As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East 2012 Fitness Group! [Meetup Friday 4/6 1PM outside the Wyvern Theater]

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    If you're looking for hard industrial/electronic for workouts, I cannot recommend Modulate's Detonation enough. http://www.amazon.com/Detonation/dp/B004K8ZPKS/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321880876&sr=301-1

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • IzzieIzzie It's The Avatar BostonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    This is awesome. Totally joined the Pax-East / Penny Arcade groups on fitocracy.

I lost about 15 over the summer for the wedding I was in the party for this month, and I'm glad to have another goal point now to focus on. I've done it pretty much 100% on portion control (I.. do no exercises, like a boss. Gonna try to get that started though <_<).

So adding to the suggestion pile, http://www.myfitnesspal.com is what I use to track my food / limited movement.

It can do an automatic daily limits based on how much you wanna lose per week / how much activity you do. This is also customizable.

It has a huge member-supported database of nutrition info on pretty much 97% of anything you can eat, which is AWESOME.

And it has a really easy to use smartphone app for droids and iphones.

So. Now that I'm done gloating; good luck all!

Izzie on
    http://izziebytes.net // http://twitter.com/izziebot // G+
    Terrorizing the Gaming Universe one post at a time...
  • SpectacledBearSpectacledBear Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Thanks to PA I got in on Fitocracy and am trying 3 days of C25K and 3 days of aerobics (EA Active 2) with a rest day. So far it's been good and I'm working to find healthier foods to sate my increased requirement for energy. My goal is to be 25 lb. lighter for PAX East, with all of the benefits that would come with that.

Currently playing Stardew Valley and I Am Setsuna.

LPr3CtQ.png
  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    I also dropped off the face of the earth last year. And here I am again at about the same time of year, going "Man, I'd love to lose weight for PAX!"

I really really do this year, though. I just joined the PAX group on Fitocracy, and welcome people to friend me! My main problem is motivation. :| And the more motivated I get, the more motivated I can get the bf, which is always great!

UyhWici.png
  • FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    I have not given up myself, but the walks have been shorter, less time consuming, etc. That was mainly due to the harsh weather.

I'm giving this one last shot, then it's off to the gym until spring comes back :(

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • BeerNgamingBeerNgaming Registered User regular
    Izzie, awesome job.

Frugus, if you're ready for it, running in colder weather is actually fine. It's harder to motivate yourself outside, but I've gone out in some rough conditions before, and only the first few minutes are uncomfortable usually.

Failing that, wear a heavy backpack. You'd be surprised how much heat you put off.

So, how'd everyone do over the holiday? I did absolutely terrible, and I paid for it on the scale. Really showed how it's not really worth it to overindulge, even for one day! Hopefully I'll get some better results next time I weigh myself! :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • HaaydeentarHaaydeentar Registered User new member
    I'm ready to get in on this!! With Thanksgiving out of the way and hopefully enough willpower to power through the December holiday feast week, I will be able to put some actual time/effort into losing some extra lbs. before PAX.

• BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    Chorazin wrote:
    So, how'd everyone do over the holiday? I did absolutely terrible, and I paid for it on the scale. Really showed how it's not really worth it to overindulge, even for one day! Hopefully I'll get some better results next time I weigh myself! :)

As long as you're not indulging every other day, I don't see a problem with having a big, fatty meal with the people that you love. That being said, I pigged out, but kept on my workout regimen through the weekend.

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • TinksterTinkster Registered User regular
    Chorazin wrote:

I did too >.< Between the feasting and not working out because of all the company staying over, I definitely paid for it on the scale. Back on the wagon!!

• TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    I'd like to participate! I have a few pounds I need to shed

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • sofreshsodarrylsofreshsodarryl East 2011 Omeganaut Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    Chorazin wrote:
    So, how'd everyone do over the holiday?
    I barely got any exercise in and drank WAYYYYYYY too much wine :-(

Haha, glad to see I wasn't the only one! Luckily Christmas shouldn't be a problem for me, the GF's dad always makes the most amazing prime rib so I'll just have slabs of that and veggies. Thanksgiving is always more about the carby sides than the proteins.

Five months till PAX East folks, time to buckle down!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    Logged in my workouts for this week on fitocracy! I'm so happy with myself that I'm actually keeping it up this time!!! I've also started incorporating more veggies in my diet and choosing healthier choices when eating out!

I don't know about you guys, but I've been lifting like crazy. A weight rack at home helps immensely. Buut, SWTOR is coming out. So, I need to figure some way to work out and play without the Gabe-style PC-on-a-treadmill.

• TinksterTinkster Registered User regular
    I don't know about you guys, but I've been lifting like crazy. A weight rack at home helps immensely. Buut, SWTOR is coming out. So, I need to figure some way to work out and play without the Gabe-style PC-on-a-treadmill.

Trying to figure out that one myself; last beta weekend I think I hardly budged until Sunday >.<

• DreamwishDreamwish Registered User regular
    Tinkster wrote:

Trying to figure out that one myself; last beta weekend I think I hardly budged until Sunday >.<

I try to get my cardio in before breakfast, and just make that a habit. A sort of get-it-out-of-the-way-early kind of thing. Plus, running after eating just feels terrible, and the motivation is rarely there.

And I suppose you could devise a tweak to the Fitocracy model and apply it to SWTOR: time/reps in the gym yield play time benefits, or something along those lines. You could even have fellow forumers help create a system that everyone used if enough people are playing.

