Options

It's the Blitzkrieg Bop. - Fear Itself

• Options
    CJGCJG Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Gank wrote: »
    Also noted is that there are 9 Worlds and, including Mjolnir, 9 Hammers.
    Out of curiosity, what are the 9 Worlds?

CJG on
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    CJG wrote: »
    Gank wrote: »
    Also noted is that there are 9 Worlds and, including Mjolnir, 9 Hammers.
    Out of curiosity, what are the 9 Worlds?

This hopefully answers your question better than I, myself, could.

17577ca6b10ffb9390caa57b238f8bf709078d8c-NineWorldsofThor.jpg

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    and Mjolnir isn't included as far as I know, I am pretty sure there is a 9th hammer on the way

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CJGCJG Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Awesome! Thanks Wishpig!

CJG on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have no idea who the Worthy are going to be, so this issue was full of cool moments for me.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Fear Itself ends with Beta Ray Bill, Bill, and The Buffalo Bills (all in Superpro mode) saving the day.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Nope...its going to be Sentry, all the way.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Nope...its going to be Sentry, all the way.

Lol, I don't know if your kidding or not. People threw a hissy fit when Loki returned so quickly... even though his "death" was actually part of his plan, and he never really died (it was even explained DURING siege he wouldn't die). I would hate to see the reaction if Sentry returned so soon.

Solar would jizz all over the place though. :lol:

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    No. my ending is best.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What, no Bill Nye?

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    No. my ending is best.

You didn't even name a year for the Bills. Your ending is ill thought out!

Though the inclusion of all Bills ever would get you Terrell Owens, so that's a plus

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ringo wrote: »
    No. my ending is best.

You didn't even name a year for the Bills. Your ending is ill thought out!

Though the inclusion of all Bills ever would get you Terrell Owens, so that's a plus

It's the Bills.

Does the year really matter?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    What, no Bill Nye?

Bill Nye is not a comic book character!

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Look the last issue is called Thor's Day ain't no question about who is saving the day

Furu on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Furu, that don't mean anything except that it all takes place on Thursday (thanks for that info, Calendar Man! You are the best supervillain!)

And TLB, you cannot mean to besmirch the only team that has appeared in four consecutive Super Bowls! Any one of those teams could (almost) defeat this menace by itself! And then lose horribly!

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What, no Bill Nye?

Bill Nye is not a comic book character!
    To say that I cannot believe that is a great understatement.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So i am actually liking this event.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    They should bring the Sentry back to save the day

If only because that would be a big fuck you to everyone who wanted him dead

also because he is awesome

Solar on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Come to think of it, The Void could have been a really good embodiment of fear.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Solar wrote: »

I think he should come back, then get his ass killed by Thor all over again.

If only because that would be a big fuck you to all five people who want him to return.

also because he sucks.

Lol, just kidding (but not really 8-) ). I wouldn't mind seeing him return ONE day (two, maybe three years down the line). It would be a great chance for Marvel to rewrite him. I think he has potential to be a fantastic character if they toned down his utterly retarded power level. Having a character who can destroy half the universe with a fart is no fun imo and I guess the opinion of Sentry's legion of haters. The fate of Ares proves why Sentry needs a mega face lift. That was a sad day for Ares fans :(

Wishpig on

• Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Come to think of it, The Void could have been a really good embodiment of fear.

I know they wouldn't bring him back now, but it really isn't that big a stretch. I mean they did the whole Void killing all the first born or whatever the biblical thing was in Dark Avengers. Still don't quite remember what the hell that was about... But why not insert him into Asgardian lore too?

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dammit Wishpig we know you don't like him, there's no need to shit all over every mention of him.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Dammit Wishpig we know you don't like him, there's no need to shit all over every mention of him.

Shit all over him? I assume this is a response to the post where I just said he had a ton of potential and I wouldn't mind seeing him return. I would rethink that statement if I were you... because I don't think that qualifies as shitting all over him.

Wishpig on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    You know there is a hammer out there with Sentry's name on it. Hell, Sentry alone coming back would cause everyone to collectively mess their pants at once.

That said, I was pretty underwhelmed by Attuma getting a hammer. Just seemed like an excuse for another Namor mini that no one buys.

It would've been cool if Rhino had gotten a hammer. Or Colossus.

cshadow42 on
  • Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Attuma would be the most throw-away character they gave a hammer to. If they absolutely needed a Breaker of Oceans, why not Tigershark? Imagine his Worthy form. Or hell, Namor!

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Meh, Attuma has untapped potential. He hasn't really been used effectively since the "Kang War" prelude issues of Busiek/Davis AVENGERS run. I don't have a problem with them using this event to reestablish some villains that could be better (Titania/Absorbing Man/Grey Gargoyle/Attuma).

