As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The truth about the "PC games are dead" debate

123457»

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nerds are too obsessed with things "dying" just because they aren't doing as well as their forebear, haven't picked up steam or there may be a slightly better alternative.

I still not-so-fondly remember people going ballistic and railing on me because I got a PS3 which was of course facing imminent death at the time.

oh wait

This really isn't limited to nerds, go flick on Fox News, huge swaths of the population think America is dying or is already dead, or that the earth is on the verge of ending, etc, etc.

override367 on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Demerdar wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Hell, there was a reason why Daggerfall was one of the most bug-ridden games ever published, and that was because it was a crazy huge game. Thankfully, Bethesda has been relatively good about games ever since then, unlike companies such as Obsidian where it's more of a question of "how bad" the bugs you know ahead of time based on their reputation will be.

Obsidian did get boned with Lucas Arts and KOTOR II though.

I'll give them KOTOR II, but what was their excuse for Neverwinter Nights 2, Alpha Protocol, and Fallout: New Vegas? They've become the new Troika.

They eventually patched the bugs, and many of the poor design decisions in NWN2. And at the risk of being a fanboy, Sega washed their hands with AP 6 months before it was even released, it was a miracle that they were even able to do the one patch. And New Vegas was building on quicksand with the FO3 engine, if Bethesda and their much higher budget and larger devteam couldn't deal with the bugs, Obsidian had no chance.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    They eventually patched the bugs, and many of the poor design decisions in NWN2.

Pretty much all of NWN2 is a poor design decision. What did they fix to make it better?

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    They eventually patched the bugs, and many of the poor design decisions in NWN2.

Pretty much all of NWN2 is a poor design decision. What did they fix to make it better?

Well, for one, the camera which people endlessly bitched about.

Though personally, between actually having a party system, and not having freaking radial menus, NWN2 was better game than 1 to begin with.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png