As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon Black and White and THREAD ALL OVER

• Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    florada34 wrote: »
    Pata wrote: »
    Anyone with Black wanna do some White Forest/Black City trainer trading? :D

Well if you live in the middle of nowhere in Arizona we might me able to do it.

(Entralink is local multiplayer only)

Oh damn, that sucks. Hopefully the little kids that live around here have it then.

Between this game and the 3DS I feel like I need to hang around little kids more often.

And here come the police.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    florada34florada34 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mr Pink wrote: »

Oh damn, that sucks. Hopefully the little kids that live around here have it then.

Between this game and the 3DS I feel like I need to hang around little kids more often.

Luckily my family is good friends with my neighbors and they have 3 sons between like 3 or 4 and 13. One of those 3 must have it.

florada34 on
    LoL summoner name: Kamikazi34
    PS4: Kamikazi34Agny
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SightTDW wrote: »
    Bought White, started things up. What the hell happened here? First gym is actually proving to be somewhat difficult?! No more rediculous delay between commands?! Plot?! What happened to my perfect play-while-respawning in TF2 game? I have to pay attention? Way to ruin a great franchise Nintendo.

I'm glad I'm not the only one playing this while I wait to respawn in TF2.

And Gym leaders who can actually give me a hard fight are just so weird. I really enjoy tailoring teams for each of the gyms.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dorkman let me know when you want to trade, I have the day off so I'll likely be around all day.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anyone have a Torchic by chance? I've happened across a Mudkip and Turtwig if you're interested in trading.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Anyone have a Torchic by chance? I've happened across a Mudkip and Turtwig if you're interested in trading.

What gen do you need it in? I can get you one in gen IV. But I am only 5 badges in on my copy of Black.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    White version here.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    mtjimmermtjimmer Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mechanical wrote: »
    I can meet you in the trading room in about five! I'll take anything.

mtjimmer on
    3DS: 4940-5610-9523; Pokemon Safari: [Poison] Gloom, Ariados, Whirlipede
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Thanks!

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Anyone got a Cacnea they would be willing to part with, preferably male, IVs and Nature don't matter. Don't have much to offer but white exclusives.

florada34 on
  • Options
    mtjimmermtjimmer Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anyone got a Cacnea they would be willing to part with, preferably male, IVs and Nature don't matter. Don't have much to offer but white exclusives.
    I'll be in the trading room in 5! (Anything is fine for the return.)

Edit: looks like I only have females - hope this okay!

mtjimmer on
    3DS: 4940-5610-9523; Pokemon Safari: [Poison] Gloom, Ariados, Whirlipede
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    mtjimmer wrote: »
    I'll be in the trading room in 5! (Anything is fine for the return.)

Edit: looks like I only have females - hope this okay!

Should be fine, I can just breed til I get a male.

EDIT - Do you want something specific?

florada34 on
  • Options
    JaveJave Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I put a Petilil on GTS and asked for a Ditto in return. I got a Modest one with Quick powder attached.

img-successkid.jpg

Jave on
    My Let's Play - Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Updated July 29, 2011!)
    (I appreciate all feedback, so take a few minutes to check it out)

Pokemon White: 5371-9705-4895
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8646-1262
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mr Pink wrote: »

Luckily my family is good friends with my neighbors and they have 3 sons between like 3 or 4 and 13. One of those 3 must have it.

I got White. My roommate was on the fence for awhile until he got White also. Best friend comes down from a state away. He choose ... White. Finally my little brother picks it. He picked Black.
    No, not really, he got White. GODDAMMIT MY FOREST SHALL NEVER GROW!

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    On Haxorus:

Why do people seem to prefer Dragon Dance over Swords Dance? Is the speed that critical when it comes to high level battles?

Lux on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Lux wrote: »
    On Haxorus:

Why do people seem to prefer Dragon Dance over Swords Dance? Is the speed that critical when it comes to high level battles?

speed is critical, yes

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    On Haxorus:

When it comes down to it haxorus will die to almost any semi decent Dragon or ice attack.

He needs to be able to kill before being killed.

Alternately a Baton passer can negate most of these issues.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm starting to breed ferroseeds that have spikes and leech seed if anyone wants. Not really worrying about high IVs in hp/def/spdef yet.

florada34 on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Haha, take that, Cilan! My Oshawott may be at a type disadvantage, but if you tend to exclusively buff up when I use a stat-reducing move, I can simply spam Tail Whip and then Tackle after the fifth one to secure my win.

Edit: And now a lady is inviting me to her bedroom! :winky:

RockinX on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I was on GTS, found a good trade, went out and bred up a poke to trade then went back and completely forgot what I was going to trade for. Damnit.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just found out that every Pokemon that can obtain Synchronize can also have another, non-Synchronize related ability (except Mew, Espeon and Umbreon, but you obviously can't catch those in the wild).

Bleh.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Last floor of the Dragonspiral Tower before the top. Just catch Elgyem in Dusk Balls until you run out. Half of them will have synchronise, and you'll have a range of natures. Alternately, breed lots of Abra.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    You mean Celestial Tower?

Yeah, I just started doing that, funnily enough.

EDIT: HA! After 4 straight Telepathy Elgyems I get a Modest Synchronize one, exactly what I was looking for.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oh yeah, Celestial. Whups.

The place where Litwicks live. Dragonspiral is Goletts and Mienfoo and Druddigons, sorrieh.

A good way to check if something has Synchronise is to give it a status effect - sleep or paralyse usually - and see if your lead 'mon gets it too. If so, catch it. If not, run.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Kay wrote: »
    Oh yeah, Celestial. Whups.

The place where Litwicks live. Dragonspiral is Goletts and Mienfoo and Druddigons, sorrieh.

A good way to check if something has Synchronise is to give it a status effect - sleep or paralyse usually - and see if your lead 'mon gets it too. If so, catch it. If not, run.

That's a good idea, although I use Quick Balls to make the actual catching easier.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    They're indoors. Just use Dusk Balls.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    You're right. In my defense, the item description threw me off into thinking it was only night time and caves that applied.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    On Haxorus:

For sweeping the Battle Subway, DD is much, much better. Against real-life opponents however, DD lacks the punch to threaten steel types like Skarmory. SD can therefore be used to break slow tanks as even resisted Outrages will punch a hole through Skarmory after one SD. Alternatively, this is one of the rare cases where you can use both. Since with team preview, you can see what Pokemon your opponent is fielding, which lets you adjust your strategy to sweep or to wallbreak. Outrage and Earthquake coupled with Mold Breaker will cover everything anyway.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    SD Outrage busts through Bronzong? Good to know.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    does Mold Breaker ignore type immunity, or just Abilities that would stop effects of the attack

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    does Mold Breaker ignore type immunity, or just Abilities that would stop effects of the attack

The latter, so it will ignore Levitate but not a Flying type's immunity to Ground.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It only ignores abilities, but EQ will kill Skarmory if it decides to Roost. Bronzong is fucked either way.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Only one more Pokemon to go before my Trick Room Team is complete. Now to see if all this work has been worth it.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bred up a pretty nice Scyther, Adamant Technician x/31/x/x/x/31.

I had been planning on the standard Choice Band Scizor, but Swords Dance + Eviolite could be fun for the Subway. Anyone tried it?

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mold Breaker is seriously one of the best abilities in the game.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Shen wrote: »

I had been planning on the standard Choice Band Scizor, but Swords Dance + Eviolite could be fun for the Subway. Anyone tried it?
    Try Swords Dance/Roost/Bullet Punch/Brick Break. It is beastly.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Chen wrote: »
    Shen wrote: »

Try Swords Dance/Roost/Bullet Punch/Brick Break. It is beastly.

Bah, seems like all the coolest moves need me to put time into SS. Something consider while I breed Outrage onto a Garchomp I guess :P

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I managed to fit 8 out of combat moves onto 2 pokes today. Between them, Psyduck and Tropius can learn all the HMs + Dig and Flash. Pretty handy.

Fiskebent on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fiskebent wrote: »
    I managed to fit 8 out of combat moves onto 2 pokes today. Between them, Psyduck and Tropius can learn all the HMs + Dig and Flash. Pretty handy.

This reminds me of how long it took for me to realize that Rock Smash didn't function outside of combat in B/W. That was a confusing time outside of Pinwheel Forest, I can assure you. Especially with all the talk about Challenge Rock (I didn't run any Fighting types during the story).

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ninja Edit - you guys are too quick. All my garbage is still up for grabs, I'll need to restock on happiny - people love them xD

I don't have anything super cool in return since I've barely dabbled in breeding, a few awful zoruas/oshawatts ... I do have an army of hatred filled magikarps oh and a supply of white forest stuff like happiny.... if you're into that kind of thing I'm not here to judge.

Send me a PM if ya can

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy