As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Upgrading to new Xbox 360, quick question.

billwillbillwill Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
From what I understand, I can transfer my game saves and profiles to the new Xbox simply by using a USB thumb drive, right?

Also, I've bought a few games via Xbox Live Games on Demand. Can I re-download those to the new console once I switch?

I hate you and you hate me.
billwill on

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    billwill wrote: »
    From what I understand, I can transfer my game saves and profiles to the new Xbox simply by using a USB thumb drive, right?

Also, I've bought a few games via Xbox Live Games on Demand. Can I re-download those to the new console once I switch?

Yes and yes.

Esh on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You can do a license transfer to your new xbox if that's what you'll be using permanently. Otherwise, you can download and play those games you bought *when signed onto your xbox live account* you bought them with.

Transferring the licenses to the new xbox opens it up for all accounts on that xbox. You can do it once per year, last I knew.

If you only ever use one XBL account, the license transfer is largely unnecessary. But if you buy all the games and then like your brother/partner/mom had her own gamertag... it'd be necessary. Hope that explained it.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    territoiresterritoires Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    They have licence transfer? Back when I had to first 'licence transfer', the customer service girl just granted me a load of MS Points to re-buy my games. It was great.

territoires on
    I write about games on a few websites.
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique