Options

Dragon Sage II: A Lizard did it. PS3 Patch?

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Why's it gotta be black, yo?

Weaver on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Awesome, thanks.

Javen on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    THIS GOLEM IS NAMED...THADDEUS!

AND HE'S MY FAVORITE!

edit: Thaddeus is a baller name for a golem. I'd hang out with him, and the urchin.

Hunter on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    White Emporium is out of stock.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    White Guilt Emporium

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hunter wrote: »
    THIS GOLEM IS NAMED...THADDEUS!

AND HE'S MY FAVORITE!

edit: Thaddeus is a baller name for a golem. I'd hang out with him, and the urchin.

according to the emporium dude,

get your own kidnapped street child

Weaver on
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Do people call you on your shit if you're a blood mage? I've sorta steered clear of it up until now, but I prefer it over the Spirit Healer tree.

Edit: The Black Emporium is pretty great. "DO NOT CODDLE THE URCHIN..... HE IS NOT FOR SALE."

Dux on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    White Guilt Emporium

Blue longbow of the Deacons

Weaver on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dux wrote: »
    Do people call you on your shit if you're a blood mage? I've sorta steered clear of it up until now, but I prefer it over the Spirit Healer tree.

No, it's kind of awkward. You can call people out for being blood mages quite often, but then you are one? Hypocrite.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hawke can't help being a master of deception.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I finally acquired Gravitic Ring and it's like turning the game on to easy mode.
    Every time a huge big bad comes at me I just rotate upgraded Gravitic Ring and Varric's Hail of Arrows back and forth and they never move.
    Ever
    Again.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like the fact that you can be hanging around templars firing off blood magic and shit, and nobody says "wait a second, I've never seen youin the circle before..."

Solar on
  • Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The way I saw it me and Merril were competent enough to handle the power

Anyone else is just gonna fuck it up and be a danger to themselves and others and so I feel justified in setting them on fire or turning their internal organs into stupid mage pâté

Also there should be more opportunities to give Varric a subtle cue to shoot people through the throat

Could have prevented so much crazy.

"Nonono this ends here Champio- hurk"
    "Dur hur blood magic the powerrrrrrrr- hurk"

and of course...
    Act 3 Spoilers
    "blah blah I'm Anders I am dumb dumb du- hurk"

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    sacred ashes trailer makes me wish they'd gone commander shepard route for dragon age

"Shepard."

"Sten."

Weaver on
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    captaink wrote: »
    Dux wrote: »

No, it's kind of awkward. You can call people out for being blood mages quite often, but then you are one? Hypocrite.

That's kind of weird. Same thing happened in DA:O. You could be all "Blood mages are bad and you should feel bad for being one," while being a blood mage yourself and nobody would call you on your shit. I would've thought that with there being a bigger focus on the whole Mages vs. Templars and the Chantry thing, there'd be more consequence for being a blood mage. Ah well, can't have everything, I guess.

Dux on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Aveline "Why is it every morning my guard report that lowtown is covered with dismembered bodies?"

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Weaver wrote: »
    sacred ashes trailer makes me wish they'd gone commander shepard route for dragon age

"Shepard."

"Sten."

Hawke could use a few pointers from Shepard.
    Hawke just seems to go straight for the stabbing when he's being a badass.
    Not enough punching and headbutting.

Turambar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Turambar wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »

"Shepard."

"Sten."

Hawke could use a few pointers from Shepard.
    Hawke just seems to go straight for the stabbing when he's being a badass.
    Not enough punching and headbutting.

If you have a sword or dagger, you might as well just stab the guy.

Although, there's something to be said about my warrior Hawke and a giant maul. Nothing says "shut the fuck up" quite like being smashed in the face with a giant hammer.

Hunter on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    They're great for getting that song out of their heads, too.

Oats on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is there a way to avoid the Maker's Sigh glitch? Not that I'd mind the extra points but I'm worried that my saves following the use would get corrupted.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Is there a way to avoid the Maker's Sigh glitch? Not that I'd mind the extra points but I'm worried that my saves following the use would get corrupted.

What's the glitch. I may have run into it. Does it let you keep some of the abilities you'd chosen previously or something?

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Supposedly if you use the Maker's Sigh and then do a save + reload, you get the glitch.

If you use it, and redistribute your points you should be OK.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    There's also this if DA-Wiki's correct.
    Additionally, Maker's Sigh triggers a glitch that reverts any positive, passive bonuses (provided by currently equipped gear or from skills) into a permanent negative modifier. For example, using Maker's Sigh after taking the Shadow specialization (for Rogues) and unlocking Pinpoint Strikes will give Hawke -25% critical damage permanently.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Bleh, stupid boots of the Champion that were supposed to drop, didn't.

Javen on
  • Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I had a little trouble with that.

Was the body just unlootable? How long did you wait around?

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So has anyone mentioned that Amazon has Dragon Age 2 available today for $39.99 for X-Box, PS3, or PC (physical or download)?

