As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Regular [chat]: TAG UP! TAG UP!

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bob, don't feel like you have to translate temperatures or weights or measurements for us.

Don't lower yourself to that level. I admit I have to look stuff up a lot but damn it. YOU guys have it right. Don't change it for us. We should have to learn.

I am really taking a bootstraps approach to this for myself.

Ludious on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    anyone else enter in coke rewards points or whatever? I like to picture it turning out like Lazlo from Real Genius.

Ahhh, my memory is definitely coming back to form. feels good, man.

Dynagrip on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh shit guys PI

OMG it's like stepping in to the 50s and I am a white male.

Quid on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Good old sunny London. First hint of warm weather and some old fat white guy will take of his shirt, buy a pack of lager or cider and go sit somewhere public to sun himself while he gets drunk

Really, I need to get hold of some Strongbow and sit outside myself. Show those French how it's done.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    good to see you quid!

tyrannus on
    edited March 2011
    tyrannus wrote: »
    good to see you quid!

Beer is 20 pesos!

I hate submarines!

We pulled over so we could pee and chase a water buffalo!!

Quid on
    edited March 2011
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    time to see if i can go dink around with an EMU

Dynagrip on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Elizabeth Taylor, Lifelong Star, Dies at 79, A.P. Reports
    Lifelong star? Well, that's polite of them to say... I don't think 15 year old "White Diamonds Perfume" commercials being aired counts as "lifelong" though.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Those of you with sun and means to buy cider need to get out there and display yourself drunk to the eternal undying Sun for those of us stuck in the snow or indoors

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Richy wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Thought you said you didn't want a cardboard box.
    Yeah I'm getting the impression that my expectations are not up to NYC standards.

Yeah you're probably going to have a hard time finding a decent hotel for $100/night in Manhattan...however, there are quite a few hostels around that are pretty good deals if you don't mind sleeping around strangers.

TomeWyrm on
    edited March 2011
    There's still snow?

Quid on
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Lifelong star? Well, that's polite of them to say... I don't think 15 year old "White Diamonds Perfume" commercials being aired counts as "lifelong" though.

Careful Matt. You'll anger the Acolytes of Arrested Development.

Deebaser on
    edited March 2011
    Why would it snow?

Quid on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    We're supposed to get snow this weekend -_-

TL DR on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I've been unemployed for over two months now. This has been sort of by choice since I took time before I started looking for a job to actually have a vacation. The last vacation I took was to visit my mom, and visiting my mom is not a vacation, so I haven't really had time off in probably 5 years. Anyway, I'm a night owl and I was at the point that I was going to bed at about 9 or 10am. I was sleeping better than I had in years, but I don't really want to sleep all day if I have a choice, so I forced myself back to regular schedule. Last night I went to bed at 10pm and had the worst, most restless sleep I've had since I lost my job.

It's like my body responds to night how most people respond to day. :/

Nova_C on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Blergh. Have to go to physio.

BobCesca on
  • TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Deebaser wrote: »

I think you're thinking of Liza Minnelli, there.

TomeWyrm on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Quid wrote: »
    Why would it snow?

quid

what is up

you are alive i see

Arch on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A theory I saw about Gordon Freeman:
    When he sees his co workers hot daughter (as a baby no less) he bends time so he can fuck her when she's old enough. You think the combine invasion was a "problem"? Nah, that's just his way of keeping her busy and from getting laid. The G-Man? He works for Freeman and everything else that's happened in the Half-Life universe was his idea.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist."

And I'm like, "No, that's not poss.... wait..."

He caused the resonance cascade and made sure he'd survive it by being in the suit. He got G-Man to put him in a state of suspended animation long enough for the Combine to take over, so he could then come and "rescue" everyone. Then he
    lets Eli die, to get him out of the way.

Then I think, wait, he didn't cause the resonance cascade, Kleiner did. Kleiner's been pulling the strings this whole time.

tl;dr, Kleiner is the real bad guy.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited March 2011
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    A theory I saw about Gordon Freeman:
    When he sees his co workers hot daughter (as a baby no less) he bends time so he can fuck her when she's old enough. You think the combine invasion was a "problem"? Nah, that's just his way of keeping her busy and from getting laid. The G-Man? He works for Freeman and everything else that's happened in the Half-Life universe was his idea.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist."

And I'm like, "No, that's not poss.... wait..."

He caused the resonance cascade and made sure he'd survive it by being in the suit. He got G-Man to put him in a state of suspended animation long enough for the Combine to take over, so he could then come and "rescue" everyone. Then he
    lets Eli die, to get him out of the way.

Then I think, wait, he didn't cause the resonance cascade, Kleiner did. Kleiner's been pulling the strings this whole time.

tl;dr, Kleiner is the real bad guy.

You: 0:00 - 0:11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dt5Nf7ct5c

Me: 0:12-0:24

JustinSane07 on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

She did some appearance stuff in the last decade. And she was a star for long enough to count.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    [chat] is slower than Trig Palin

Ludious on
    edited March 2011
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    TomeWyrm wrote: »

I think you're thinking of Liza Minnelli, there.

touché

Deebaser on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    @TomeWyrm:
    Yeah, we're looking seriously at the Chelsea International Hostel. Do you know it? How is it quality-wise?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man I feel sorry for Kristina Keneally. She's been handed one of the deadest dogs ever in politics, and it's probably set to wipe out the rest of her political career.

electricitylikesme on
    edited March 2011
    Richy wrote: »
    @TomeWyrm:
    Yeah, we're looking seriously at the Chelsea International Hostel. Do you know it? How is it quality-wise?
    It's a nice place. It's in Chelsea, which is an extremely fashionable neighborhood in NYC.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011

that was Liza Minnelli, dudeguy

and do you seriously feel menaced by arrested development fans

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I see Quid has already announced his triumphant return to the real world!

radroadkill on
    edited March 2011

yeah, where was he anyway

on a boat

or something?

Arch on
  • radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Arch wrote: »

on a boat

or something?

Doing his job. On a water-related craft. Somewhere. In the ocean.

This is what I know of his job and where-abouts when he's gone.

radroadkill on
    edited March 2011

on a boat

or something?

i seeeeeeee

also i read that recipe and dannng it looks good

how long does your tofu take to thaw out after you freeze it?

i have been meaning to do that

EDIT: and do you just toss it in there in the pack and water or do you drain that off first

Arch on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    edited March 2011

on a boat

or something?

Have you ever picked up one of his cufflinks and it shot a laser through your ceiling?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited March 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

that was Liza Minnelli, dudeguy

and do you seriously feel menaced by arrested development fans

Arrested Development is a good show despite the fans, imo.

Deebaser on
    edited March 2011
    HA HA OH MAN HONEY, THE CUFFLINK STORE MUST HAVE GIVEN ME... SOMEONE ELSE'S CUFFLINKS HERE DOES THIS RAG SMELL FUNNY TO YOU?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

on a boat

or something?

Have you ever picked up one of his cufflinks and it shot a laser through your ceiling?

This is like my family's theory that our Uncle who "works for the british government" as an "accountant" must be a spy, since what kind of accountant spends his entire working life in all the world's hotzones and routinely rides around with SAS?

He's been in Baghdad pre-Gulf War I and post-Gulf War 2, Sierra Leone, Nigeria and probably some other crazy places.

Totally a spy.

electricitylikesme on
This discussion has been closed.