Options

Dragon Sage II: A Lizard did it. PS3 Patch?

• Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Stilts wrote: »
    Shepard was this god-like being who never had personal problems and whose job was to "solve" the psyche of the potential romantic interest.

Shepard solves everybody's psyche problems; N7 designates System Alliance therapists.

Nartwak on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hunter wrote: »
    Man, if you're a completionist, than Bioware really messed up on two armor upgrades for your companions.

One for Aveline flat out doesn't drop on the dude it's supposed to be on. That's just a straight up glitch, they know about it, and I'm sure will be in the next patch.

The other one is for Varric and it's a complete DURP move on whoever set up some quest chains, plot flags, and decided where items would pop.

Details:
    For Varric's last upgrade in act 3, you need to do a quest called Finding Nathaniel. Nathaniel was a guy in DA: Awakenings...as in Nathaniel Howe, son of Arl Rendon Howe/Tim Curry that fucks over the human noble in that story line. He can become a Grey Warden in Awakenings, he can possibly survive the Dark Spawn attack on your keep, and he's a pretty cool bow rogue dude.

So Varric's upgrade is tied to a quest involving the Champion coming across Nathaniel's sister Delilah. She lays out a story about her brother going into the Deep Roads on a mission for the Grey Wardens and you must find him blah blah blah. On this mission you find him, he tells you about the mission, how they got info from Varric's crazy Lyrium idol mindfucked brother, and that other Wardens in his group got split off and may be alive.

So you go find them, you could meet up with your sibling if they became a Grey Warden (in my case Bethany because I hit hit dudes in the face with my gigantic 2H sword of death), and there's a chest down there with a Varric armor upgrade HOORAY!

That is if you

A) Didn't kill the Architect in Awakenings. For some reason part of Nathaniel's quest is tied to there being a possible fight between normal Dark Spawn and those capable of speech Dark Spawn that follow the Architect or some shit. If you killed the Architect, the entire quest won't trigger. Instead you get a quest in Act 2 called Fool's Gold where you save some dwarven brothers who are trying to strike it rich following in your expedition's foot steps.

B) Did Nathaniel even live? If you took him with you at the end of Awakenings, it's all cool, he lives. If not, depending on what you did to upgrade your keep could influence how shit went. In my game he stayed behind to defend and the flavor text at the end to wrap up stuff says he lived and had led the final push that turned the battle from fucked to win, regaining his honor and being a hero. Good on him. He can also die horribly I guess. That would be bad, and hard for you to find him years later in the Deep Roads for a quest I guess. By the way, even though he lived in my imported game history, he was still flagged as dead because either I had killed the Architect or because I didn't take him with me. It doesn't matter I guess. He's flagged as dead or missing or who cares, no quest trigger for you.

C) By the way, if you get Fool's Gold and you complete it, you can never, ever do Finding Nathaniel for whatever reason. They're linked somehow in the plot log. If you're on PC, you can go into the console command list and debug the plot to just give you the quest Finding Nathaniel. You never talk to his sister, but the quest is in your list and you just go to the Deep Roads and get your adventure on.

Ouch.
    Yeah, I never got that quest either.
    Probably cause I did Fool's Gold.
    And I think Nathaniel may be flagged as dead for me, even though he was alive in my DAA epilogue.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I still get a kick out of Varric doing his rhyming triplet attack, especially with the upgrade. Just seeing some dude with 5 arrows sticking out of him when I'm pausing during fights to set up my next round of attacks.

They seriously need to do a Varric centric game. Varric and Sandal buddy cop movie.

The bit where
    You play Varric on his own, mowing down Bartrand's guards, is just so great.

Solar on
  • Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Every opportunity for me to hand over to varric for bullshitting purposes or shooting some fools was pretty much amazing.

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Varric can bullshit for you?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I've been playing this and just finished with act 1. It's pretty awesome so far. I like most of the characters in the game except for Anders, which seems to be a common opinion. Varric is a boss.

Act 1 Spoilers:
    Still took Anders with me to the Deep Roads, because I thought bringing a Gray Warden might make something interesting take place. Turns out I was right! Now Carver's a Gray Warden instead of a corpse.

Dux on
  • Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You can defer to your companions during many dialogs.

Nartwak on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Varric can bullshit for you?

Yeah.
    The one time he did for me was in Act 2 I think.
    Some quest to save a mage from Bounty Hunters on the Wounded Coast.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    At one point he convinced a nosy templar I was the Head Enchanter from Starkhaven or whatever.

It was super awesome.

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If you don't always have Varric in your party you are wrong.

Peen on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah. It's sad that Sebastian is a pale copy of Varric in terms of abilities, and not nearly as cool a character. Enjoy your stay in the Chantry buddy, because you never get to go on field trips.

captaink on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Peen wrote: »
    If you don't always have Varric in your party you are wrong.

Best moment in the game is playing Varric's "lie," in one of his companion quests.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    captaink wrote: »
    Yeah. It's sad that Sebastian is a pale copy of Varric in terms of abilities, and not nearly as cool a character. Enjoy your stay in the Chantry buddy, because you never get to go on field trips.

I like Sebastian, though...
    ...he does seem to cast off his vows pretty quickly whenever someone he cares about is killed. Makes him seem a little like that Deathwish-priest character from that show-within-a-show in King Of The Hill.

