As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Comic Book Questions Thread International. Of America.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Guys, USM #133 is the end of Ultimatum

Rizzi, you need to now switch to reading Ultimate Comics Spider-Man

The first volume is called The World According to Peter Parker

looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Comics-Spider-Man-Vol-According/dp/0785140999

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Ok. I just started reading Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.
    Uh..
    HOW IS HE NOT DEAD?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Also, since you just reached the end of that volume , *hug* , since you probably needed one after that !

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Thanks. <3

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Ok. I just started reading Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.
    Uh..
    HOW IS HE NOT DEAD?

Uh, there's a couple of issues of Ultimatum Requiem: Spider-Man you should read first. I forgot about those.

EDIT: Ultimatum: Spider-Man Requiem #1 and #2, specifically is what you should be looking for.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    What issues of The Flash are Mark Waid's 90's run?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    According to Wikipedia, it looks like 62-129 and 142-159.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Marc Andreyko liked a link on my facebook (that I shared from him)

does that mean we're dating now?

I hope so

Manhunter was awesome.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    also this

uszxLLA.jpg

(we've all been there at some point in our lives)

• Options
    AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    Is Fraction off FF as well as F4? Because I'd be kinda bummed if he was off FF.

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    hes off both books, but his general plot line will be completed by other writers (up to issue 16 in both books)

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Oh bummer.

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    At least his plot outlines are going to be followed. I'm really curious who they'll get on the books after their sixteenth issues though.

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    At least his plot outlines are going to be followed. I'm really curious who they'll get on the books after their sixteenth issues though.

Bleeding Cool was saying it'll be relaunched in NOW 2 with a different writer.

When NOW started, Axel Alonso said Jason Aaron also pitched for it, but Aaron has a lot on his plate still. Fantastic Four isn't a book I'd normally read, but Hickman got me to do it by fixing all of the things I hated about it , and Fraction got me to keep reading by making FF so damn good, even when his F4 returned to a lot of the things I don't like about those characters.

I'd love to see Gillen or Hopeless take over the books. Or even if they somehow pulled a coup and put Matt Kindt on them. I could see Fialkov getting them as well, so that he'd have a real 616 book. There aren't a lot of teams I'd keep reading under, so I'm really curious to see who they'll choose.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Back up a truck full of money in front of Kurt Busiek's house!

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Mark Waid? Don't think he's doing anything besides Hulk for Marvel. Actually, what is he doing at all besides Hulk at this point?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    He's still doing Daredevil, too!

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Oh right. Duh.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Also Mark Waid had a lengthy run on the book already in recent memory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I think Waid is also doing a digital only book on his Thrillbent site isn't he?

• Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Also Mark Waid had a lengthy run on the book already in recent memory

Yes and that run was tremendous so...?

Can't really see Kurt Busiek getting a run on a major title for either of the big two again, sadly.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Also that run was with Wieringo, so I can understand if he doesn't want to do FF again.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Fair enough.

• Options
    And the last time mark Waid returned to a property that he had previously had a tremendous run on was The Flash and that was a complete disaster

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I'd rather see him do something new than retread a series he wrote not all that long ago.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Question:

What is the correct pronunciation of Ra's Al-Ghul?

Arkham City Batman says it (Raysh) which just sounds wrong to me.

Nolan Batman says (Rahz) which is how I always read it in my head.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I seem to recall the Arkham City pronunciation is the correct one.

Edit: I haven't found anything super-authoritative but:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TULYXGYz02c

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    From what I remember of the story, Dennis O'Neil (who created Ra's) intended for it to be pronounced like it is in Arkham City and BtAS. However, apparently proper Arabic pronounces it like the movie does (though I think I've heard both forms could technically be correct, but the AC one would be far less common).

I think I heard O'Neil had his daughter who was at some university look up the pronunciation for him, and that's what she gave him so that's what he went with. Last I heard (as of a forum post from a few years ago if my memory isn't failing me), it's still the pronunciation he goes with despite presumably having been made aware of the other pronunciation by now. So since he's the creator I go with his pronunciation. After all, even if it is incorrect for proper Arabic, it's a proper name and it's not the first time I've encountered someone who's name is pronounced differently from it's spelling.

• Options
    What is the comic at Maximus the Mad's feet in the scene where he's meditating in the newest FF?

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Amigu wrote: »
    What is the comic at Maximus the Mad's feet in the scene where he's meditating in the newest FF?

Pretty sure it's
    DD_8_Sav.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Wow good eye! I wonder whether there's any significance. Maybe Stilt Man is behind all of this...

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Comic dudes, I've been reading Y: The Last Man and want to grab the hardcover version of book 3. I want to get the deluxe one if possible but there are 2 hardcovers I've seen, 1 with a green Y and one with a brown one. Anyone know if one is normal and one is deluxe?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Bobby DerieBobby Derie Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Amazon says green.
    [/edit]Amazon lied on me.

Bobby Derie on
    The Unpublishable - Original fiction blog, updates Fridays
    Sex & the Cthulhu Mythos
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Yeah I'm in the UK and checked Amazon first, but the green cover is specifically the only one that doesn't say deluxe on it's listings and has this one as the deluxe.

I dunno it's probably just a reprint or something and I'm looking waaaaaaay too much into it.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Amazon often have the wrong cover pictures. But look at the covers. The brown one on Amazon UK actually says 'the deluxe edition' on the centre of the cover itself.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    I asked this earlier with no response, but is anyone else going to the New York Comic Con? My friends that were supposed to go with me bailed for work/school related reasons and I'm looking for some people to have good times with at the good ole Javits Center. Also hoping someone's been to the Javits Center before. And a con before. And New York before. ... ... Yup!

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I'm going, although I've never been to Javits Center and I haven't been to New York in years.

• Options
    Is Hack/Slash worth checking out? Just saw some scans and kinda dug the art but have no idea what it's about and whether it's any good.

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    The art varies wildly. It's really only note worth when Casselli draws it IMO.

It's not a very good book. Kind of tongue in cheek monster of the week hack/slash (hence the name) stuff. It has some interesting stuff in it but it's definitely more cheeseball than serious.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Is Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited worth the subscription? Especially if I can track down a promo code? I haven't read comic books in years, I want to catch up, and I don't care about actually owning anything.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697