Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E IC] Residuum Revolution Strange- Outlaws!

1356712

Posts

  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tordain strides forth and retrieves his hammer from the bunk. With a grin he hefts his weapon and points it toward Vic as a flash of holy incandescence rushes to engulf the guard.

    Radiant Vengeance vs. Reflex
    : 1d20+4 20 Hit!
    1d8+4 9 damage!
    I gain 4 THP.


    Move to G9
    Minor to pick up Mordenkrad
    Standard to Radiant Vengeance Vic for 9 damage, gaining 4thp in the process.


    Stats:
    Vic: HP 29/40, AC 18, Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14. Divine Sanction (Ilesombra)
    Tommy: HP -2/40, AC 18, Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14. Divine Sanction (Ilesombra)
    Harry: HP 28/40, AC 18, Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
    Captain: HP -13/38, AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 14, Resist 5 lightning, +1 to attack while bloodied, Aegis, Quarry

    Mnemo: HP 22/22, AC 15, Fort 10, Reflex 15, Will 15, Resist 5 psychic
    Ilesombra: HP 29/29, AC 20, Fort 14, Reflex 15, Will 16
    Ladej: HP -1/36, AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 15, Will 15, Resist 5 fire, +1 Reflex while firesoul active, Marked by Vic
    Slip: HP 23/23, AC 17, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 15
    Tordain: HP 29/29 +4 THP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 13, Will 15
    King: HP 18/26 +4 THP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 15

    Up: Bads!
    On Deck: Strangers!

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Harry and Vic, seeing their friend and the Captain brought down, make a break for it.

    "Get me out of here! The nk'barra can sort them out!"

    Mnemo:
    You can make a melee basic as Harry runs past you.

    Up: You guys

    daniant on
  • UnsaltedUnsalted Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Elias does a sort of half-sidestep/half-skip around his allies and trough the cell door as he gives chase to the fleeing guards.

    He levels his rod at Vic for good measure. The white energy seeps out of the iron rod and releases with the same audible -pop- as it hums towards its target.

    The bolt connects with Vic's fleeing form in a rewarding thwop.

    Actions:
    Move: Move to I3 via (D5-D4, D4-E3, E3-F3, F3-G2, G2-H3, H3-I3)
    Standard: Eldritch Bolt vs Vic: 1d20+4 20 vs Ref. - HIT!
    Damage vs Vic: 1d10+6 10 damage

    Stats:
    Vic: HP 19/40, AC 18, Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14. Divine Sanction (Ilesombra)
    Tommy: HP -2/40, AC 18, Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14. Divine Sanction (Ilesombra)
    Harry: HP 28/40, AC 18, Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
    Captain: HP -13/38, AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 14, Resist 5 lightning, +1 to attack while bloodied, Aegis, Quarry

    Mnemo: HP 22/22, AC 15, Fort 10, Reflex 15, Will 15, Resist 5 psychic
    Ilesombra: HP 29/29, AC 20, Fort 14, Reflex 15, Will 16
    Ladej: HP -1/36, AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 15, Will 15, Resist 5 fire, +1 Reflex while firesoul active, Marked by Vic
    Slip: HP 23/23, AC 17, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 15
    Tordain: HP 29/29 +4 THP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 13, Will 15
    King: HP 18/26 +4 THP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 15

    Up: Tordain, Ilesombra, King, Ladej, Mnemo
    On Deck: Bads

    Unsalted on
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ilesombra looks between the fleeing guards and the unconscious genasi, indecisive about pursuing the men or helping her fellow prisoner. Growling in frustration, she bends down beside the elemental-born and places both hands on his chest. The others can hear the paladin murmur something under her breath, and her hands begin glowing with a sickly purple light. After a few seconds, Ladej gasps and returns to the land of the conscious.

    Actions:
    Move adjacent to Ladej.
    Minor: Lay Hands on Ladej. I lose one healing surge, and Ladej regains 9 HP, no surge expenditure needed on his part.
    Stats:
    Vic: HP 19/40, AC 18, Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14. Divine Sanction (Ilesombra)
    Tommy: HP -2/40, AC 18, Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14. Divine Sanction (Ilesombra)
    Harry: HP 28/40, AC 18, Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
    Captain: HP -13/38, AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 14, Resist 5 lightning, +1 to attack while bloodied, Aegis, Quarry

    Mnemo: HP 22/22, AC 15, Fort 10, Reflex 15, Will 15, Resist 5 psychic
    Ilesombra: HP 29/29, AC 20, Fort 14, Reflex 15, Will 16
    Ladej: HP 9/36, AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 15, Will 15, Resist 5 fire, +1 Reflex while firesoul active, Marked by Vic. Prone.
    Slip: HP 23/23, AC 17, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 15
    Tordain: HP 29/29 +4 THP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 13, Will 15
    King: HP 18/26 +4 THP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 15

    Up: Tordain, King, Ladej, Mnemo
    On Deck: Bads

    dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Seeing the guards turn and flee, Mnemo completely ignores Harry as he runs past. Instead, it turns and watches the former prisoners as they help the injured Ladej to his feet. The construct fades back to a neutral bluish grey marble-like appearance, making no move towards or away from the others and remaining conspicuously silent.

    Turanos on
  • AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ladej Cai hisses and stands and doesn't seem to notice the fleeing men.

    Move: up from prone.

    Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tordain is content to watch the remaining guards flee. There could be no satisfaction in killing defeated men.

    "It seems we should find somewhere else to be, and quickly. I do not wish to be here when they summon the rest of the guard."

    He hefts his hammer and waits for his companions' responses.

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ilesombra dusts herself and stands. "You're welcome, by the way," she comments to Ladej.

    "The dwarf is right; we need to leave now. Grab what you can and move out."

    The paladin proceeds to collect the rest of her belongings from the jail.

    dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Alright. The rest of you, let me know if you want to go after the guards, rifle though the guard room, or make a speedy retreat.

    Then I will get the next map set up.

    daniant on
  • AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    "Hmph. Thank you godsworn. Tell me, does your faith make you too weak to tear down a door as solid as worldly air, or is that a flaw in all races crafted by gods?"

    Ladej is going to grab his stuff and get out.

    Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • UnsaltedUnsalted Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Elias raises the rod up to fire upon the fleeing men once again but seems to reconsider. He deftly twirls the rod before holstering it in the front of his belt. The sword in his main hand ceases to exist with a thought.

    He quickly steps to the front door and looks outside before shutting it behind the fleeing men.

    "We need to move quickly."

    He moves to the downed guard and captain and shakes his head before he starts unceremoniously patting down the bodies for valuables.

    Elias nods to the others seemingly watching him. "We best get everything and anything of use from that room over there." He nods to the office.

    "If you can't, or wont - fine by me. I don't plan on letting anything useful walk away from me today..."

    He continues about stripping everything of value from the bodies while trying to come up with an exit strategy.

    Streetwise: 1d20+8 10

    He really did hate these backwater towns. He begins to wonder more and more why he even came here in the first place...

    Unsalted on
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    "The inability to properly use brute force against inanimate objects isn't something I consider a flaw in my faith or my origin, but if it was, I'm sure it's the same sort of flaw that enables elemental-born to be ruffed up by drunken yokels."

    Ilesombra gives Ladej her sweetest, fakest smile. "We could stand here trading jibes all day, but I'd rather get out of this rat hole and onward to some place more accommodating, don't you agree."

    The paladin casts her gaze to the door open to the outside world. "Though, something tells me we're going to be doing a lot more fighting before we can put this town behind us...."

    dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The Lizard King collected his various and somewhat strange possessions from the trunk. The second to last of these was a pair of tinted spectacles, which he donned while complaining about how intolerably bright everything was... despite all appearances to the contrary.

    The last article, which he dwelled upon for a moment, was his pants. He'd been caught with them down, which was how many people ended up in jail. Not wearing them at all was therefore a preventative measure, lest they attempt to betray him again.

    He walked back into his jail cell, dragging the treacherous trousers through a pool of blood, and threw them down upon the sigils he had been tracing in the dust.

    "Charged and released to the universe. Green Ladies await. Now, then..."

    He turned back to the group, rubbing his palms together vigorously.

    "As Our Fair Maiden has astutely observed, there is probably quite a fight awaiting us should we walk out the door. Additionally, simply walking out the door is incredibly obvious, not to mention boring. Consider that nobody has ever broken out of a jail when all the doors were open and no guards were present. Because nobody ever thought of it before, it will and must -- well, you'll see.

    "So... who's ready for a jailbreak?"