I do hope that Bioware patches his and Isabela's Friendship bug soon. I like having the pair around. Mind you, the humor about the sex-hound and former sex-hound debilitating Hawke via their presence has not escaped me.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Owenashi wrote: »

...he does seem to cast off his vows pretty quickly whenever someone he cares about is killed. Makes him seem a little like that Deathwish-priest character from that show-within-a-show in King Of The Hill.

I do hope that Bioware patches his and Isabela's Friendship bug soon. I like having the pair around. Mind you, the humor about the sex-hound and former sex-hound debilitating Hawke via their presence has not escaped me.

Monsignor Martinez?

"How did such a good cop become such a bad priest?"

Fun fact. There's a never aired live action Monsignor Martinez pilot.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Beat act 2 last night

the cinematic trailer is a lie

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Can anyone confirm or deny: Is an active internet connection required after you install on PC?

godmode on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Beat act 2 last night

the cinematic trailer is Varric's first draft

Owenashi on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    godmode wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm or deny: Is an active internet connection required after you install on PC?

I am logged in when I play but I don't think I have to be, except maybe for DLC purposes.

captaink on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think it only wants you logged in all the time because the Bioware site tracks your progress and logs it as you go on their site or something.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

There's a fan fix in the OP. Dunno how well it works, though.

edit:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2299

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm playing the game on the 360, so alas...

Owenashi on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Vaya con dios.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    No no no no

It's "Vaya...

*sunglasses*

...con dios."

Hobnail on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ok so the concept of the "Tranquil"

did it come from tennessee william's sister?

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Sebastian is cool at the end.
    All "I'm gonna get my army and fucking waste you and this city!"
    I actually liked that. Kid's got balls.
    Better than Varric who seemed disturbingly neutral.

Turambar on
  • Options
    PaPaPaPa Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Turambar wrote: »

Varric's reaction to my decision to go with the mages kind of disappointed me.

"Well, I'm not sure about this but I guess I'll go along with you"

I would have liked slightly more emphatic support from my main bro.

PaPa on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I liked Sebastian's and Fenris's dialog. It was refreshing to hear the broody elf being less antagonistic.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I wish I could make Sebastian a stabbing rogue, because I want to have him there...he seems like a cool guy. It's just Varric is 100x more cool and he's like my buddy-cop partner to my warrior. It's always the two of us and two others who want to chill with the two coolest guys in Kirkwall.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    PaPa wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »

Varric's reaction to my decision to go with the mages kind of disappointed me.

"Well, I'm not sure about this but I guess I'll go along with you"

I would have liked slightly more emphatic support from my main bro.
    Yeah.
    That was a big letdown from Varric.
    I mean, he spends the entire game sticking up for Anders.
    When Anders goes and pulls that shit behind his back he should feel betrayed.
    Even if he forgives Anders eventually, he should at least be shocked enough to throw a punch or yell at him or something.
    Just shrugging it off was kinda weak.

Turambar on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    RE: Anders.
    I think his might be my favorite romance option, in theory and possibly by accident least.

While what he did puts him firmly in the crazy stupid asshole camp, him doing the same thing when he's the romance option kinda kicks the asshole level up quite a few notches.

For all his talk about not wanting to get Hakwe involved in his struggle, he pretty much outright lies to Hawke, and exploits his/her feelings for him in order to essentially murder a bunch of people and start a holy war.

Who expected a Bioware romance to end that way?

Edit for Varric.
    I got more of a "I don't think this is a fight we can win, but I'm sticking with you to the end" vibe, really.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    PiptheFair wrote: »

plz advise

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I heard this game has duck hawks.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

plz advise

Are you asking if they are supposed to be people who were given lobotomies or are you saying that William's crazy sister invented lobotomies with hopes that it would cure her crazy?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »

plz advise

Are you asking if they are supposed to be people who were given lobotomies or are you saying that William's crazy sister invented lobotomies with hopes that it would cure her crazy?

Dream lobotomies so they can't access the realm of magic.

Also, can they still have wet dreams? If not, are they given some kind of sexual release by Templars to prevent medical problems?

Hunter on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    the true "tranquil solution"

Weaver on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

plz advise

Dream lobotomies so they can't access the realm of magic.

Also, can they still have wet dreams? If not, are they given some kind of sexual release by Templars to prevent medical problems?

It's sort of suggested at one point that some of the more despicable Templar's do unpleasant things to certain Tranquil
    Ser Alrik on one of Ander's quests

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

plz advise

well, when somebody asked him about his sister after she had a lobotomy he said "She is tranquil"

and well, basically the rite or tranquility is a lobotomy so....

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Went over to DANexus, and damn are there some good mods over there.

Wish I had a better PC :(.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

plz advise

well, when somebody asked him about his sister after she had a lobotomy he said "She is tranquil"

It could be why whoever came up with the idea of the tranquil decided to call them that.

Could also have been a common expression people used for those who had lobotomies.

I don't really know, though. I'm sure Gaider or Laidlaw know what is what.

I suggest you pester them until you have an answer. Not that I am saying you're pestering us.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

plz advise

It could be why whoever came up with the idea of the tranquil decided to call them that.

Could also have been a common expression people used for those who had lobotomies.

I don't really know, though. I'm sure Gaider or Laidlaw know what is what.

I suggest you pester them until you have an answer.

it could be that I wanted vsove

the guy who worked on the game and posts here

to answer

PiptheFair on