As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAT] ME FIVE!

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dear fucking god these meetings are boring. I mean I gave up on them but it turns out to be too noticeable to my supervisor so here I am. And the forumula hasn't changed: two senior academics hammer about semantics while someone who like 99% of scientists sucks at presenting stumbles through a badly laid out presentation.

Dear god I need a tablet so I can more easily not pay attention without being explicitly rude.

electricitylikesme on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    awwww yiss

rerig my midi system so that everything is clocked correctly

feeling pretty boss right now

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It makes me sad that No Country for Old Men was really more to honor the Cohen Bros than to signal the changing of opinions by the Academy.

stevemarks44 on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dear god I need a tablet so I can more easily not pay attention without being explicitly rude.

Finally, a killer app.

japan on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dear fucking god these meetings are boring. I mean I gave up on them but it turns out to be too noticeable to my supervisor so here I am. And the forumula hasn't changed: two senior academics hammer about semantics while someone who like 99% of scientists sucks at presenting stumbles through a badly laid out presentation.

If you lived in the House MD universe you could just make wise cracks out loud and then no one would want you around. But they couldn't fire you because you would be right.

Caveman Paws on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    Maybe other six year periods should start getting more interesting then.

Let me ask the Social Network to be more interesting.

Oh wait, IT CANT.

Got robbed. Shoulda took it. Boo hiss.

Having seen exactly one of those movies, I wouldn't even put TKS in the top 5.

Thanatos on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Social Network was a good movie, but I did not see the greatness others totally did.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    500x_legominifigusb.jpg

Lego keychain USB drive. If it was more than 2gb, I'd consider it.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Yeah...work meetings are the worst, I actively loath them. They are absolute productivity killers. Throw in a little of the "bike shed" mentality and you're looking at 2+ hours of sitting in a chair listening to two people argue over minor details while everyone else sits around staring longingly at the door or their watches.

Dark_Side on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I dislike thumb drives where the connector cover is held in place by friction fit rather than some kind of mechanical clip.

I always just end up losing the cover in a matter of days because it falls off.

japan on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    How's Japan holding up, Cokebottle? Are you and your friends and family alright?

Haphazard on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    japan wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    OK, I had Office 2003 before I reformatted. I wrote down the product key beforehand. Now I can't find my stupid disc nor a website that still has Office 2003 trial edition. Microsoft's website has moved on apparently and no longer offers older trial versions of their stuff.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/CD001022494.aspx

I don't want to use Open Office. Where can I find a trial edition of 2003 without using a torrent site?

Use [strike]Open Office[/strike] LibreOffice.

I'm going to give them some time to work out the bugs. I seriously don't think it'll be stable come 11.04

Tav on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »

Yeah...work meetings are the worst, I actively loath them. They are absolute productivity killers. Throw in a little of the "bike shed" mentality and you're looking at 2+ hours of sitting in a chair listening to two people argue over minor details while everyone else sits around staring longingly at the door or their watches.

Bike shed?

(BTW, I agree with all of this.)

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    If you're bored at a work meeting, perhaps you are not masturbating furiously enough?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    I can't wait for ME 3. Wasn't it supposed to be a trilogy? So we'll discover ewoks in this one?

Taking out Reapers with twine trip wires and swinging logs

fuck yeah

desc on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Alright I ate cheese and now I feel like a fatty so I have to go to the grocery store so that I can buy food for non-fatties.

Bye [chat]

stevemarks44 on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Feral wrote: »

Bike shed?

(BTW, I agree with all of this.)

It's called the bike shed effect. The basic idea is that if you're giving a presentation on something extremely complex like a nuclear facility, people will just trust you know what you're doing and give you the benefit of the doubt. But if you are say, presenting something simple, like a bike shed, everyone will feel the need to give their input and drag down your presentation into one giant argument over details.

Edit: posted a better link.

Dark_Side on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    Social Network was a good movie, but I did not see the greatness others totally did.

I hated how Rashida Jones was in there just to summarize Zuckerberg's characterization for the audience.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited March 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »
    How's Japan holding up, Cokebottle? Are you and your friends and family alright?

Yeah. In my area there hasn't been too much going on, other than all of the D and C cell batteries being sold out and people stocking up on some emergency supplies and water.

I'm just watching the news with my teachers while they're discussing what's going on in the reactors in Fukushima.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm not feeling very musical today, but I am feeling like getting some music busy work today. Reconfiguring the MIDI rig was a good start. I with I had more gear so I could do more mundane tasks!

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's called the bike shed effect. The basic idea is that if you're giving a presentation on something extremely complex like a nuclear facility, people will just trust you know what you're doing and give you the benefit of the doubt. But if you are say, presenting something simple, like a bike shed, everyone will feel the need to give their input and drag down your presentation into one giant argument over details.

Edit: posted a better link.

Oh that makes total sense.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited March 2011
    Hells son now that everything is clocking correctly, the sequencer to the bloom reverb sounds eff'ing gorgeous

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    Blueberry banana vanilla yogurt.

Tastebuds confused.

Echo on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have not seen The Social Network because social networks are the devil

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Feral, I am kind of upset at you right now for completely derailing the new Charlie Brooker thread

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jacob, Fluffy! We summon thee! And in the name of the great Stan Lee bind you!

Thomamelas on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    I have not seen The Social Network because social networks are the devil

Says the chick who makes a dozen posts daily on an internet message board.

emnmnme on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thom thank you for running M&M btw

desc on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    desc wrote: »
    Thom thank you for running M&M btw

It's been a pleasure playing with you guys.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    if youtube can be embedded, I wonder if soundcloud can too, or if that has to be specifically coded for

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    In science presentations, it is incredibly complex and everyone wants to put in their opinion on how your project should be handled. I call it the nuclear bikeshed.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
    edited March 2011
    Podly wrote: »
    if youtube can be embedded, I wonder if soundcloud can too, or if that has to be specifically coded for

Regular expression monstrosities.

Echo on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hey Abd and possibly Mazz

the whole diplomacy campaign idea could work really well in a Star Wars post-VI setting

Captain Carrot on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    guys i have a problem

i have always maintained that strawberry banana frozen yogurt is by far the best yogurt

but now i have discovered

that half baked froyo exists

everything ive known has been shattered

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    mmmmmm I love froyo

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    fffff I got the wrong mouse to replace my lost mouse

nooooo

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited March 2011
    guys i have a problem

i have always maintained that strawberry banana frozen yogurt is by far the best yogurt

but now i have discovered

that half baked froyo exists

everything ive known has been shattered

Half baked frozen yogurt? o_O

Like, you bake it in an oven, or you keep it in a room with my old roomates while they toke for a few hours?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited March 2011
    I am sleep.

Or at least I am read in bed.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.