite as good. One of the suggested fixes is to put SoH in the 1st perk slot. That's a cool idea, but here's a cooler one.

Make the 'bad'** 1st perks better. Yeah, I know, duh, but here's some cool ideas methinks. Basically little extras to the base or Pro abilities that are both helpful and characterful.

FJ: FJ looks like armour right? Well now it is. 20 extra hit points, say. You will survive one more bullet from some guns. Yeah you'd have to buff the snipers and shotties and a couple of other weapons, but just listen for a second.
    What else shits us in this game? The FAMAS. Because at close range it's a 3 shot kill like any other AR even though it fires faster. It's basically an SMG up close and an AR further out. Well, with 35 damage at close range against a 120 HP target that's four bulets, but for the 40 damage ARs that's 3. So those ARs would have something to recommend them over the FAMAS: taking down FJ like it's not there. Not a massive bonus, but maybe enough to make players think.
    Oh, the G11 now has a tangible weakness compared to the M16.

LW: Agility bonuses. Give it the MW2 Mara Pro ability, and also faster recovery from prone and dolphin diving. As much as dropshotting can be frustrating, at least 1337 dropshotters would be on the radar, ready to ambush. And who here doesn't want to go all John Woo?

Hardline Pro: Throw out the old Pro. HL Pro now gives your killstreaks one extra flare. Those of us who hate the weak KS's in this game? HL Pro for you.

Scav Pro: Really don't know here. Maybe add the old Overkill ability. Now people can get their shotty secondaries. And Scout Pro would be a useful perk because you're not just fast-switching to your pistol until you can pick up another primary.

All in all, methinks this would not only make all the 1st perks more viable, but also make class selection more interesting in general. Of course it'll never happen. :(

*Just to be clear, right now I'm talking about Ghost. Not trying to start a fight, just having a little thought experiment.

**Or at least, the less common ones.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wait whats wrong with ninja pro.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wren wrote: »
    wait whats wrong with ninja pro.

Long story short, when I say Ninja Pro it's code for
    Ghost.

Shhhhhhhh

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is probably the coolest (i.e. only cool thing) I've ever done with the ballistic knife. My only regret is that he wasn't a bit further away so I could have Superman-dove at him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES1M1Dvo0ZE

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    God the knife is such bullshit.

nice work hitting 5 feet behind the guy and not even facing him.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The ballistic knife fires deadly blades at the enemy!

I want a gun that fires deadly bullets at the enemy. maybe next game

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Scav Pro is damn good as it is, why does it need an upgrade?

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    There is absolutely nothing I'd rather see done in the next installment more than the complete removal of the standard knife. I'm fine with the ballistic knife (even though I such horribly with it) because you have to equip it as your secondary and switch to it.

Even if they decided to bring back OMA tubes but also remove the knife, I'd still be very happy.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    DrDreidelDrDreidel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    There is absolutely nothing I'd rather see done in the next installment more than the complete removal of the standard knife. I'm fine with the ballistic knife (even though I such horribly with it) because you have to equip it as your secondary and switch to it.

Even if they decided to bring back OMA tubes but also remove the knife, I'd still be very happy.

I've stumped for this before, but I think the melee attack should be hitting the enemy with the butt of your gun. It would take you, say, .35 seconds to recover and bring your gun back up, and stun the enemy for .75 seconds, while dealing 30-something damage. While stunned, you can move but cannot bring your gun up.

There, I fixed it.

DrDreidel on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

I'd be happy with melee being more like Halo. If you get them from the back it should be one hit to kill, but anything else should be two that way guns win the fights face to face.

I do think the perk to have two primaries would have been a good choice for Black Ops since the secondaries are less than stellar in this game.

Magell on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That's because the 1911 is too manly for you. Same for the Python.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There aren't many things in this game that are more satisfying then taking out someone who's running around with a famas or AK74u with my 1911.

GccPoseidon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    There aren't many things in this game that are more satisfying then taking out someone who's running around with a famas or AK74u with my 1911.

I'll see your raise, and re-raise you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGKOdeLqmJA

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    SPAS w/ Silencer is still full power spas.

0 change statistically.

hmm. I always rock it without, and that seems to work better for me. Probably because they all come running to shoot me, getting closer.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

I like how you aren't even aiming at that guy. Definitely shooting about 1 foot behind him.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    JebusUD wrote: »

I like how you aren't even aiming at that guy. Definitely shooting about 1 foot behind him.

Woooo lag!

I should probably give credit to Amish, since I really only put the last bullet into him. That's his fire coming down from the scaffolding behind me.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    JebusUD wrote: »

Woooo lag!

I should probably give credit to Amish, since I really only put the last bullet into him. That's his fire coming down from the scaffolding behind me.

As I hit post I was thinking that I should have mentioned that kill, which was awesome. I'm glad you posted it! :mrgreen:

GccPoseidon on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    God the knife is such bullshit.

nice work hitting 5 feet behind the guy and not even facing him.

seriously, why the fuck do they insist on using that goddamn system in the game, at best the kills are frustrating bullshit and at worst they are completely batshit illogical. At least before weapon lethality let you down a knifer before he could weave his way into the 7 foot knife kill-zone. It makes even less sense for that auto lunge to be on PC.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I was spoiled on rocking host most of the time the past couple of days and tried to snipe people and know what it's like for non-hosts. All I was getting were hit-markers with the L96. I wanted to punch babies it was so bad.

Magell on
  • Options
    Steel-LionSteel-Lion Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbEtJ7qGcc&feature=channel_video_title

Fun with the PSG1 and idiotic claymore placements! ;-)

Steel-Lion on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Things like that are why I use Hardened and Hacker with my PSG-1.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    We had a game of domination that turned into a sniper lobby after a pair of split screeners were trying for quick scopes and 360s. Pretty much all of us just started switching over to a sniper and playing along all except one guy on the other team who was super srs.

11 people on Kowloon all going to town with L96s...quite fun.
    I got killed by a 360 no scope, twas sick and I expect to see myself in a montage soon

Also gave out two Hind care packages and was rewarded with 2 out of 3 games for the rest of the night all ending early because the host rage quit.

And the best for last...

Played a game of Dom on summit, was losing so bad and it was such a struggle to do things. The other team had 3 chopper gunners and 3-4 attack helis during the match as well as napalm and the best we ever got was a couple of spy planes and one napalm.

So we make this big push and get a 3 cap for a minute and then hold B for a ton and even the score up, end up having them trying to cap B at the end of the game and we tie 200-200. Doesn't matter its a victory to us because we staged a huge comeback and played our asses off to get the tie.

End of match stats come up...

Pubbie #1 1-20 0 Caps 0 Defends
    Publie #2 4-38 0 Caps 0 Defends

Thats why it was so fucking hard...I mean seriously? You do nothing but get killed and do squat the entire game while a group of three and one random push the crap out of the points and barely get a tie? Just quit, your record isn't that good and you should have quit back when it was 60-140.

Fucking pubbies I may have had a .60 K/D spread that game but I played my ass of and racked up a shitton of defends and caps.

iRevert on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm almost positive the last update has made my lag worse. Before, on my connection a three bar meant fair fights were to be avoided but not downright terrified of. Seriously, if I see a guy I wasn't ready for that's death 4 times out of 5 now. And even when I'm ready he might win.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I only had a team of four tonight and we had tough times in normal modes because of the greenies and then went to team tactical and wrecked shit for the rest of the night. One game we had sniper montage guys going against us for Summit demo and this one guy missed three no-scopes on me before I turned and blasted him with my SPAS. It was awesome.

I also made my MPL gold for the rest of this prestige and regret nothing. It looks so goddamn awesome.

Magell on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    C4 is the best invention of man since the flamethrower.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Mechanical wrote: »
    C4 is the best invention of man since the flamethrower.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    AllUrBaseAllUrBase Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I noticed something peculiar the other night that might be helpful to anyone trying to complete the Fast Hand Kills challenge for Sleight of Hand Pro.

If you use the crossbow with SoH, anytime you stick someone with the bolt it will register as wounding the enemy and since you can reload the crossbow before the bolt explodes it registers as if you kill the enemy after reloading, although you never actually shoot him after reloading.

I was a little surprised to see the Fast Hand Kills challenge completing after a crossbow kill.

AllUrBase on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    AllUrBase wrote: »
    I noticed something peculiar the other night that might be helpful to anyone trying to complete the Fast Hand Kills challenge for Sleight of Hand Pro.

If you use the crossbow with SoH, anytime you stick someone with the bolt it will register as wounding the enemy and since you can reload the crossbow before the bolt explodes it registers as if you kill the enemy after reloading, although you never actually shoot him after reloading.

I was a little surprised to see the Fast Hand Kills challenge completing after a crossbow kill.

That's especially surprising since I don't think you get credit for that challenge using pistols. I had assumed it was the same for all secondaries, but I guess not.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I like killing people just from the bolt impact on hardcore. explosion is just overkill to maybe kill his buddies

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011

That's especially surprising since I don't think you get credit for that challenge using pistols. I had assumed it was the same for all secondaries, but I guess not.

You very surely do get credit for pistols.

Also, you should probably pro SoH long long long before you get to level WhateverCrossbowIsUnlockedAt (33?)

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Also, you should probably pro SoH long long long before you get to level WhateverCrossbowIsUnlockedAt (33?)

Not a single one of the following kills counted towards the Wound-Reload-Kill challenge for SoH Pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdz7JC5kuoQ

Shown from their perspective so you can see the hit markers.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    TheAngryDealerTheAngryDealer Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can usually get the wound reload done by around level 15 by using the noob tube and playing domination.

TheAngryDealer on
  • Options
    EternalEternal Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Here's what Peter King thinks he thinks about week 24 of Black Ops:
    1a. Every prestige 15 I've seen is still playing easy mode, running around spraying AK74us and Famases.
    1b. Said weapons of course with gold camo, as if that's something to be proud of.
    1c. I've seen more corner campers and tubers in the past couple of weeks on the PC then all the weeks previously, leading me to think I've been Left Behind as all the people with dignity have moved on.
    1d. Don't tell me valkyries aren't worth a 7 killstreak, they're more fun to use than chopper gunners.

Eternal on
  • Options
    AllUrBaseAllUrBase Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Not a single one of the following kills counted towards the Wound-Reload-Kill challenge for SoH Pro.

I don't know what that clip is supposed to show, I didn't see a single crossbow kill???

AllUrBase on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I don't know what that clip is supposed to show, I didn't see a single crossbow kill???

You may want to actually read the entire quote tree again.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think it is supposed to show him reloading a pistol w/ SoH and killing people, but for some reason filmed from the wrong perspective.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Eternal wrote: »
    1a. Every prestige 15 I've seen is still playing easy mode, running around spraying AK74us and Famases.
    1b. Said weapons of course with gold camo, as if that's something to be proud of.
    1c. I've seen more corner campers and tubers in the past couple of weeks on the PC then all the weeks previously, leading me to think I've been Left Behind as all the people with dignity have moved on.
    1d. Don't tell me valkyries aren't worth a 7 killstreak, they're more fun to use than chopper gunners.
    Peter King?

Like, the moron from Sports Illustrated or the moron US Rep. from NY or someone who's not a moron?

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Protip:

Find person using second chance
    Put them into second chance
    Reload
    Run off
    When they give up you get a fast hand kill credit
    Alternatively you can reload and then kill them but its more fun to either use them as bait or just leave them be and run off.
    Eternal wrote: »

1A: MP5 w/rapid fire & M16 ACOG till FAMAS then till 74u then till G11 [Insert you forgot 47/Commando/whatever here]

2B: Bling bling

1C: Thank nuketown 24/7 for that, that people who were terribad hid in corners during that time, and the rest of us turned on a "Fuck it" class with flak jacket/SoH/and tubes

1D; Death machine would have been fitting for 7, Grim reaper would have been fitting for like a 5 as would have valkyries. I'll take a CG over a Valk any day of the week if I ever ran a high KS other then a SR71

iRevert on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Even if a teammate kills them, it still counts as a reload kill for you as well!

Ganluan on