As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Take [chat] to your cinema

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    also, i love how so many animes and japanese movies have swords > guns. this clearly ignores the past 300 years of military history.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Essay done and handed in. Time to go home and Block Constructed all day long.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Recent work at Fukushima Daiichi has included making holes to allow hydrogen to disspate from fuel ponds at units 5 and 6, while unit 3's fuel pond is said to have stabilised. An announcement of stability at unit 3's pond came from chief cabinet secretary Yukiyo Edano. This follows the deployment of Hyper Rescue, a truck featuring a 22 metre arm that pumps some 3000 litres of water per minute, in combination with Super Pump Truck. Together the machines sprayed seawater through the holes left in the sides of the reactor building.

Only Japan would have a Hyper Rescue Super Pump Truck.

it transforms into a giant robot with a laser sword.

I find it oddly pleasing that "Hyper Rescue" and "Super Pump Truck" are separate vehicles that have to be combined to function in this way.

japan on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, my grandpa gave my dad and his siblings mercury to play with when they were younger, because it was used in some sort of medical equipment he had for his dental practice. Not a huge deal.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Also. JACOB MAGE

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    So Hereafter was actually an okay movie.

It was a bit too straight forward. Everybody was just too damn nice.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Holy shit my supervisor actually sent some feedback. Skimming the pages, his feedback is mostly weirdly nitpicky, but I suppose that's better than him having larger issues.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So Hereafter was actually an okay movie.

as cheesy as the previews made it look, it's still directed by Clint Eastwood

He really hasn't let me down yet as a director.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    D:

HOW DID THE CRICKET EVEN MOVE TO HOP IN THE WATER

That was some men in black shit.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    Sup, internet. Here's a snail on a snake.

4401_e98c_500.jpeg

picture of the year

Arch on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Right, a few hours before a release, and it turns out the guy I'm working cross-team with on a project didn't configure a database I need properly, despite me leaving notification of how I was naming the query, and the guy he's left in charge while he's on holiday thinks I should make the changes, despite this being far more clunky and time consuming than tweaking a database. :x

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Sup, internet. Here's a snail on a snake.

4401_e98c_500.jpeg

picture of the year

This is why no on like biologists.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    D:

Gordian Worm

Turns out they are relatively harmless to humans and can be an effective method of garden pest control

Arch on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Arch did that video get you to half mast or better?

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    nah that video is old news ludious- i'm not into worms anymore

that poor cricket

Arch on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The freakiest thing ever is still the ant parasite that takes over it's god damn brain and causes it to sacrifice itself to cows.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The freakiest thing ever is still the ant parasite that takes over it's god damn brain and causes it to sacrifice itself to cows.

okay yes

Arch on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    And then the other day, Joe Rogan taught me about this thing. This thing frightens me.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    meh

mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    And then the other day, Joe Rogan taught me about this thing. This thing frightens me.

but you aren't a pregnant female and don't you hate cats?

Arch on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Oh no! I just ate a heaping plate full of cat feces for lunch!

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Explain this to me. I've basically come to the conclusion that as I approach 30, that I have no hopes for competing at more modern FPS's in multiplayer, so I don't bother. (Seriously, I tried CoD MW and I basically just die before I can move 3 feet over and over again.)

But explain to me why this guy is "trolling" because he's using a knife? Seems to be that it's just a case of cry more newb. But these guys act like he's breaking some unspoken rule. Are knives really that much better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuYdvZXsJdU

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    Explain this to me. I've basically come to the conclusion that as I approach 30, that I have no hopes for competing at more modern FPS's in multiplayer, so I don't bother. (Seriously, I tried CoD:MW and I basically just die before I can move 3 feet over and over again.)

But explain to me why this guy is "trolling" because he's using a knife? Seems to be that it's just a case of cry more newb. But these guys act like he's breaking some unspoken rule. Are knives really that much better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuYdvZXsJdU

The point of Gun Game is that every time you shoot someone with a gun, you move up to a better gun. Until you have the last gun and you get a kill, you win the game. When you knife someone, you cause them to drop a rank but you do not gain a rank. So by knifing everyone, you're essentially ensuring the game never ends and no one can win.

Hence, it's griefing.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Well, there is the idea that it alters mood even in non-pregnant people.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    D:

Gordian Worm

Turns out they are relatively harmless to humans and can be an effective method of garden pest control

" They are also remarkably able to survive the predation of their host, being able to wriggle out of the predator that has eaten the host.[7]"

Woah.

desc on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The point of Gun Game is that every time you shoot someone with a gun, you move up to a better gun. Until you have the last gun and you get a kill, you win the game. When you knife someone, you cause them to drop a rank but you do not gain a rank. So by knifing everyone, you're essentially ensuring the game never ends and no one can win.

Hence, it's griefing.

Hahaha, that's awesome.

Feral on

• Options
    edited March 2011

I've owned many cats in my life and now have one living with me.

I also learned this weekend that the Brazillian Wandering Spider is the most venomous spider in the world. However, with most bites, it can't inject enough venom to kill a person with but it will leave men with painful priapisms that eventually cause them to have ED.

So that's nice.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hmmm. Yes he's playing the game wrong I suppose, but if he's so much better than everyone else that it actually keeps the game from being completed then really, it's still a matter of being vastly more skillful than your opponents right?

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hmmm. Yes he's playing the game wrong I suppose, but if he's so much better than everyone else that it actually keeps the game from being completed then really, it's still a matter of being vastly more skillful than your opponents right?

Well the error on Treyarch's part is that when GunGame was first invented as a Counter Strike mod, knifing someone caused them to drop a rank and for the knifer to go up two ranks. Granted, knifing in CS was a lot harder than it is in any of the COD games. So Treyarch removed this part of the knife kill in GG and essentially fucked it.

Edit: And to answer your question, no. Knifing people in those games can be easier than shooting them in a lot of situations.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I got a ton of sleep this weekend and I still want to sleep.

What's wrong with me, chat? Do I have mono?

Feral on

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011

what the fuck

what the fuck

what the fuck

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Feral wrote: »

Stop sleeping so much and you won't want to sleep so much. It's true.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So I totally just ate a Lunchables for lunch. I got the bigger packs cuz I thought they had more food but no, they just come with a drink and a piece of candy. I should have bought 10 smaller ones rather than 5 large ones.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Stop sleeping so much and you won't want to sleep so much. It's true.

Like seriously I feel like

I'm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Feral on

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011

were you running a large sleep deficit? also, weren't you diagnosed with sleep apnea? I think you've said you had surgery to correct the issue but if you didn't have a follow up sleep study it's quite possible that you still have a higher than ideal AHI.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    every time I read about toxoplasmosis I look at my cats, and the supposed behavior changes it causes in men, and I look at my cats, and I look back at the supposed behavior changes it causes in men...

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    every time I read about toxoplasmosis I look at my cats, and the supposed behavior changes it causes in men, and I look at my cats, and I look back at the supposed behavior changes it causes in men...

Toxoplasmosis is spread among humans through the handling of raw meat more than anything to do with cats and rats.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

what the fuck

what the fuck

what the fuck

Just remember this video the next time you suddEnly want to go for a swim.

desc on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    They should make a home test for toxoplasmosis. I need to know if I have it. Then I need to test various people.

Donkey Kong on
This discussion has been closed.