As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Taxi[chat]y

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    It's especially funny to me that they'll pull shit like that, then claim that Christianity is under attack in the US.

Seriously. That's hate speech, that group is as vile as the KKK.

I wonder if they even bothered to see what the event was for. Though they'd probably have done this anyway if they knew.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well I didn't really name the video, and honestly know nothing of california. Just that such hatred and vitriol supported by elected officials happened in america, well makes me just love this country I tell you what.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's especially funny to me that they'll pull shit like that, then claim that Christianity is under attack in the US.

Persecution complexes just come with the religion. See: Israel.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    sometimes I'm really glad my posts are so often relegated to a place where they are rarely read.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    I don't understand how anybody can be interested in sex at Burning Man.

I guess if you have a really nice RV and a lot of soap.

I can't speak for the desert, but tent sex at Bonnaroo was fine.

Just fine.

TL DR on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, I was outside doing some rapier target dummy drills when I hear the sound of a shotgun being wracked behind me. My dad that it would be a cute way to introduce to me the fact that he bought a shotgun today.

He is pretty lucky that he was outside of blade range when he decided to do that because I whipped around pretty damn fast. Christ.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Watching stuff like this makes me so so proud to be an american.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NutFkykjmbM&feature=player_embedded#at=0

Fucking.... fuck

I don't even

fuck

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    nobody cooks their fucking bacon

I don't order food with bacon on it anymore because it's usually practically raw.

Meat is meant to be eaten as raw as possible without getting food poisoning. ALL MEAT.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Man, I was outside doing some rapier target dummy drills when I hear the sound of a shotgun being wracked behind me. My dad that it would be a cute way to introduce to me the fact that he bought a shotgun today.

He is pretty lucky that he was outside of blade range when he decided to do that because I whipped around pretty damn fast. Christ.

Reminds me of a teacher I knew in high school. His daughter was marrying a man who killed his first wife with a chainsaw supposedly by turning around too fast when she touched his shoulder.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    What the fuck does "You're messing with Americans now. We're not British. We're Americans." mean in the context of that protest?

Bogart on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wazilla wrote: »
    So a girl I had a crush on a couple years ago posted a comment on my new haircut picture and I swooned because I'm fucking pathetic.

Just wanted to share that <3

That's a great feeling

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Watching stuff like this makes me so so proud to be an american.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NutFkykjmbM&feature=player_embedded#at=0

Fucking.... fuck

I don't even

fuck

California...HERE WE COME!!!

Kagera on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Reminds me of a teacher I knew in high school. His daughter was marrying a man who killed his first wife with a chainsaw supposedly by turning around too fast when she touched his shoulder.

I basically won't get near my mom in the kitchen because she does this when she holds knives and I've had to dodge the fucking things a dozen times.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    nobody cooks their fucking bacon

I don't order food with bacon on it anymore because it's usually practically raw.

Meat is meant to be eaten as raw as possible without getting food poisoning. ALL MEAT.

Eugh. Undercooked bacon is chewy and unpleasant. There are lots of meat that benefit from being only slightly cooked, but bacon is not one of them for me.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Well I didn't really name the video, and honestly know nothing of california. Just that such hatred and vitriol supported by elected officials happened in america, well makes me just love this country I tell you what.

Yo

rabbi@ocjewish.com

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Bogart wrote: »
    What the fuck does "You're messing with Americans now. We're not British. We're Americans." mean in the context of that protest?

Brits are pussies that let Muslims integrate into their country and are now in the middle of getting turned into a SHARIA STATE!

Or something.

Kagera on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

the fundies are basically convinced that all of europe has completely folded to Islam

you have sharia law and everything now!

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Kagera wrote: »

Brits are pussies that let Muslims integrate into their country and are now in the middle of getting turned into a SHARIA STATE!

Or something.

Oh, I see.

Bogart on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

The Brits are sometimes seen by the anti-Islam crowd here in the States as being too 'soft' on Muslims. Meaning you don't try to pass laws banning hijab, you try to make reasonable accommodations for religious practices, and you're not all frothing at the mouth at the mere idea of a bearded brown person in a kufi potentially being your neighbor.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

The not so bright parts of america are under the impression england and europe in general is over run with muslims.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm really looking forward to teaching in the OC. -_-

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    British people are wussy. You can tell because of the accent.

The biggest surprise of that rally is that Dana Rohrbacher wasn't there. There must have been a KKK rally that conflicted.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It's going to be awesome when Palin's elected President.

Bogart on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Persecution complexes just come with the religion. See: Israel.

this is an excellent and well thought out analogy

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

Yo

rabbi@ocjewish.com

I wouldn't want a record of an email going to hate peddler jacob. Could get me fired.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    OC Republicans are pretty odious

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am pretty anti Sharia Law (as I understand it.)

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »

And its no danger of being law in this country at all, now the ten commandments and other christian religion laws on the other hand.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It's going to be awesome when Palin's elected President.

If that happens I'm fucking learning dutch

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anybody with an ounce of fucking sense who isn't a complete fuckwad is anti-Sharia Law.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

That first woman speaker.....wow. I wonder if there's any correlation between her batshit crazy and her son bailing out of the house at 18 to join the marines?

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

Yo

rabbi@ocjewish.com

I wouldn't want a record of an email going to hate peddler jacob. Could get me fired.

Or a target of Mossad.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, honestly depending how things progress as I get my teaching credentials and whatnot leaving the country to teach elsewhere is a very real possibility I will entertain.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wazilla wrote: »
    So a girl I had a crush on a couple years ago posted a comment on my new haircut picture and I swooned because I'm fucking pathetic.

Just wanted to share that <3

That's a great feeling

It is definitely pretty great.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Do you even... I... just... GAH.

Gonna go sweep the shop or something. Between the video and this I don't think I'm good for talking right now.

Be good to each other, [chat].

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    See you Passer. *hugs*

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm going to be honest

I have no idea what "sharia law" means aside from what republicans THINK it means

as in "SHARIA LAW WILL ALLOW THEM TO KILL YOU FOR FREE"

and I doubt that is true

Arch on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »

That first woman speaker.....wow. I wonder if there's any correlation between her batshit crazy and her son bailing out of the house at 18 to join the marines?

Probably was talked into it by her. "It's patriotic you need to go and kill brown people FOR AMERICA!"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Confusion between Sharia and customary law
    According to Jan Michiel Otto, Professor of Law and Governance in Developing Countries at Leiden University, "Anthropological research shows that people in local communities often do not distinguish clearly whether and to what extent their norms and practices are based on local tradition, tribal custom, or religion. Those who adhere to a confrontational view of sharia tend to ascribe many undesirable practices to sharia and religion overlooking custom and culture, even if high ranking religious authorities have stated the opposite." Professor Otto's analysis appears in a paper commissioned by the Netherlands Foreign Ministry.[52]

Kagera on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    also on a better note 400 dollars has been deposited into the "moving across america" fund

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.