Also, I didn't mind issue #2 being a largely set-up issue for the miniseries - that's a proud crossover tradition dating back to CoIE/Secret Wars. Fuck, Infinity Gauntlet #2 and #3 were largely set-up issues for the blood bath in issue #4.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I thought Civil War #2 did a good job carrying over from #1 without being too setup heavy. In fact issue #1-3 were really good in terms of pacing. It was with the delays and #4 that the whole event fell off the rails.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    "A Namor mini no one will buy"?

The Deep looks fantastic! Its Namor, Strange, Silver Surfer, Loa and Savage She-Hulk written by Cullen Bunn and art by Lee Garbett! It is one of two FI minis I will be buying. (The other is Youth in Revolt).

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    "A Namor mini no one will buy"?

The Deep looks fantastic! Its Namor, Strange, Silver Surfer, Loa and Savage She-Hulk written by Cullen Bunn and art by Lee Garbett! It is one of two FI minis I will be buying. (The other is Youth in Revolt).

Fine, tell me about it afterwards. Dollars to donuts it'll suck.

cshadow42 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Really?

Cullen Bunn has written nothing but good things

and you think it will suck

because Namor is in it

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I see Namor as one of those Golden Age characters that writers have crushes on but for whom there is just no audience for in modern readership. Sure, he is cooler than Aquaman in my book, but its not like Aquaman has really been able to maintain a readership.

cshadow42 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Aquaman kept an ongoing for 59 issues and is getting a relaunch by Geoff Johns in a few months

you are a silly goose, sir

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    I see Namor as one of those Golden Age characters that writers have crushes on but for whom there is just no audience for in modern readership. Sure, he is cooler than Aquaman in my book, but its not like Aquaman has really been able to maintain a readership.

The Byrne relaunch of the NAMOR title in the 90s was really well done, though the book kind of shit the bed post-Byrne. He wrote/drew the first 25 issues, then wrote another 7 or so of them, with Jae Lee on art. Then they let Jae Lee write the book, and it wasn't so hot anymore.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Not to mention that Namor has found a home in the X-Men.

Dude can't support a solo series, but he is a great character in the right hands.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    IndiIndi Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Solar wrote: »

Totally. Bendis apparently said he wouldn't be gone for long.

And screw reducing his power level, that's just lazy revisionist writing. Jeff Parker made him even more overpowered in his mini and he's awesome. Sentry is a ticking time bomb for good or evil, don't take that away from him, explore it instead, they left enough plot threads hanging for it, like how his turf wouldn't be New York City anymore if he came back because CLOC is supposed to be setting up a different place while no one is looking. I'd love it if it was the reconstructed inverse Watchtower the Void left in the Antarctic. Or maybe even in the Negative Zone, where Sentry has been and conveniently he gets weaker.

Speaking of Ares, was he anything special before his Oeming return, subsequent Avengers mainstay status, Dark Reign minis and prominence given to his son through Secret Warriors and the like? I had the idea he was mostly a D-lister with few appearances who lived to get his ass kicked and look Greek-silly compared to Hercules.

About Fear Itself, I like Attuma's hammer design. I never thought I'd like anything about the Red She-Hulk gig but man does Immonen draw her sexy.

Indi on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    There is no way Sentry comes back in Fear Itself. The story is focusing on Thor and Captain America and the final issue is Thor's Day. Sentry swooping in wouldn't make any thematic sense and Fraction has never written the Sentry so I doubt he has any particular attraction to the character.

Do you know where Bendis said he'd be back soon? I've never heard anything like that.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thor is going to kill another hero Solar likes at the end of it all.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    IndiIndi Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I saw someone post in another board about Bendis saying it to someone in a class when she scolded him for killing him.

And Matt Fraction wrote the Sentry in the Utopia climax, where he had the Asteroid M leaders acknowledge they would never defeat him through direct force.

But you're right, I wouldn't want him to be dropped into Fear Itself. Little reason and sense for it.

Indi on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oh yeah I forgot about the Utopia X crossover, my bad.

While Bendis might have indeed said that, it is second-hand hearsay at best.

I think Sentry'll stay dead for a little while until they figure out how to use him correctly

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    There is no way Sentry comes back in Fear Itself. The story is focusing on Thor and Captain America and the final issue is Thor's Day. Sentry swooping in wouldn't make any thematic sense and Fraction has never written the Sentry so I doubt he has any particular attraction to the character.

I meant that they could've saved Sentry's transformation into the Void for Fear Itself, since the Void encapsulates the public's fears about the superhero population. Also, he looks like a fucking boogeyman.

But yeah, they wouldn't bring him back so soon after his death.

Robos A Go Go on