As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokemon Thread IIXV: Pokemon Beyond The Moon (Page 1 NSF56K)

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Antimatter wrote: »
    why the period dichotomy

it's a lady tentacruel

You've killed me.

I am dead.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    GARY

Whatever - 2011

Should have bathed more

I like how you don't know my birth year but you are confident that I am going to die within the next ten months

unintentional on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I hope people remember me as someone who bathes

unfortunately
    in the end
    it was everyone else who would smell you later

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    baths are possibly the greatest thing that mankind has ever invented

like a perpetual warm blanket wrapped around you

T4CT on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Munkus being a giant wanker about pokemon.

Huge surprise.

Also I've been trying to get a rufflet with a good nature for a while now.

I've really wanted him on my team but man Sigilyph just seems like such a better flyer. Braviary doesn't have the coolest move-pool.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I know your birth year and your birth date Gary!

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Isoldae wrote: »
    I know your birth year and your birth date Gary!

: - O

unintentional on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    T4CT wrote: »
    baths are possibly the greatest thing that mankind has ever invented

like a perpetual warm blanket wrapped around you

showers are better though

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I would discourage use of rufflet

he takes forever to evolve and is a liability until then

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    T4CT

Something - 2010

Should have bathed less

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    weren't we supposed to wait til page 80 to get all angry

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    T4CT

Something - 2010

Drowned in the bath

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    also man

swoobat

why can't you have wonder guard

ah well attract + fly is good enough for me for now

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like showers, but baths are pretty good too.

Anyway, regarding online drama, I will do whatever other people do, because I <3 my SE++ bros.

Though I'm still going to hope that Gray's online scheme is not nearly as messed up.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Number of possible combinations doesn't necessarily matter

As for whether or not it's "objectively worse"

are you going to dispute the claim that a 1v1 game would have next to no strategy and would almost entirely come down to which one pokemon both players decided to bring

if not, are you going to dispute the claim that the closer you get to 1v1, the closer you get to these extremely lame playing conditions

if not, then why are you disputing that halving our proximity to these poor conditions is a very obvious and very serious problem

I'll grant that going best of 3 mitigates the problem and while my gut says that it doesn't mitigate it enough, because it's still denying you synergy with half of your team on any given round, I won't say that it's definitively inadequate. But you seem to be suggesting that a straight-up 3v3 game wouldn't be a problem and that you're willing to compromise and agree to best of 3 rules even though you don't think they're necessary, and that just seems to speak to a lack of understanding of the problem. And that's not an attack on your character or anything like that, it's just, to just about every other person in this thread this is a very obvious problem.

I'm trying to phrase this as tactfully (heh) as possible because I really don't want to come off as a dick or an elitist in an argument about pokemon, but, you're fairly new to competitive pokeymans. The only other person I've seen who agrees with you that 3v3 isn't a big deal is Bugboy, who will be the first to admit that he doesn't really care about the competitive game, either. Everyone who's been playing it for a while and is really into it thinks that this is a pants-on-head retarded thing for GameFreak to have done, and I think you're unfairly characterizing that as us just being afraid of change.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    dammit speed racer we have moved on to bathing talk ugh

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    uggghh why is the battle subway so difficult

unintentional on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm too tall to take a bath in most of the tubs I've ever had access to,

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ash was on his way to his hometown for his 18th birthday which was in a couple of days, along with him were his long time friends Misty and Brock. Since there was still time, they decided to detour to a nearby city where a battle tournament was being held, almost a mini-Pokémon league. Of course Ash was convinced from hearing just that, but it was a plan for Misty and Brock to find him a suitable gift. While he was too late to enroll in the tournament, he was satisfied with watching all the other strong trainers and their Pokémon duke it out.

"Wow guys, I didn't think the view from here would be this cool!" Ash exclaimed. They were on a nearby bridge which could oversee the whole battle arena. The current fight was between an Alakazam and Dragonite.

"So…should we just tell him we're going to take a breather?" Brock whispered to Misty, seizing the chance to go do some shopping.

"Yeah, let me go tell him." Misty replied and headed over to where Ash was gawking. In the battle, Dragonite was charging a hyperbeam. The Alakazam defended itself with a psychic shield as the beam fired. The beam was scattered by the shield and parts of the beam shot everywhere away from Alakazam. Ash glanced over to his friends; he charged and dove at Misty.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I would discourage use of rufflet

he takes forever to evolve and is a liability until then

But.. bald eagle :(

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    thanks for getting a lucky paralyze, followed by a lucky crit, enemy porygon!

and thank you for avoiding my gengar's focus blast!

lsdkajalsdfk

unintentional on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    dammit speed racer we have moved on to bathing talk ugh

yeah but I was slow in posting that

it was longer but I was sounding more and more like a douche so I deleted most of it

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The thing about baths is that I take a shower in the morning and as such I don't have time to wait for the tub to fill up with water.

So fuck baths.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Three months later…

Ash's vision was a fog, there appeared to be something circling above him, almost like a helicopter, but he recognized it after a few blinks…a ceiling fan. He tried to move his head but it was much slower going than he was going for.

"Ash!" A familiar voice yelled out. He immediately recognized it as Misty. She appeared above him with tears in her eyes, a drop met his face. He heard another voice, unfamiliar.

"Young lady, I need to check his condition, please step back." His vision then went black.

He awoke again, this time intent on staying up. It had only been a few minutes. The doctor informed him of his condition, he had been in a coma for the past three months. The doctor then stepped out, leaving the rest of the explaining to Misty. After she calmed down, she began.

"Ash, it was just two days before your 18th Birthday, we were watching a Pokémon battle, do you remember that?"

"Yeah...Alakazam vs. Dragonite. Then…a hyper beam, that's all I remember." Ash said, most of his memory intact.

"Ash, that hyperbeam was deflected by Alakazam and was going to hit me. But you…you pushed me out of the way and…and…" She couldn't make herself say the rest. Brock who was also in the room, finished the rest.

"The beam hit the side of the bridge. You were right next to where it hit and you got shotgunned by concrete debris all over, including your head, most of your injuries are healed now but the head injury put you in a coma."

"Damn…that sucks." Ash replied casually. It was only a couple of hours before they let him out of the hospital; practically all of his health was 100% now. They got into a cab and headed to Pallet Town. At his home, after his mother gave him a hug hard enough to put him back into another coma, they had an early dinner. Ash practically bit the table in half, not having eaten real food in months. It didn't escape his notice that Misty still looked a bit out of place. After dinner, he spoke with Brock.

"Hey, what's with Misty? Doesn't seem like she's convinced I'm fine."

"I think she's got a lot on her mind…you were out for 3 months and she hardly ever left your side at the hospital." Brock explained.

"I'll talk to her." Ash replied. He met Misty in the living room in private while Brock helped with the mountain of dishes. Somehow Ash's mom knew exactly how much food to make.

"So Misty…can't believe I'm back huh?" Ash said trying to poke at humor.

"Oh Ash!" was all she managed and threw a hug at him, burying her face in his chest. Ash was a bit speechless, not having expected that reaction.

"I can't believe you did that! How stupid are you? You nearly got killed and I…"

"Misty it's alright, I'm fine."

"You weren't fine for 3 months while I had to think everyday about what I would do if you were to…"

She looked up at him with tears in her eyes and sobbed once. He put his hand on the back of her head and kissed her forehead. Almost feeling insulted, she kissed him back, on the lips. Ash turned red and froze.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    I would love to take a bath if I ever own a nice big tub that I don't have to keep my knees bent in or have a faucet in my back.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    the fanfic bomb

a cherished tactic

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    why is gigalith's movepool so thin

it looks like I'll be going with sandstorm/earthquake/stone edge/giga impact

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't kno…I have to go!" Was all she managed as she ran for the door. A minute later the others returned from their chore.

"Misty in the bathroom? " Brock asked.

"No…she had to leave." Ash said almost robotically. The next day, he went over to her place. He knocked on the door once. She half opened the door, looking out.

"Oh, Ash!" She yelped and quickly shut the door. Ash was dumbfounded. The door opened again.

"Sorry, I…c'mon in." She said in a defeated tone.

"Misty, don't worry about yesterday, we're friends after all, it's not like…"

"Ash, that's the thing, I don't think I can be friends with you now…"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"After the accident, after all that…how about we sit down?" She led them into the living room. It was well furnished. They sat next to each other on the loveseat.

"Ash, what I'm trying to say is…I'm in love with you." She finally said. Ash stared, not quite sure how to react, a number of emotions flooded him.

"Well, I don't think it's that surprising Ash, I think you know too that I've grown to have many feelings for you, mostly mutual. I think after that accident that I finally realized it after coming so much closer to losing you forever. It's not like we're kids anymore. I believe these feelings are genuine."

"Heh, I guess I'd have to be pretty stubborn to not know it by now either." Ash said, laughing a bit nervously. Out of nowhere Misty again met him with a kiss, surprising him again. Startled, but not as much as the first time, Ash relaxed into it. Her lips felt soft, full of real feeling. He moved his hand to the side of her face and held it there. After a moment longer they separated.

Misty blushed and started "Ash, does…that mean you also…?"

"Misty...I've loved you for a long time, I think now I'm just a bit surprised that…you showed me your feelings now."

"Does that mean you still…?"

"Of course I still love you Misty!"

Misty was overjoyed, blushing and tearing up, she hugged Ash again. This time he was prepared and met her hug.

"You know, I'm still starving, how about we go get dinner? We'll call it our first official date." Ash said over her head.

"Well I suppose that was inevitable" she said in a still happy tone under him.

"But you can't just show up and do that! Let me go get changed." She said and hurried off. They left soon thereafter and went to a local restaurant, fancier than one might expect. They ordered their food and started talking.

"So…how long have you loved me?" Ash inquired with a grin.

"Well, probably for years now that I think about it, this wasn't the first time you risked your life right in front of me you know."

"I suppose that's true. But still, you surprised me earlier."

"I guess the only way you'll break these stubborn walls down is by being…yourself." Misty said looking down and blushing. They ate their meal and left the place. They returned to her home.

"Well… I guess I'll…see you later Misty."

"Wait…can't you stay a while?" Misty asked. Ash looked back with a smile and nodded. They entered her place and he relaxed on the sofa.

"I'll be right back" Misty said, leaving the room. Ash reaffirmed what was happening, which didn't take much thinking as he thought it would. It just seemed right. A few minutes later the room dimmed a bit and Misty reappeared, she walked into the room in a vivacious red dress. She poured them a couple glasses of saké and turned lit the candles.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't even want this thunderus

why have I been idly trying to catch it for like an hour

Because you GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL

i literally found thunderus 4 minutes after doing the event that unlocks him
    he's mine now

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    you cut that out right now
    you will not ruin this perfectly good thread

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    again, I am in favor of leveling like a man

70 or 80 sounds like a good max level to me

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    you cut that out right now
    you will not ruin this perfectly good thread

lol

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    man

the fanfic bomb is totally my move

you didn't even choose an interactive story from writing.com!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    "So…what do you think?" Misty asked.

"I like it, a lot." Ash said with a slightly naughty smile. They clicked the glasses together and drank.

"You know Ash, I've wondered to myself how and when I would finally get to be with you. I knew it was going to be embarrassing."

"Haha, I knew it too, though I actually thought it would be me doing the admitting first."

"I'm just glad it happened." She said, leaning in. Ash met her lips again. He was quicker than before to reach around to her head. His other hand went to her lower back, deepening the kiss. She leaned her back to the cushions of the sofa, bringing him along with her. She separated the kiss.

Ash recoiled "Going too fast?"

"Hardly, we're making up for lost time, I just want to let you know that there's a zipper in the back. I don't want this dress torn up."

Ash delighted in her answer and proceeded to unzip her back with ease. The dress came off, and there was no bra to remove.

"Oh you planned this."

"You bet I did."

"How did you know I would go along with it?"

"I know you a lot better than you think Ash Ketchum."

She allowed him full access to her chest. She had grown into a nice full C cup. He licked her right mound

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    The reasons why 3v3 are bad should be incredibly self apparent and have been identified by other people in case you didn't readily recognize them. Maintaining a contrary position in spite of this is both stubborn and ignorant, neither of which are attractive qualities. The game is not balanced for it. If you play chess with half the pieces missing, the side with the queen has a marked advantage.

Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

'kay have fun with that

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    HE LICKED HER RIGHT MOUND.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    misty was paralyzed

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The reasons why 3v3 are bad should be incredibly self apparent and have been identified by other people in case you didn't readily recognize them. Maintaining a contrary position in spite of this is both stubborn and ignorant, neither of which are attractive qualities. The game is not balanced for it. If you play chess with half the pieces missing, the side with the queen has a marked advantage.

gettin' mad about videogames is also not an attractive quality

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

there are dudes who have moves they don't learn until later than that
    example off the top of my head is volcarona, which doesn't get one of its good moves until level 100.

unintentional on
This discussion has been closed.