As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Weird mouth/tooth problem

Arch Guru XXArch Guru XX Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
On Sunday morning I was walking to get breakfast when I experienced a sudden spike of pain in my mouth. It was on the right side, lower jaw, back near the molars I think. It hurt like a motherfucker, but probably lasted less than one full second. By the time I realized it was a problem it was gone. I couldn't find any sign of residual soreness or tenderness, so I chalked it up to one of those weird things that bodies sometimes do, and I let it go.

Well, it happened again, at about 3:30 this morning. It was enough to wake me up, but again, by the time I was awake and realized what had happened the pain had already disappeared. Like before, no residual pain of any kind. I can't trigger it, or at least I don't know how. I can talk and eat and drink and don't notice any problem at all.

I do have a dentist appointment in a little over a month, but if this keeps happening I'll try to move it up. What I'm curious about is, does anyone have any idea what this might be? It's outside any of my prior experiences with mouth-related ailments, although I've had pretty good luck in that regard (one cavity and two wisdom teeth out).

Should have been a rock star.
Arch Guru XX on

• Options
    crakecrake Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sounds like a problem you should see a doctor for actualy... I suspect you have something funky going on in the muscles/nerves of your neck.

Have you been doing anything weird in the activity department? Reptetative motions, some kind of new sport/exercise... PLAYING WoW TOO MUCH???? hehe Seriously though, I've had some weird shit happen to my neck/jaw area from bad mousing habits.

crake on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Might be TMJ, a disorder whre your jawbone starts hitting into a major nerve in your face.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited February 2007
    Is it near where one of the wisdom teeth was removed or perhaps near where one has not been removed? It does sound kind of weird. If it's not crippling pain you're probably good to wait until your regular appointment.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    Arch Guru XXArch Guru XX Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DaySleeper wrote:
    Is it near where one of the wisdom teeth was removed or perhaps near where one has not been removed? It does sound kind of weird. If it's not crippling pain you're probably good to wait until your regular appointment.

I think it is near my lower unremoved wisdomtooth - but it's hard to tell, the two times this has happened the pain has disappeared so fast that I don't have a good feel on the exact location.

Those wisdom teeth need to come out eventually, though. Maybe this will jumpstart that effort.

Arch Guru XX on
    Should have been a rock star.
  • Options
    DynamiteKidDynamiteKid Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Do you perhaps clench or grind your teeth in your sleep?

DynamiteKid on
    NWA01-1.jpg
    www.rockmidgets.com