Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E IC] Residuum Revolution Strange- Outlaws!

168101112

Posts

  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Ilesombra smiled and replied, "Thank you, Ladej." The paladin hefted her bag and motioned for the others to move out.

    steam_sig.png
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    Tordain followed, keeping an eye out for any stray camels during their travels. He had heard tales of evil things begging good men for their freedom, and he felt ready to either free an unjustly trapped spirit, or slay a wicked haunting.

    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    Those of you in the know realize that there is a main road by the river to travel by. There are also riverboats that you can take. Finally, you can go cross-country through dairy farms and cattle ranches.

  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I vote main road.

    dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • AegofAegof Registered User regular
    I bet there aren't any angry guards or soldiers looking for a group of dangerous escaped criminals on the main road.

    I'm providing ambience.
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Aegof wrote:
    I bet there aren't any angry guards or soldiers looking for a group of dangerous escaped criminals on the main road.

    Where's your sense of adventure? :)

    dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    This sounds very much like a trap. Wait... I'm not talking am I? Well I am in a manner of speaking 'talking' to you, Thinking Stone... I didn't mean for it to sound that way. It's very efficient but only you can hear me. Excuse me a moment.

    The King cleared his throat.

    "This sounds very much like a trap. That said... it might also be a splendid idea. I've always been fond of going West, anyway. It makes the day feel longer."

    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    "Of course it could be a trap. The nk'barra not liking something is no reason to trust it." Tordain wondered exactly what Erathis had in mind when he paired him with this mad man. "But if it is a being wrongfully imprisoned, we can free it. If it is a threat, we can end it."

    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    The construct turns this way and then that, apparently uncertain and confused. It oscillates between a citrine yellow and the emerald green it showed before as it looks around at the group. Eventually it seems to come to a decision, moving over to stand near the King as the others prepare to leave.

  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    I know, Thinking Stone (thought the King) It's most certainly a trap, but look at them. They're so very convinced it's the right thing to do, and perhaps it is. At least you and I can be aware of the danger and prevent them from suffering some terrible fate. But... since I hate to disappoint them, we should probably pretend to be surprised when someone springs it upon us. Shall we attempt to be enthusiastic and join them?

    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • AegofAegof Registered User regular
    "If it's a trap, we spring it," Ladej says. "If she tries to kill us, we fight." If it's a way home, I leave. "We survive or we don't. Simple." He followed Ilesombra, calmer than he rightly should have been.

    I'm providing ambience.
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    Everyone makes their way outside. Your options are clearly in front of you- back through the field to the river and the road, or due west cross-country...

  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    Looking around at the group, Tordain realized they would never pass as a simple band of travelers on the road. "I think we should stay away from any major roads or settlements on our way, it would only draw attention."

    The dwarf bows his head a moment. Though I leave the hearth of civilization behind me for a time, I will carry its light forward with me, Erathis.

    "Are we ready?"

    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
  • AegofAegof Registered User regular
    We've got two for the road and one for the not road. I think road wins.

    I'm providing ambience.
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    Okay, if there is no more discussion...

    Ilesombra and Ladej lead the party back through the corn field and then cut over to the main road. However, as they get closer to Dade, it looks like there are some patrols criss-crossing the road closest to the city. Perhaps they are looking for some escaped convicts?

    Navigating the road will be challenging. Let me know how you're going to do it and add a roll you find appropriate.

  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Ilesombra tries to look intimidating to any passing guards, but all she manages to do is trip over her feet since she's not looking where she's going.

    Intimidate: 1d20+9 10

    steam_sig.png
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    Tordain wasn't about to tell the group he had told them this might be a problem. He walked as calmly as he could over the main road, and when he saw the patrols he attempted to see if he could tell what they were looking for.

    Were they a normal patrol out on duty, or were they looking for something - or someone - more particular?
    Insight: 1d20+4 17

    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    Your knowledge of police activity leads you to believe that these guys aren't just on a routine patrol. Something has spooked the natives.

  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    "You know, it's quite possible that we upset people when we fought our way out of town."

    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    "Possible? Damn likely, is what it is. We should go back, take the country route."

    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • AegofAegof Registered User regular
    "We will face them eventually, godsworn."

    I'm providing ambience.
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    It hasn't been more than some hours since you left town by breaking out of jail. Perhaps if you were a little less conspicuous and threatening and a little more...conventional-looking, you could navigate the road safely. You would have to cross the road to get to the boat landing as well. Otherwise, there's still cross-country...

  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    "Maybe, maybe not. We can at least make sure that if we must face them, we do it where there aren't any innocents to endanger." He looks around at the group, wondering just how they could disguise themselves.

    "Perhaps if we posed as refugees, we would need less conspicuous clothing, and our thinking rock may need to play a leper." He shrugs, "Or we could go back into the country, much less people, much less attention from the guards."

    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    Are you all bored with this game, or do you want to keep it up? I won't be offended if you're done. If you want to drop it privately, send me a pm, or just post here. Otherwise, you have a decision to make.

  • AegofAegof Registered User regular
    "If it will snuff your whining we will take another way."

    Nature to find a cross-country route: 1d20+3 6

    oh hi dani. Was just trying to get us moving.

    I'm providing ambience.
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    I was just trying to not to hog the spotlight by forcing a decision on the group. :)

    Ilesombra closes her eyes and says a silent prayer to her god, asking the deity to give her the knowledge to find a path to their destination safe from prying eyes.

    Religion: 1d20+6 26

    Holy rollin', critically. :)

    steam_sig.png
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    Ilesombra kneels and prays silently. In her head appear pictures. She sees a description of her and her companions pinned to a tree and guards and cops scouring the road around Dade. Then th landscape changes and she sees bandits lying in wait.

    The second scene portrays guards protecting a dock leading out to a large ship with many people boarding it. Large paddles stick out from the bottom level, raised in the resting position. Then she sees new landscape and the boat racing dowstream as pirates attack the ship. They are all shot by guards as they try to board.

    The final scene shows your group in the middle of a forest surrounded by a bunch of really odd looking people.

    Finally, you get the sensation of something dry and old brushing across your cheek and you think to yourself, "It's your choice."

  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Ilesombra silently replies, "Thank you, my lord." and stands up.

    Regarding the motley crew, she explains, "I don't think the main road is the way to go. Likewise, if the roads are swarming with guards, I can only imagine any settlement or port is going to be full of the law as well. I think it's best if we head into the woods and circle around the locals to move on to our destination."

    Smoothing a stray hair into place, the paladin gestured with a feigned annoyed urgency to the hillside. "Come along; I don't want to spend another night getting ogled by hayseeds in some dank cell."


    steam_sig.png
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    "So long as the plan does not require pants, I will comply."

    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    "The plan may not, but common decency does."

    Tordain follows along, glad he does not need to bring more violence to the citizens of the area.

    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • AegofAegof Registered User regular
    Ladej was not used to subtlety. He has never liked it. He does not argue, though.

    I'm providing ambience.
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    The gang turns around and heads away from the danger of the road. You plunge into cornfields and tiptoe across tomato fields. Eventually the fields give way to oak groves.

    Roll a nature or perception check.

  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    Perception: 1d20+4 21

    Away from blessed civilization, Tordain holds constant vigil over the untamed wilderness.

    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Ilesmobra's slept outside before, but this was pretty new to her.

    Nature: 1d20+2 4

    steam_sig.png
  • AegofAegof Registered User regular
    Ladej keeps his eyes open.

    Perception: 1d20+6 14

    I'm providing ambience.
  • TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    Mnemo gazes around at the natural environs, its colour shifting slowly and in a manner that seems somewhat uncertain. Perhaps it is not used to being in so open an area.

    Perception: 1d20+9 23

  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    Sorry guys, cross-country road trips, moving to new cities, no access to the forums on my phone and all in the name of getting a Ph.D. Feh. I'm ready to roll now, however. Also, did I lose a post? Oh well.

    Tordain and Mnemno both spot humanoid tracks in the leaves at their feet. Ladej sees a nice glade to rest for the night. Ilesombra's lucky to stay awake.

    You can rest here for the night, or you can continue. Tordain and Mnemno both feel that they could continue on the path at night.

  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    I say we press on.

    steam_sig.png
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    I concur.

    SrUxdlb.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.