As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

japanese importer other than play asia

KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
for some reason i cant seem to recall the names of big importers other than play-asia.

can someone help me out here? who do you guys use or have had good experiences with?

Ketherial on

• TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    www.yesasia.com

The only coupon code I know for that site (which might be expired... prob. not) is OSU5 to get 5 dollars off of Ouendan (DS game).

TM2 Rampage on
  • Thoughtless MuseThoughtless Muse Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ebay

Play-Asia is generally not worth bothering with. Their shipping is either,

A.Incredibly pricy.
    B.Incredibly slow.

Play-Asia is really only worthwhile when you can't find what you're looking for elsewhere.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • MarlorMarlor Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

A.Incredibly pricy.
    B.Incredibly slow.

Play-Asia is really only worthwhile when you can't find what you're looking for elsewhere.

Their shipping to Australia is actually really fast, and fairly cheap. It's only a few dollars on most things, and it generally gets here in a week, which is a hell of a lot faster than most other places I import from.

Are they really that bad at shipping to other countries?

They do charge a premium for a lot of things, though. Their accessories are often fine, but games can generally be found cheaper elsewhere (i.e. eBay).

Marlor on
    Mario Kart Wii: 1332-8060-5236 (Aaron)
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    www.ncsxshop.com

Usually not the cheapest, but since they're located in New York shipping usually only takes a couple of days for me.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Marlor wrote:

A.Incredibly pricy.
    B.Incredibly slow.

Their shipping to Australia is actually really fast, and fairly cheap. It's only a few dollars on most things, and it generally gets here in a week, which is a hell of a lot faster than most other places I import from.

Are they really that bad at shipping to other countries?

They do charge a premium for a lot of things, though. Their accessories are often fine, but games can generally be found cheaper elsewhere (i.e. eBay).
    Yeah, Play-Asia ships really fast to Australia. It's great because the shipping only costs 4-5 bucks.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I ordered with free shipping from Play-Asia, was told to expect it in 5 to 10 days.

I'm in the fifth week now without my parcel. I'm going to complain the fuck out of them. And do note, I live in Singapore, that's not too far away from Hong Kong, we even share the same bloody timezone, and Singapore is so small its almost impossible for the post offices to not manage to find you.

Not to jack this thread or anything, but is CDUniverse good? I really want to try buying from them instead of Play-Asia.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • dmaurodmauro Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    www.ncsxshop.com

Usually not the cheapest, but since they're located in New York shipping usually only takes a couple of days for me.
    If you're in new york, you can request a cheaper shipping method such as 1st class USPS since it will take only a day no matter how you ship it usually.

dmauro on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    www.estarland.com sells imports. They are based in America if that means anything to you

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg