Options

eye[chat]ch

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    moniker wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Grad school. And I know, but I'm tired of my life not really starting. I want to be an adult, dammit.
    Being an adult isn't all it's cracked up to be. Enjoy grad school while it lasts.

It isn't lasting. It's over with. Now I'm just unemployed. And I know it ain't all sun and rainbows, but at least I'd have a place of my own and some extra walking around money.
    Wait, you get extra money when you become an adult?

Man, why didn't someone tell me this 13 years ago...

When you mange to get gainful employment. Right now I'm earning $0.00 and spending > $0.00. I'm looking forward to when that changes. Also, getting an apartment and a new computer.

moniker on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wait, you get extra money when you become an adult?

Man, why didn't someone tell me this 13 years ago...

The Grown-Up Fairy comes along and puts a quarter under your pillow every night.
    That fucker's been holding out on me!

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    After working Japan and now going to grad school I feel like an adult. Because I am 28 and I am going to grad school after having worked. Like a normal person.

I also realized I will be in a whole new pool of people to make friends and such. I am excited.

My plan is going to grad school while working.

Three years of hell.

I'm doing this now. Literally. I'm studying for a mid term that is tomorrow after work.

It sucks, yo.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I do also work part time and sub occasionally right now so I am kind of employed.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    GMU has night classes designed for people working and want a grad degree. They have an MBA program geared for tech people working in IT companies, so I think I might do that. It's like three years and $7000/year. I have no intentions of being a CEO or anything, but rising to middle management from the ranks might be interesting work (at my company, most of the middle management are basically normal programmers that just happen to have some extra management responsibilities) and I could make bank off it. I wouldn't even consider it until I get to team lead, though, which won't be for a long time.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I put in 20 hours at my internships every semester. Not the same as having an actual job, but still it isn't that impossible. Just kind of sucks when everything comes to a head.

moniker on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Adulthood is so ambiguous

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah mine is a traditional masters program. I think part of it is, that it is for a travel heavy area(international studies) most of the internships I have dug through mean I am in another part of the country for some time. I don't know. I still can't believe I got it, but I gave them money and they said I am in and all. But still.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I put in 20 hours at my internships every semester. Not the same as having an actual job, but still it isn't that impossible. Just kind of sucks when everything comes to a head.

Yeah. The good thing is, CGI is pretty good at allowing you to work extra hours one week to take off the next. If I know I have some big presentation or finals coming up or whatever, I could just put in a 60 hour week at work when I have the chance and then leave at noon every day during finals.

Still really shitty, but it distributes it a little bit more evenly.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I told my therapist, and it's true, even though I am 28 and hold down a steady job, married, have a house, wife, pets, pay my bills, and have a good credit score, I do not feel like an adult.

I said that if shit really hit the fan in my life, I'd be likely to say "But I'm just a KID." with total conviction.

Nobody tells you this shit as a kid.

Ludious on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    I told my therapist, and it's true, even though I am 28 and hold down a steady job, married, have a house, wife, pets, pay my bills, and have a good credit score, I do not feel like an adult.

I said that if shit really hit the fan in my life, I'd be likely to say "But I'm just a KID." with total conviction.

I just feel like a kid getting away with all the stuff I use to not be able to get away with.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »

I'm 21 with a steady job, single, one bedroom apartment, shitty credit score (never used a credit card and I've barely taken out loans), and I pay my bills, and I constantly think "that whole turning 18 and graduating high school thing was a huge mistake."
    I just feel like a kid getting away with all the stuff I use to not be able to get away with.

I know! I eat dinner in bed several times a week.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The dinosaur thread prompted me to fire up the ol' Jurassic Park for the Sega Genesis

good times (kinda)

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The dinosaur thread prompted me to fire up the ol' Jurassic Park for the Sega Genesis

good times (kinda)

Oh gods, memories man. Memories.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

good times (kinda)

I remember being incredibly incompetent at that game, as only a 5 year old gamer can be.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

good times (kinda)

Ah, memories.

moniker on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    1-1 tonight :(

stupid friends.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so i might have gotten my dell running again.

question: do I buy a mac anyway because it's just going to die on me again or what

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    debt not cleared like i wanted, just cut down by 700. I'll take it though just for this shit to be over.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hi again, [chat].

Spiral Knights is really random. I think it's a Dreamcast game in a PC game's body.

desc on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    and my sleep mask thing came in. now i just need to get a snuggie and i'll be all set.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    wazilla wrote: »

stupid friends.

1-1 what?

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Gooey wrote: »

question: do I buy a mac anyway because it's just going to die on me again or what

buy two macbooks, just in case.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

stupid friends.

1-1 what?

LoL D:

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

The answer is always buy a Mac.

Because you deserve nice things.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »

buy two macbooks, just in case.

I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Because you deserve nice things.

well the good news is the hdd isn't borked like I thought it was. So maybe I can buy one of those optibay dealies and run a small ssd for osx and partition out 100gb or so for windows on the other disk.

then again, the thought of ripping open my brand new laptop makes me physically ill after my dell ownership experience.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So the local NBC affiliate just called and interviewed me about getting fired from my job for swearing, and tomorrow they are going to come down with a tv crew to interview me again.

What the..

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Because you deserve expensive things.

I kid, I kid though. Buy which ever one best fits your budget and what you want to do with it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So the local NBC affiliate just called and interviewed me about getting fired from my job for swearing, and tomorrow they are going to come down with a tv crew to interview me again.

What the..

alls I'm saying is mormons is one letter from morons

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

What the..

You're gonna be on t.v. Remember to endorse the forums :O

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011

What the..

man

swearing is part of my business

one guy literally uses "fuck" every other word.

we joke about how he needs a swear jar

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    edited March 2011

stupid friends.

1-1 what?

LoL D:

I'll download it.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

What the..

man

swearing is part of my business

one guy literally uses "fuck" every other word.

we joke about how he needs a swear jar

the oilfield bidness can be a bit salty.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

What the..
    Awesome dude.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    evilbob wrote: »
    how to pick up girls by evilbob

1. watch quincy

2. wait for girl to ask you what you're watching

3. when she looks at you funny for watching quincy say "fuck you quincy is awesome!"

bob if you're still hanging around this is for you
    FA0054-3.jpg

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh my god

that statue picture in the Dinosaurs thread, literally had me on my side laughing 'till it hurt.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

What the..

how did they hear about your storY?

So It Goes on
This discussion has been closed.