As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for info on gaming store/group/company in Fitchburg

stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
I hope this is okay to post. I thought there might a "Looking for..." type thread, but I don't see one.

On Saturday afternoon I was in line to check out L.A. Noire. About 15 feet away I saw a group of three or so guys wearing black shirts, and on the back was the name of a company, [Something] Games (I think), Fitchburg, MA, and their website. Because I was so close to getting into the demo and the expo hall was closing soon, I didn't want to get out of line to see what they were about and hoped I would find them again. Plus they were walking away from the booth. Unfortunately I didn't see them again.

Is anyone one the forums part of that group/company/store/whatever it is, or know anything about it? I live in Leominster so I was really curious to see what they were about. By the time I got to a computer I totally forgot the name I saw (should have jotted it down on in my iPhone notes) and various Google searches haven't helped.

Thanks.

stardust462 on

• Options
    Andrew TatroAndrew Tatro Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The only one I know of in Fitchburg is "That's Entertainment" over on John Fitch. It's been a long time since I've been there and I don't recall being super-impressed with it, but again, been a long time so things may have changed.

Andrew Tatro on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The only one I know of in Fitchburg is "That's Entertainment" over on John Fitch. It's been a long time since I've been there and I don't recall being super-impressed with it, but again, been a long time so things may have changed.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't That's Entertainment. I've only been there recently so I don't know what it was like before, but I like their store. Wish I could get over there more.

stardust462 on
  • Options
    minimunchminimunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You're thinking of Haven Gaming - they're just opening down the street from That's Entertainment (I'm not sure if they've even opened yet?)

I love That's Entertainment (thatse.com), but they're more a comic book shop with some used games than a game store.

minimunch on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yes, that's it! I Googled that name a couple times but couldn't find anything. Found their Facebook page this time.

Thanks so much :)

stardust462 on
  • Options
    SlayerPathSlayerPath Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Shit! You're from Fitchburg as well? I thought I was the only one.

There used to be a gaming cafe a long time ago called iGameSpot. Man, that was where its at.

SlayerPath on
  • Options
    PorkchopPorkchop Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm from Fitchburg as well and I was unaware of Haven Gaming, although I haven't really ever been into card or tabletop games so I haven't been a part of the local game stores too much. A friend of mine played Magic down at a game store at Parkhill Plaza ridiculously close to where I live, but he didn't last too long due to a break-in, I hear.

Porkchop on
  • Options
    GausGaus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    They're opening up next month. They're going to be in the plaza on John Fitch that has the movie theater in it.

Gaus on
    Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun
  • Options
    SlayerPathSlayerPath Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wait are they going to be the ones replacing A.J. Wright?

SlayerPath on
  • Options
    Haven GamingHaven Gaming Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Hey everyone! We are shooting for opening day on 5/1 in fitchburg. The store will be located between the movie theater and friendly's on john fitch.... We are a group of locals who want to get a good solid store open with solid in store events. If anyone has any questions PM for website addy and answers on what type of things we have planned.

(side note pax was one of best times of our lives and we look forward to next year so we can meet more amazing people)

Haven Gaming on