Options

eye[chat]ch

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh also Elldren I didn't get to reply to your post: yes, taxes in the game.

I get all fired up whenever someone randomly decides to try Elona. The game is so spiteful and wrong.

desc on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    i mean i don't have health insurance either

some doctor ripping my eye ball out will

a) be terrible and suck
    b) bankrupt me
    c) be ripping my eye from my face

i mean, i don't think there's a way to mitigate this situation

Do you have dual citizenship?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Cinders wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Everything I read about DNF makes me want to buy DNF even more.

Capture the Flag? Gone. Instead, Capture the Babe.

... right

So wish that game were still never coming out.

It used to be funnier.

When I was in middle school.
    Nope, still funny.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Chu I have to admit that none of those choices sound fun.

desc on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    And migraines suck.

What kind of migraines are we talking about?

Migraines like mine where they're maybe 3 or 4 hours once a month or two? Not a big deal.

Three-day disabling affairs every time you anger God by daring to eat the wrong food? That would be pretty terrible.

well when i talked to my doctor about it (well, and an ophthalmologist) i was like 'so if it does degenerate to that point, what are my options', and when i proposed 'well, what about managing the pain'

and he kind of laughed and went 'yeah... if it gets to the contraction-based migraines, pain management won't be an option. you will need to address it surgically'

What are the risks of surgery?

i didn't actually have a comprehensive evaluation about it- so i dunno

also i could maybe still be in the early-enough stage that the lesser surgery (going in and snipping muscular connections) is still a viable solution

because while this headache is fucking lame, it's nowhere near 'unendurable, life changing misery'

so i am gonna try to make an appointment in the morning... and see if i've neglected it for too long already, or what

Organichu on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm sorry chu :(

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    Great stuff.
    The pain is lancinating or boring/drilling in quality, and is located behind the eye (periorbital) or in the temple, sometimes radiating to the neck or shoulder. Analogies frequently used to describe the pain are a red-hot poker inserted into the eye, or a spike penetrating from the top of the head, behind one eye, radiating down to the neck, or sometimes having a leg amputated without any anaesthetic. The condition was originally named Horton's Cephalalgia after Dr. B.T Horton, who postulated the first theory as to their pathogenesis. His original paper describes the severity of the headaches as being able to take normal men and force them to attempt or complete suicide. From Horton's 1939 paper on cluster headache:

"Our patients were disabled by the disorder and suffered from bouts of pain from two to twenty times a week. They had found no relief from the usual methods of treatment. Their pain was so severe that several of them had to be constantly watched for fear of suicide. Most of them were willing to submit to any operation which might bring relief."[6]

Indeed, cluster headaches are also known by the nickname "suicide headaches".
    yeah, i actually knew a guy that committed suicide because of migraines.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Great stuff.
    The pain is lancinating or boring/drilling in quality, and is located behind the eye (periorbital) or in the temple, sometimes radiating to the neck or shoulder. Analogies frequently used to describe the pain are a red-hot poker inserted into the eye, or a spike penetrating from the top of the head, behind one eye, radiating down to the neck, or sometimes having a leg amputated without any anaesthetic. The condition was originally named Horton's Cephalalgia after Dr. B.T Horton, who postulated the first theory as to their pathogenesis. His original paper describes the severity of the headaches as being able to take normal men and force them to attempt or complete suicide. From Horton's 1939 paper on cluster headache:

"Our patients were disabled by the disorder and suffered from bouts of pain from two to twenty times a week. They had found no relief from the usual methods of treatment. Their pain was so severe that several of them had to be constantly watched for fear of suicide. Most of them were willing to submit to any operation which might bring relief."[6]

Indeed, cluster headaches are also known by the nickname "suicide headaches".

I find darkness and breathing exercises help.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    Happy thoughts.

1368_a7bd.jpeg

Echo on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    desc wrote: »
    Oh also Elldren I didn't get to reply to your post: yes, taxes in the game.

I get all fired up whenever someone randomly decides to try Elona. The game is so spiteful and wrong.

teach me, oh master

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gim wrote: »
    Manicotti?

Manicotti.

man i cotti
    man man i cotti
    man i cotti
    man man i cotti
    man man man man man man man man
    (unst unst unst unst)

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited March 2011
    i am a dual citizen, yes

i guess that is also an option i hadn't thoroughly considered

Organichu on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jacob and Fluffy, where are thou?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Manicotti?