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    I've been having a tough time staying motivated lately - just quit my job and my family is stressing me out. But I am still a couple pounds down from my typical weight! Stressin' the pounds off!

But seriously, need to gym more, especially cardio!

UyhWici.png
    I've been having a tough time staying motivated lately - just quit my job and my family is stressing me out. But I am still a couple pounds down from my typical weight! Stressin' the pounds off!

But seriously, need to gym more, especially cardio!

It's important to enter the gym with a good mindset. If working out helps you calm down and focus, awesome! A few minutes of quiet meditation seems to do the trick for me.

Lost all the weight I accumulated over Thanksgiving plus an extra pound when I weighed myself Saturday! My birthday is Friday so I'm not sure if I want to have a carb cheat day with some dessert with dinner...maybe I'll weigh myself Friday and see how I've done so far before I decide! :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    All right, I've spent maybe the last six months doing heavy lifting, time to lighten up. As of tomorrow, routine goes to bodyweight exercises (push-ups, sit ups, etc.) and running. Gonna be tough, but I not only have PAX East to prepare for, also I'm gonna be a groomsman at my best friend's wedding in April. Gotta get all sexy for the bridesmaids.

• MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    I'm in...I lost 40lbs 18 months ago and successfully put it all back on because i got lazy. I've submitted every email address I have to try to get an invite to fitocracy, so we'll see if I get an invite...I've been waiting for quite a while.

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
    edited December 2011
    The URL in BaconSandwich's first post leads to a different group code than the current invite link on the PA Fitocracy page. I'm guessing these codes change from time to time and that one is deprecated, so maybe this will fix your problem MasterRokku. Anyway, the current info according to Fitocracy is this:

Group Code: GSWA6

Group link: http://ftcy.co/uXhMAR

Invites Left: 1750

Hope this helps.

Dreamwish on
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I'm in, since August I've lost 70 pds and 8 inches and one shirt size.

Here's to being a large by PAX!

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]

Awesome! That much in 4 months? Do tell.

That's awsome man! It's taken me 6.5 months to lose 45lbs, I'm jealous!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin

Awesome! That much in 4 months? Do tell.
    Chorazin wrote:

That's awsome man! It's taken me 6.5 months to lose 45lbs, I'm jealous!

Thanks! Well to start off I was really overweight so losing that much is only a start. Portion control (this is the key!), absolutely cutting out my favourite meals (pizza and hamburgers, I indulge once a month though) and I haven't had a pop in 2 years. That coupled with a 6.5 mile run everyday and Judo Monday/Wednesday helped shed about 7 pounds a week. I've still got another 60 pounds to lose before I'm entirely happy though.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    edited December 2011
    Just joined Fitocracy. Got in the Penny Arcade and PAXEast group. Can't wait for Monday to actually add a lot to my workout. x.x

PayneTrayne on
  • FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    possibly...

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Erg, 3 months away from PAX and I hope I can finish getting in shape by PAX East. Lost near triple digits in the past year, but want to finish it off instead of just settling where I'm at now.

Fruhmann wrote:
    possibly...

We don't do "possibly" here! We start at "definitely" and work our way up from there!
    Erg, 3 months away from PAX and I hope I can finish getting in shape by PAX East. Lost near triple digits in the past year, but want to finish it off instead of just settling where I'm at now.

That's awesome that you lost so much! Yeah, I definitely get the ending stretch slump, but you gotta hang in there! Good news is, there's still 4 months to go! Now I just have to somehow balance school, workouts and Omegathon training....

Started c25k last week. Haven't run in a very long time, this is gonna be fun.

• LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    So far I have lost 6 pounds in 5 weeks, that is including taking 2 weeks off due to holidays and work being closed. I can only work out on days I work because my job and the gym are close together and I have a one hour commute there. So not wasting gas on off days :P I feel great, didn't gain a thing during the holidays.

PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
    Started c25k last week. Haven't run in a very long time, this is gonna be fun.

The post-run feeling, plus seeing weight come off, is quite rewarding. You got this.

So far I have lost 6 pounds in 5 weeks, that is including taking 2 weeks off due to holidays and work being closed. I can only work out on days I work because my job and the gym are close together and I have a one hour commute there. So not wasting gas on off days :P I feel great, didn't gain a thing during the holidays.

That's awesome! (well, except for the gym being so far away)

• MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    THIS IS SO GREAT! I just started glancing at the forums regularly again and saw this! I went and signed up, now I am a level 1 weakling, but NOT FOR LONG! I may be starting a couple weeks late, but I will try to complete the challenge by PAX, sign me up!

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Oh! In addition, I am sure it has been up before (because I have found it here...) the One Hundred Push Up Challenge is a great way to start out with strength training and get some reps :)

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
    Make sure you even out your push-ups with other work outs as well!

• aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    I've been wanting to join Fitocracy for a while and never thought to look here for an invite link! I was hoping to gain some muscle before East, and this is a great way to do it. :D

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • sofreshsodarrylsofreshsodarryl East 2011 Omeganaut Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    Hopefully we all had a safe and healthy end of 2011! What are everyone's 2012 resolutions?

Hopefully we all had a safe and healthy end of 2011! What are everyone's 2012 resolutions?

I spent most of 2011 building, gonna start cutting and see how much weight I can lose by PAX. And beyond!