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The dwarf took the last of his belongings from the chests, taking a moment to inspect his well worn crowbar. He understood why the construct had grabbed his hammer first and left the crowbar behind, it did, after all, make the most sense - give the dwarf a hammer.

    As he hung it at its place on his belt once more, he reminisced about Old Crow. All the doors forced open, even the drunkards who had thought it safe to accost him when his hammer wasn't at his side. He let out a long breath, what might have been a sigh. It's good to have you back...

    But then the rambling one drew his attention. "Green lady? What do you know about a green lady?" He shook his head. "Nevermind, we'll talk on the way out of this dump. I can only hope Erathis sees fit to bless us with an honest town with an honest inn soon."

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "Call it whatever you want. Blessing, curse, luck or misfortune. Symbols, regardless of their concrete existence, are real enough. This jail needs to be broken, and for us to disappear like thieves in the night. Archetypally speaking, that is."

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay! You are here:
    pub?id=1lOTT_Jk5wwdX08JSR9Mhql635FeZ6-eNWh1EYAJeU7U&w=960&h=720

    And for reference, your map of Ydria:
    pub?id=1eWHxJEdqcNBF0XPyyAgipHD20kR2PjoahXtecIOEe0Y&w=960&h=720

    daniant on
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tordain:
    That fight in the inn that got you locked up was with some nk'barra scouts. You were passing through, seeing if any of these river towns need some law enforcing done. Unfortunately, what you've been seeing is the corruption that comes when one group of people are allowed to do whatever they want.

    Ladej:
    You heard rumors of an old arcane site being discovered and were off to see what they hype was. You thought you might be able to acquire some reagents at least. However, the local nk'barra tore up your artificer's license and spat in your face when you referenced your work in the capital city. You were able to take a couple of them out before they knocked you out. You woke up in jail.

    Mnemo:
    You were found wandering in the wilderness, and the nk'barra couldn't figure out how to kill you, so they decided to lock you up instead.

    Ilesombra:
    You had heard rumors of an old arcane site being discovered and were on your way to investigate when the nk'barra held you up at a roadblock. They found certain incriminating artifacts on your person and (after being almost killed themselves) were finally able to subdue you and bring you into the local jail for questioning.

    Elias:
    You were jailed completely without cause. You were hauled in for questioning for a crime you know nothing of, simply because the nk'barra needed a scapegoat and they saw you slouching around. You suspect it was the nk'barra themselves that committed the crime.

    King Mars:
    You were jailed for "inciting rebellion among the masses" and also "lewd and lascivious public acts". The first charge is completely true. The second probably is not.

    daniant on
  • AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "This world is a prison, madman. Jails do not break easily." Ladej remembered the groaning of Mual-Tar's chains, the thin wet slick on Solkarra's glacier. "But they do break. We find horses and we leave this--" he paused, searching for a word "--place of dirt and wood. Accompany me further and I may be able to repay your assistance."

    Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "If I remember right, the stables are close by, but the guard house is right across the street." Tordain remembers the Temple of Erathis is nearby, and takes a moment to consider if escaping prison in a corrupt system would be frowned on by the members of the local church.

    Religion: 1d20+7 9

    He sighs. He'd never had a chance to really stop by and get to know the priests in this town. He didn't want to risk them turning a blind eye to the corruption, or worse, learning this temple was a part of it. He would come back and repent later, now he had a jailbreak to finish.

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "Right you are, Breath. If you are still a Breath. I think you are still manifesting the archetype... yes, you are. Your penchant for destroying barriers is still intact."

    He turned to the warlock.

    "Door! Perhaps you have some insight. If you were to be a door anywhere in this room, where would you be? The walls, the ceiling... the floor perhaps? Your insight would be appreciated."

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    As you all think of ways to escape without being seen, you hear a ruckus next door. It sounds like Harry and Vic are alerting the city guard...

    daniant on
  • AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "If I am to make us a new door, then let us lock the one we've been given," Ladej says, stepping over to where the captain's keys dropped. "Elemental!" He tosses the key ring to the stone man. "Lock the door." The genasi moves to the north wall and begins to work.

    Dunno how much work this'll take, so I just rolled four strength checks.
    Strength: 4#1d20+4 11 14 18 19

    Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "Yes! Lock it and bolt it! Those miscreants have no right to remove us from this prison!"

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Maybe one or two of you would like to help Ladej knock a hole in the wall? Hint, hint...

    daniant on
  • TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Catching the key rings tossed to it by Ladej, Mnemo looks at the keys for a moment before looking back to the genasi as he tries to break through the prison wall. It continues to stand still for a moment before silently walking to the main door of the building and locking it. The construct then backs away from the door and watches the breaking of the wall, putting the keys in a pocket in its cloth wrappings.

    Turanos on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The King hopped toward the door, throwing the bolt as Mnemo turned the key... without touching it. Nice. He threw himself (a bit dramatic) against the wall next to the door, and started shouting through the crack between the door and the wall at the gawkers and guards outside.

    "CUT THE CRAP OUT THERE AND LISTEN UP, PIGS! NOBODY MAKES A MOVE OR WE START KILLING HOSTAGES! WE'VE GOT DEMANDS, AND WE WANT A NEGOTIATOR NOW!"
    Bluff: 1d20+13 30

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The noises outside grow a little bit quieter. There seems to be some confusion...

    Still waiting for strength checks from some people willing to help.

    daniant on
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ilesombra tries to help Ladej, but she's startled at The King's successful bluff against the city guard, and she can't concentrate on the task at hand.

    Strength Assist: 1d20-1 7

    Hahahahahahahahahaha!

    dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tordain puts his shoulders into the effort.

    Roll 1:strength assist Ladej: 1d20 12
    Rolls 2 - 4: more strength assists: 3#1d20 19 4 9

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tordain and Ladej are able to pop out some of the masonry in the far wall, enough to create a hole large enough for you to squeeze through.

    Outside of the bolted door, you hear Vic and Harry's voices rising. It appears that they are arguing with the city guards...

    daniant on
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "Hah! Their jail is as feeble as their claim to be law men." Tordain readies his hammer, keeping an ear on the conversations on the other side of the door. "So what say you, rush straight for the stables, or escape the town and make for it on foot?"

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The guards outside finally have found a negotiator.

    "If you release the hostages and come out with your hands up, we promise a speedy trial with the clerics of Erathis!"

    Some more muffled talking and then, "Please, we don't want any trouble."

    daniant on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Worst. Negotiatiors. Ever. Clearly, they didn't quite understand what the word meant. The Lizard King considered that maybe it had too many syllables. It was time to fight back with the most juvenile tactics possible. Clearly, those were the sort of tactics that had a chance of being understood.

    "Alright. You drive a hard bargain. I think we can make a deal. Let's see... you... count to one hundred -- out loud! -- and when you hit one -- because you'll be counting backwards! -- then you can get us. Deal?"

    As he spoke with the crowd outside, King was already wildly gesturing toward the group and the hole in the wall, as if to strongly suggest that they begin their escape.
    Bluff: 1d20+13 22

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ilesombra was no fool. Going out to the townspeople was the quickest way back into a cell.

    "Leave the horses; that will cause too much noise. We should make haste to find a quiet space to regroup outside of town."

    The paladin readied her shield and kopesh and made her way to the hole in the wall. She takes a quick look around to get her bearings and to make sure there were no guards near this wall.

    Perception: 1d20+2 15

    dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tordain followed to the hole and took his own peek outside.



    Perception: 1d20+4 20

    If there is no one watching the back, he will head out and follow the group.

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ilesombra
    You look out and see a few sheltering outbuildings. There seem to the sounds of some people celebrating.

    Tordain
    You look left and see a small pavilion. There seem to be a few people having a party. They look and sound as if they have been drinking.

    daniant on
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tordain motions to the revelers.

    "Seems like that way lies either cover or a distraction."

    While he might not be the best at coming up with plans, he was pretty sure an armored man without pants would cause a commotion with the party.

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ilesombra motions for her compatriots to exit, and she begins walking briskly towards the drinking crowd.

    dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ladej frowns, perplexed, but follows nonetheless. He was armed now, and with so many at his back (if just for now) no amount of guardsmen would stop him. So why did they go the other way?

    Let's go ahead and kill the genasi-made heatwave. It was fun, but I doubt it'll help us hide properly.

    Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    As Tordain follows the paladin toward the crowd, he takes a closer look to see if the celebration has any religious overtones.

    Religion: 1d20+7 12

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.