Manicotti.

man i cotti
    man man i cotti
    man i cotti
    man man i cotti
    (unst unst unst unst)

twee-dee-dee-dee-dee
    twee-dee-dee-dee-dee
    twee-dee-dee-dee-dee

the system
    is down

the system
    is down

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    Ok ok

HEAR ME OUT CHU.

You need a glass eye, and a patch. The patch will have mechanism that will lower it off of your face like a hatch.

This mechanism will also function to pop your glass eye out of its socket and it will roll down the track of the patch and land on an indentation staring directly ahead.

Then when people ask you WTF. You say, "Well, I am rather....eyecatching."
    No.

He needs to replace his eye by a small boxing glove propelled by a very powerful spring, covered up by an eye patch.

Then whenever someone pisses him off, surprise knock-out punch.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    firefox 4 is out

it seems ok

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    does Israel have free healthcare?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

a) be terrible and suck
    b) bankrupt me

How much bank do you have to be rupted? You've been unemployed for a while and you don't have a car or house or anything. What are they gonna take? Your other eye?

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Manicotti?

Manicotti.

man i cotti
    man man i cotti
    man i cotti
    man man i cotti
    (unst unst unst unst)

twee-dee-dee-dee-dee
    twee-dee-dee-dee-dee
    twee-dee-dee-dee-dee

the system
    is down

the system
    is down

!

Gim on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    welp two hour waiting time on telehealth.

probably for the best.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i am a dual citizen, yes

i guess that is also an option i hadn't thoroughly considered

Honestly, I would go in and find out what the possible long-term risks are from surgery.

All surgeries carry some risk, there's a small risk of having an adverse reaction to anesthesia that they have to inform you about, but outside of that I'd talk to them about long-term complications.

If the risk of long-term complications is low, I would find a way to get the surgery. Which, in your case, might involve getting printouts of all your relevant medical records and taking a flight back to Israel.

Feral on

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    yeah, i actually knew a guy that committed suicide because of migraines.

I'm glad I just got the minor version. I didn't have to scream or anything; I was just holding my head and squeezing my eyes shut to prevent my right eye from being pushed out of my skull by a spike. Because that's what it felt like.

Seems I outgrew that; I rarely get them nowadays. Happened a lot in my teens.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    also today i took my 'before' progress pictures in my campaign to end up with less chu than currently exists

i took pictures in and out of a shirt- the shirted ones for if i feel compelled to share my progress in public, and the shirtless ones for in-the-mirror self loathing

Organichu on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sorry you're dealing with that kind of no-win scenario, Organ.

--

Dammit, I actually had taxes due this year because my agency barely withheld anything. I was hoping for one of those "Lawl you get $600 back!" moments. :(

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

They have a mixed system where basic care is free and anything above basic care is paid for through private insurance.

Feral on

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    I was referring to anesthetics as the kind of shit that makes you sleep, not in the pain killing sense.

Sometimes they want to do crazy shit while you're awake you see.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    edited March 2011

a) be terrible and suck
    b) bankrupt me

How much bank do you have to be rupted? You've been unemployed for a while and you don't have a car or house or anything. What are they gonna take? Your other eye?

I'm not saying he's broke, but his credit score is a picture of a shrugging man with his pockets turned inside out.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    I was referring to anesthetics as the kind of shit that makes you sleep, not in the pain killing sense.

They do brain surgery when you're awake.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Well you can't exactly, for instance, give birth while asleep

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Those brain surgeries that they do while the patient is awake, so they can talk to him/her and make sure they haven't snipped something important?

Those trip me the fuck out.

Feral on

• Options
    edited March 2011

I recall some musician playing an instrument during brain surgery so they could read brain activity or something.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

essentially, yes

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I recall some musician playing an instrument during brain surgery so they could read brain activity or something.

Ooh, that reminds me, we're going to go see The Music Never Stopped tonight. :D

Feral on

• Options
    edited March 2011

Those brain surgeries that they do while the patient is awake, so they can talk to him/her and make sure they haven't snipped something important?

Those trip me the fuck out.

I am concerned about anything whose basic method of finding the right area involves the phrase "whoops, too far"

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i guess i should upload my pax photos

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    my credit score is not good but it's not the worst

it's like mid 500s at last check

Organichu on