Official Box Art by Olly Moss, who also made this totally rad versionTrailerSingle playerMultiplayerResistance series timeline
Resistance 3's story:
After ending Nathan Hale's life, Joseph Capelli realizes the futility of attempting to overwhelm the Chimeran forces with pure military might. He meets Susan, Nathan Hale's step-sister, marries and has a son, Jack. Thanks to a sample from Hale's corpse, Dr. Fydor Malikov develops a vaccine for the Chimeran infestation which by the time R3 starts is in the hands of almost all of the remaining human population. The Chimeran invasion has been a resounding success and only stragglers and pockets of human resistance remain. Malikov finds Capelli in Oklahoma and convinces him to come on one final mission to New York to save humanity. It begins.
Things of note:
- Campaign co-op is back with dual log-in support for trophies
- Campaign shifts focus from militaristic combat themes to more personal struggles for survival as humanity stands on its last legs
- Multiplayer PvE/cooperative mode doesn't look like it will be returning
- Multiplayer limited to 16 players with deathmatch/objective based modes and level up/perk/customization/killstreak reward systems a la CoD
- Full Move and 3D support
- You can hold all the weapons at once like R:FoM, 2 weapon limit scrapped. Weapons are also upgradeable in single player.
- Limited health returns for single and multi, healthpacks included
- While not maintaining the ultimate brown-ness of Resistance: Fall of Man, R3 will eschew the color of R2 in favor of a grungier, darker, brownerierer look to carry its theme.
Gamestop: Cheap necklace and start multiplayer at level 5
Wal-Mart: 5 custom titles for online play
Amazon: Air Fuel Grenade weapon usable in single player
Best Buy: Nathan Hale skin for multiplayer (as he looked at the end of R2)
Others: Black Ops (from Resistance 1/2, not the Modern Warfare game) skin for multiplayer
Resistance 3. Let's talk about it.