As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

25 bands, 25 songs, one small, round room, redux

124»

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    rocky votolato was there also

he's the tops

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    that was really good damn

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    jesus, that wye oak cover of danzig is so good. i think they do it heavier than danzig did. reminds me of true widow a bit.

Reginald on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    yeah i think wye oak's is the best of the lot. they've set the bar pretty high.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    motheeerrrrrr

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Okay, gonna name drop here. I am friends with Wye Oak.

Jenn and Andy live in my neighborhood and m fiance has known them for awhile. They are really great and really nice.

That cover of strangers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jB3YK1T0_c

This is now "our" song. It will be played at our wedding.

Wye Oak has offered to play it live for us.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    so when's the wedding/when are we getting our invitations?

(dogg that is too cool)

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    That's awesome 42

Also this Human League cover is amazing

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2011
    so there's a cover of africa up

and I really don't like it

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Winding up at AV Club via a random twitter link tonight, I was reminded this was still going on.

Went ahead and caught up. I was excited to hear the Kanye cover but I'm just not into that style at all. Jawbreaker cover was good fun. The White Stripes cover was surprisingly White Stripes-like for what I've heard from Of Montreal. Tom Petty was kinda weird but nothing unbearable. I have some weird affection for everything that happened with that Fine Young Cannibals cover despite it's way slow tempo.

And lastly, today's Pixies cover is pretty good stuff, too.

Okay good now you can all rest easy, my opinion about this stuff has been voiced.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    JC of DI wrote: »
    Winding up at AV Club via a random twitter link tonight, I was reminded this was still going on.

Went ahead and caught up. I was excited to hear the Kanye cover but I'm just not into that style at all. Jawbreaker cover was good fun. The White Stripes cover was surprisingly White Stripes-like for what I've heard from Of Montreal. Tom Petty was kinda weird but nothing unbearable. I have some weird affection for everything that happened with that Fine Young Cannibals cover despite it's way slow tempo.

Okay good now you can all rest easy, my opinion about this stuff has been voiced.

Okay, I have fallen in love with every member of The Girls at Dawn, together at the same time. Please, no one tell my fiancee.

It was a good cover.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    the jawbreaker cover was hilarious. john darnielle can pretend to be a punk rocker as often as he likes

I am not really into surfer blood but this cover is good times

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    so, uh

bonus

this is great, this is more fun than I thought an indigo girls cover could be, and I was brought up on the indigo girls

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2011
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    AHHHHH

That was so good

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    that was one of the best things I've ever seen

YaYa on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, that really made my afternoon when I watched it earlier today.

And then I took a nap.

If I didn't have this homework it could have been the perfect day.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    what up, Sal

YaYa on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Not much, been having trouble managing my time because of the depressions lately. Think I'm coming out of it, though.

Supwitchoo?

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    startin' a new job so about to make the mad money, happy with my current girl, just quit a thing that was the most creatively stifling thing I may ever have to do, and my first short film turned out pretty great!

all in all things are coming up YaYa

sorry to hear about your blues though, hope you bounce back!

YaYa on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Hey, these dudes are friends of friends of mine. Cool cool

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011

of montreal's early stuff is actually way more straightforward, white stripes seemed like a pretty perfect choice to me

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    oh hey.

Trail of Dead did a thing.

I like Trail of Dead.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    edited July 2011

of montreal's early stuff is actually way more straightforward, white stripes seemed like a pretty perfect choice to me

Really? Huh. Any particular recommendations or just wikipedia their discography and keep checking out all their early stuff?

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Really? Huh. Any particular recommendations or just wikipedia their discography and keep checking out all their early stuff?

this is my favorite song of theirs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VzBzEinYUQ

cherry peel and the gay parade are my favorite early albums of theirs, but they were more like this than dance-y until probably aldhils arboretum

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    that crooked fingers cover is wonderful

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    okay most of these are delightful (not a big fan of the alice cooper cover, despite liking the original song a bunch) and the videos are making me want to move to chicago, which

hmm

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    agh oh god the sax on the in the summertime cover killed me and now I'm dead thanks nerds

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I live 30 minutes outside of Chicago and I've never been to Hot Doug's

I'm thinking of planning a trip up with friends exclusively to go there

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    oh hey, this got good.

Basia Bulat covers Ted Leo & The Pharmacists. I really really like this one in particular.

edit: holy shit, how did I miss Sloan doing one? It's not as good though. The instrumentation is spot-on, but I don't like Patrick's voice for it.

UnbrokenEva on