Its the deal of the day: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=xs_gb_A1VESBOSYDH0KC?ie=UTF8&docId=1000208101&pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0TKEQB2ZYFSQDEAPEKGA

Goose! on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    SwissLion wrote: »
    The way I saw it me and Merril were competent enough to handle the power

Anyone else is just gonna fuck it up and be a danger to themselves and others and so I feel justified in setting them on fire or turning their internal organs into stupid mage pâté

Also there should be more opportunities to give Varric a subtle cue to shoot people through the throat

Could have prevented so much crazy.

"Nonono this ends here Champio- hurk"
    "Dur hur blood magic the powerrrrrrrr- hurk"
    I loved it so much when he did that to the Necromancer's appentice.

Everyone just looks at him surprised. "What, you were going to do that too weren't you?"

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    SwissLion wrote: »
    I had a little trouble with that.

Was the body just unlootable? How long did you wait around?

Yeah, he was never lootable. I waited for quite a bit, and even went back to the Alienage later and nothing happened.

Also, "Three Wolf Boon" is pretty great

Javen on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I swear you can hear enemy mages go "OH FUCK" when you scythe in and then silence them.

Now what asshole...you're in a bathrobe and can't cast a spell, while I'm a giant metal clad engine of destruction with a gigantic sword standing right next to you.

This is a fantastic post hunter

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Owenashi wrote: »
    There's also this if DA-Wiki's correct.
    Additionally, Maker's Sigh triggers a glitch that reverts any positive, passive bonuses (provided by currently equipped gear or from skills) into a permanent negative modifier. For example, using Maker's Sigh after taking the Shadow specialization (for Rogues) and unlocking Pinpoint Strikes will give Hawke -25% critical damage permanently.

Well shit. Is this something that happens every time?

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The fix is in as Bioware's got the Exiled Prince achievements working. Just follow these instructions.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Beat the game, have roughly a million questions.

Ending spoilers:
    The exchange between leliana and the seeker at the end of the game, it feels like it mirrored some sort of Kotor 2 thing where both the Hero of Ferelden and the Champion of Kirkwall left to fight some greater evil?

Javen on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I swear you can hear enemy mages go "OH FUCK" when you scythe in and then silence them.

Now what asshole...you're in a bathrobe and can't cast a spell, while I'm a giant metal clad engine of destruction with a gigantic sword standing right next to you.

This is a fantastic post hunter

The only thing they need is a backstory to go along with my warrior knowing Templar abilities while being a defender of mages who understands that those who are evil or demon puppets are not representatives of all mages.

Like my mage father had a buddy who was an ex templar and mage sympathizer that trained me in their ways just in case something happened with my father or sister and they got possessed. Also, because Holy Fire is just cool.

Hunter on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Javen wrote: »
    Beat the game, have roughly a million questions.

Ending spoilers:
    The exchange between leliana and the seeker at the end of the game, it feels like it mirrored some sort of Kotor 2 thing where both the Hero of Ferelden and the Champion of Kirkwall left to fight some greater evil?
    That's exactly how I chose to interpret it too

I thought the ending was a bit abrupt, buit the idea of the Warden and Hawke coming together to kick arse... no, that part I am psyched for!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is he a Templar Berserker

Also fuck I hate locked chests SO MUCH

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Take Varric everywhere and make sure you keep his Cunning high. I never came across a chest I could not unlock.

Anyhoo, just finished my second run
    Siding with the Templars is a far more satisfying ending, and it feels a lot more natural, what with so many mages summoning demons and so on. Also Cullen as a hard but dedicated and honourable man works a lot better than Cullen the Zealot from the first game.

Also the Band of Three messages are so cool. Love the way they turn out, and I wonder if you can line up the name letters used in the messages with characters in the game.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think I missed a few high level monsters. I beat the High Dragon, but I read about some others and honestly have no idea how to activate them or the quests

Javen on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Yes

I want to play through again and use console codes to get full trees in 2 hand weapons, templar, berserker, vanguard, battlemaster and warmonger. Just literally obliterate everything in my path.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Solar wrote: »

Take Varric everywhere and make sure you keep his Cunning high. I never came across a chest I could not unlock.

Anyhoo, just finished my second run
    Siding with the Templars is a far more satisfying ending, and it feels a lot more natural, what with so many mages summoning demons and so on. Also Cullen as a hard but dedicated and honourable man works a lot better than Cullen the Zealot from the first game.

Also the Band of Three messages are so cool. Love the way they turn out, and I wonder if you can line up the name letters used in the messages with characters in the game.

I knew I should have played through Origins again, because I feel like there are a bunch of minor characters I didn't remember from my run a year and a half ago.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Yes

I want to play through again and use console codes to get full trees in 2 hand weapons, templar, berserker, vanguard, battlemaster and warmonger. Just literally obliterate everything in my path.

All the passives/aura abilities, you'd hardly even need to use any weapon skills

Javen on