As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Keep Winamp or get something else?

mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Been using winamp for a few years, just uninstalled and was going to reinstall to clear a bunch of missing/renamed tracks that the scan didn't clear. However since I haven't used anything else for years there could be some awesome jukebox/media player that I don't know about.

So any recommendations or should I just stick with winamp? Using Win 7 if it matters.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
mere_immortal on

• Options
    Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I really like foobar 2000. Its got a wide range of format support and is light weight.

Lux782 on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Try Zune. I honestly thought I'd never like it and that it was a joke and would be uninstalled.

It's now my main music player. I actually use it's library search and so on.. used winamp for over a decade, but up until a couple years go I was still firing up Explorer and double clicking files to play them / queue them because I found Winamp's media library interface unusable.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Lux782 wrote: »
    I really like foobar 2000. Its got a wide range of format support and is light weight.

This. It doesn't get in the way when I just want to play some damb music.

V1m on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Lux782 wrote: »

This. You can get fancy with playlists and appearances, or you can just point it to your music and push play. Best player ever.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, who uses applications for music actually stored on your drive anymore? I've been streaming my music from the various websites (pandora or grooveshark, depending on what I want, usually), and haven't bothered queuing up mp3's in a while.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.