Options

eye[chat]ch

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    If I lost an eye I would totally volunteer for experiments on optic nerve stimulation.

So would I. I mean it's not like the socket is doing anything useful. And you can ask Elldren, I love playing the "How much stuff can I cram into a cybereye" game.

He does.

shooting laser beams out his eyes

Did you guys start playing shadowrun?

Cinders on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I could totally go for some pizza right now

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    If the dinosaur thread doesn't teach me to how to love again, nothing will.

Bonersaurus.

I see your Bonersaurus and raise you an Erectodon.

Gim on
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I wish I could be a fantastic pop star like Rebecca Black.

She is the John Lennon of our generation.

dead?

She is the Lady Gaga of our generation.

Awesomed way up?

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Cinders wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    If I lost an eye I would totally volunteer for experiments on optic nerve stimulation.

So would I. I mean it's not like the socket is doing anything useful. And you can ask Elldren, I love playing the "How much stuff can I cram into a cybereye" game.

He does.

shooting laser beams out his eyes

Did you guys start playing shadowrun?

Not yet

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I keep telling people. Virgin mobile - $25 a month for their base plan which is 300 minutes plus unlimited everything else (text/web/data). Its the best value in the industry.

Didn't come out until I already signed my 2 year contract.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Bonersaurus.

157uE.jpg

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    I have about a 40 buck unlimited iphone plan.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I wish I could be a hipster, but my work requires me to dress in business casual.

Sometimes I pretend I'm only working a 9-5 cubicle job ironically.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

:x:x:x:x:x

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited March 2011

:x:x:x:x:x

I did pay for the phone upfront though.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I wish I could be a hipster, but my work requires me to dress in business casual.

I wish I could wear business casual at a 9-5 cubicle job. That would mean I'd be gainfully employed. :(

moniker on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My sister once got a 5 thousand dollar phone bill because the company failed to realise that she had an unlimited data plan.

And then one time the month after she received a 2500 dollar phone bill because the company failed to realise that she had an unlimited data plan.

Skilled much...

Honk on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd prefer an Ultimate Eye

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    moniker wrote: »

I wish I could wear business casual at a 9-5 cubicle job. That would mean I'd be gainfully employed. :(

Awww. :(

You a student or something, or just having a hard time finding a job?

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Okay, I got unstuck, but then I had dinner, so now I have to remotivate myself.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Once we got a phone bill for well over a thousand dollars because text messages cost $0.25 each and my brother and sister both sent a very large number.

The AT&T ransom negotiator let us go with a $50 charge for two months of retroactive unlimited texting.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011

That's okay, cuz I just won that thread.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Awww. :(

You a student or something, or just having a hard time finding a job?

Just graduated and feeling down.

I should go do something to cheer myself up. Or maybe just drink.

moniker on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

That's okay, cuz I just won that thread.

Fuck that noise, Dinobots is where it's at.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011

If you just graduated, don't worry about it. Plenty of people have a hard time finding jobs right out of college. You just have to keep trying.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hi5 for being out of school and work!

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Counter-hi5 for working at a school!

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Once we got a phone bill for well over a thousand dollars because text messages cost $0.25 each and my brother and sister both sent a very large number.

The AT&T ransom negotiator let us go with a $50 charge for two months of retroactive unlimited texting.

We got a couple hundred dollar bill from Verizon after my wife got a new phone a while back. Aparently the bandwidth used to browse verizons own store for ringtones and the like is charged against your data plan. And, in our case, we didn't have a data plan and so were getting charged per kilobyte. Just for buying shit directly from them.

But at least they eventually relented and let us pay retroactively for a data plan.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Richy wrote: »
    Counter-hi5 for working at a school!

I've worked in education for my summer job (and TAing at college, and technically as a bureaucrat in the New York State Ed Dept), and it's a lot of fun but I can't imagine that as a career. Bless teachers, but I'd hate myself after a few years of dealing with those shits.

Of course, working at a school doesn't mean you're a teacher or even deal with the kids.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

We got a couple hundred dollar bill from Verizon after my wife got a new phone a while back. Aparently the bandwidth used to browse verizons own store for ringtones and the like is charged against your data plan. And, in our case, we didn't have a data plan and so were getting charged per kilobyte. Just for buying shit directly from them.

But at least they eventually relented and let us pay retroactively for a data plan.

You know, I'm kinda glad to know that it's not only in Canada that cell phone companies are ass-raping customers for fun.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011

If you just graduated, don't worry about it. Plenty of people have a hard time finding jobs right out of college. You just have to keep trying.

Grad school. And I know, but I'm tired of my life not really starting. I want to be an adult, dammit.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I've worked in education for my summer job (and TAing at college, and technically as a bureaucrat in the New York State Ed Dept), and it's a lot of fun but I can't imagine that as a career. Bless teachers, but I'd hate myself after a few years of dealing with those shits.

Of course, working at a school doesn't mean you're a teacher or even deal with the kids.
    I teach and deal with the kids. I also do recruitment, which means I deal with even younger and less interested kids.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Grad school. And I know, but I'm tired of my life not really starting. I want to be an adult, dammit.
    Being an adult isn't all it's cracked up to be. Enjoy grad school while it lasts.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011

You know, I'm kinda glad to know that it's not only in Canada that cell phone companies are ass-raping customers for fun.

SMS uses capacity that has always existed and is only just now being used. It was quite literally waste and instead of letting people enjoy this freebie with clear communications benefits they decided to charge an infinite amount more than nothing.

moniker on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Bonersaurus.

157uE.jpg

Is that a Hipstersaurus?

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I teach and deal with the kids. I also do recruitment, which means I deal with even younger and less interested kids.

Ouch. If you do recruitment, I assume that's college? I've taught 12-14 year olds last summer, and that was brutal. They were all really smart (Center for Talented Youth, you need to have a really good GPA, standardized test scores, and recommendations to get in), but half of them just don't give a shit or aren't mature enough to deal with a summer camp.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Being an adult isn't all it's cracked up to be. Enjoy grad school while it lasts.

It isn't lasting. It's over with. Now I'm just unemployed. And I know it ain't all sun and rainbows, but at least I'd have a place of my own and some extra walking around money.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Deebaser wrote: »

Bonersaurus.

Is that a Hipstersaurus?

No, it's a stegosaurus.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

SMS uses capacity that has always existed and is only just now being used. It was quite literally waste and instead of letting people enjoy this freebie with clear communications benefits they decided to charge an infinite amount more than nothing.

I like to think about it this way:

They are charging you to cover the costs of metering SMS so they can charge you.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

It isn't lasting. It's over with. Now I'm just unemployed. And I know it ain't all sun and rainbows, but at least I'd have a place of my own and some extra walking around money.
    Wait, you get extra money when you become an adult?

Man, why didn't someone tell me this 13 years ago...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    After working Japan and now going to grad school I feel like an adult. Because I am 28 and I am going to grad school after having worked. Like a normal person.

I also realized I will be in a whole new pool of people to make friends and such. I am excited.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    After working Japan and now going to grad school I feel like an adult. Because I am 28 and I am going to grad school after having worked. Like a normal person.

I also realized I will be in a whole new pool of people to make friends and such. I am excited.

My plan is going to grad school while working.

Three years of hell.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wait, you get extra money when you become an adult?

Man, why didn't someone tell me this 13 years ago...

The Grown-Up Fairy comes along and puts a quarter under your pillow every night.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »

My plan is going to grad school while working.

Three years of hell.

I don't think I would be able to do this. I am required to do at least 1, probably 2 separate internships. Going to get my butt kicked so badly.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.