Options

Dragon Sage II: A Lizard did it. PS3 Patch?

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I would like to see the rise of the Speed Griffins

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    I really wanted to love Force Mage

but the only spell that seems of any use is the snail one, and even then it's only pretty good

is there something I'm missing about it?

crowd control like whoa

one good tank and three aoe party members (rogues or mages) will wreck just about anything

I also finally had to turn down my difficulty for a fight near the end.
    fuck that army of shades and that blood mage and that fucking pride demon jesus so many shaaaaades

Usually anything with legs can be affected by FM's abilities. Pull a group of enemies together with Pull Of The Abyss and then keep them stuck with Gravitric Ring. Then hit them with your best AoEs or just slap them away with Telekinetic Burst if you feel like mook-bowling. :) Plus any warrior that's Staggering enemies leaves them open to an upgraded Fist Of The Maker. And if you really don't want to spend all your points in FM, you only need two points total to get Unshakable.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    after 6 hours in I like it, but it is certainly not golden

no item/armor/weapon use for party members and insta spawning baddies that just pop into combat are horrendous concepts to me

love the characters though, that cannot be said for the first DA

Barcardi on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've sorta got a FF12 vibe from this game. Like if you merged FF12 with BG2, you would get this game.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Varric was my favorite character to equip because I didn't have to swap his gear around as much

party gear is overrated, imo

easier just to focus on the main character

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I really want to see more of the Grey Wardens. Their armor is so badass looking.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Carver made me all jealous with his uniform

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dubh wrote: »
    Varric was my favorite character to equip because I didn't have to swap his gear around as much

As much as I disliked dicking around with everyone's rings and amulets, I agree. That or just make less useless shit drop.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Anders has a really crappy outfit. It's like walking around with a hobo wizard wolf trapper.
    He is on my C Team.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I should read through the codexes for these games some time

I love most of the things in the main game, the small portraits you get of places like Antiva or th little nuggets of history scattered about

but a lot of it feels disconnected and I'm hoping more backstory and information would help tie things together

a nice map would be cool too

Have you read all of the Band Of Three entries?
    Kirkwall's one messed-up town, long before Hawke or Meredith came by..

Owenashi on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    found a great way to speed through to catch up to where I was when my game bugged out on me

give yourself infinite stamina, spec beserker

one-hit messy kills

Weaver on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Barcardi wrote: »
    after 6 hours in I like it, but it is certainly not golden

no item/armor/weapon use for party members and insta spawning baddies that just pop into combat are horrendous concepts to me

love the characters though, that cannot be said for the first DA

party members can equip weapons and accessories and use items, the only thing they can't do is wear individual armor pieces - but the companion armors are upgradeable

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I really want to see more of the Grey Wardens. Their armor is so badass looking.

If you have the Blood Dragon armor there's a mod that changes it into the Warden Armor.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Question about Sebastian's Act 3 quest:
    if you have Isabella with you do she and Leilana recognize eachother? Also I'm curious how different Origins saves might impact that scene

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Definitely. I mean, the accessory slots help, but it's not nearly important enough to think about more than every hour or so.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    if you have Isabella with you do she and Leilana recognize eachother? Also I'm curious how different Origins saves might impact that scene
    I'm pretty sure they do if the threesome was had in the first game. Not sure what's said if they didn't.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they do. Just like she'll recognize Alistair, and so on. Although I don't think the default I picked for my warrior ended with a threesome, so

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Stilts wrote: »

Definitely. I mean, the accessory slots help, but it's not nearly important enough to think about more than every hour or so.

Unless you like using Merrill, then any ring with the Blood magic effect is perfect for her.

edit - Or rather, I should say that it would be better to pay attention to what you are putting on her.

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Blood magic items make blood mages crazy good. Hello yes I want to turn one health into like four mana.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Blood magic items make blood mages crazy good. Hello yes I want to turn one health into like four mana.

I'm kind of wishing I had gone Force Mage/Blood Mage instead of Force Mage/Spirit Healer.

But I guess that's what those respec potions are for, huh?

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    See, I feel like blood magic would make tactics too complicated for me.
    Or that I would wind up babysitting them.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    First off I play on normal because I'm a big baby, but all I do for Merril is set her tactics to chain lightning dudes who are staggered and manually cast her aoes, don't even have tactics to mess with her blood magic because unless she gets a bunch of guys on her she just doesn't die.

If I could find more +blood magic items I would spec my mage blood as well for double bloodmage trouble.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Nah dude, just set it so that when your BM gets to about 25% mana, crank up all those aura's and then have a tactic that turns on Blood of the First. You can then have a few tactics near the end so that they shut off when combat is done. Just buffer it with a "wait" tactic as long as there is at least one enemy alive.

Super efficient.

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I actually just have merril run with all her auras on and blood magic full time. Again I'm on normal maybe on higher difficulties you gotta do things different. But if you go with blood magic full time you can just ignore the willpower stat and stack magic/stamina, at least on Merril since she doesn't need willpower to equip items.

Also Wounds of the Past is really pretty crazy. Hello 50% stun aoe that ignores all resistances and does quite a chunk of damage as well.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I found that If you have Merrill's Force of Nature aura with the health return upgrade, and each of her items have a Blood magic effect, you don't need much health. You could probably get around putting a lot of stats into constitution into Magic instead, by getting all of the defensive spells, like from the Arcane tree.

DudBolt on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    DudBolt wrote: »
    I found that If you have Merrill's Force of Nature aura with the health return upgrade, and each of her items have a Blood magic effect, you don't need much health. You could probably get around putting a lot of stats into constitution into Magic instead, by getting all of the defensive spells, like from the Arcane tree.

I try to keep a two thirds one third ratio between her magic and constitution because I don't wanna babysit her, and sometimes especially on boss fights there aren't enough enemies around for her to leech off. I grab the party wide arcane shields for her though, and rock armor, so she can take quite a beating regardless.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    SvidrigailovSvidrigailov Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I love most of the things in the main game, the small portraits you get of places like Antiva or th little nuggets of history scattered about

but a lot of it feels disconnected and I'm hoping more backstory and information would help tie things together

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100721040626/dragonage/images/8/80/ThedasMap.jpg

Lots of stuff on history and politics in the wiki.

Svidrigailov on
    Neither the whole of truth nor the whole of good is revealed to any single observer, although each observer gains a partial superiority of insight from the peculiar position in which he stands. It is enough to ask of each of us that he should be faithful to his own opportunities and make the most of his own blessings, without presuming to regulate the rest of the vast field.
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100721040626/dragonage/images/8/80/ThedasMap.jpg

Lots of stuff on history and politics in the wiki.

What's crazy about what we know in Dragon Age is that Thedas is only one continent in that world.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Yeah but you still have to up your willpower over con sometimes in order to use nice gear. Unfortunate.

I actually have too much mana right now as a blood mage, though I see that changing as I get more and more spells.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2011
    the rock wraith is fucking horseshit

Tube on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DudBolt wrote: »

Nah dude, just set it so that when your BM gets to about 25% mana, crank up all those aura's and then have a tactic that turns on Blood of the First. You can then have a few tactics near the end so that they shut off when combat is done. Just buffer it with a "wait" tactic as long as there is at least one enemy alive.

Super efficient.

Nah, IMO it's better to have her run Blood full-time.
    That way you can completely ignore Willpower and spend her entire manabar on sustained modes.

I went nearly 50/50 on Magic and Constitution with her.
    With that much health and Rock Armor and Arcane Shield she's more durable than Aveline.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    the rock wraith is fucking horseshit

Really? I considered him to be OK, compared to cripsy fried bullshit like Hybris and the High Dragon

Hybris being the ultimate chuwero

Fuck off with your Rage Demons

Fortunately if you bring Fenris and are a Templar yourself you can deal tons of damage to that sucka

Solar on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I didn't have issues with demons because I took Templar spec on my warrior. Having passive immunity to magic, silence, a cleanse that can also silence, and Holy Fuck You In Your Demon Face Fire AoE Of The Maker.

Seriously,

Cleave --> Scythe --> Holy Fire --> Whirlwind

Dead piles of demons

Hunter on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Two Handed warriors are best

People are like "ohh but my rogue can do so much damage..." sure, to one single dude, My Two-Handed Sword does it to all the dudes nearby and just carves people into piles of steaming flesh. Cleave plus Whirlwind is so sweet. Then Templar because the bonuses are rad and you don't need Reaver or Bezerker because you already have the killing bit sorted.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I swear you can hear enemy mages go "OH FUCK" when you scythe in and then silence them.

Now what asshole...you're in a bathrobe and can't cast a spell, while I'm a giant metal clad engine of destruction with a gigantic sword standing right next to you.

Hunter on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    roll beserker and only pick the asshole convo choices

dictator of kirkwall

Weaver on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is there a way I can respec talents in the game?

Javen on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If you bought it new, buy a Maker's Breath from the Black Emporium.

They're on the potions tab I think.

Useful, 'cause they work on your buddies, too.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If you have the Black Emporium DLC, there's a potion sold there that can respec a character. I don't remember the cost, but they're not horribly expensive and they're in infinite quantities.

Hunter on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Javen wrote: »
    Is there a way I can respec talents in the game?

Yeah, go to the Black Emporium and buy the potion called Maker's Sigh.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb