As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX PRIME 2011 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

13031333536

Posts

  • pewpewmagoopewpewmagoo Registered User new member
    SmallLady wrote:
    Please try to be patient with [email protected] the people manning that email address are currently on site doing set up for PAX.

    I completely understand that they're most likely swamped, but hypothetically speaking, if they don't get back to us should we show up to Will Call and get our badges?

  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    We are unable to comment on hypothetical situations.

    E6LkoFK.png

  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote:
    Please try to be patient with [email protected] the people manning that email address are currently on site doing set up for PAX.

    I completely understand that they're most likely swamped, but hypothetically speaking, if they don't get back to us should we show up to Will Call and get our badges?

    yes, if you haven't heard by the time you leave for PAX, bring your confirmation to will call and it will have to be sorted out there.

    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    We are unable to comment on hypothetical situations.

    FYI: this is official word that I've received. :)

    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • pewpewmagoopewpewmagoo Registered User new member
    Thank you!

  • SideswipezSideswipez Registered User
    When we get to PAX is there a registration that we have to do or do we just show our pass and we are good to go?

  • ValanderValander Registered User regular
    Sideswipez wrote:
    When we get to PAX is there a registration that we have to do or do we just show our pass and we are good to go?

    If you've got your badge, you're good. If you did will-call, or BYOC, you'll have to go pick those up, though.

    D.
  • spacestationsspacestations Registered User
    Sideswipez wrote:
    When we get to PAX is there a registration that we have to do or do we just show our pass and we are good to go?

    If you have your tickets mailed to you, you wait in line till everyone is let inside. If you didn't get your tickets mailed to you, you print your receipt emailed to you and head to "Will Call" to pick them up.

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote:
    Please try to be patient with [email protected] the people manning that email address are currently on site doing set up for PAX.
    Yikes.. If they're doing set up now, that doesn't give them a lot of time to deal with everyone's e-mails then. :( Especially if they're going to be as swamped as I suspect they are.

  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote:
    Please try to be patient with [email protected] the people manning that email address are currently on site doing set up for PAX.
    Yikes.. If they're doing set up now, that doesn't give them a lot of time to deal with everyone's e-mails then. :( Especially if they're going to be as swamped as I suspect they are.
    They're on site setting up. They are swamped. I doubt any emails will be replied to regarding reg anymore, but everyone with reg problems should still send them so that they have a log of things and can help you more effectively at the Will Call windows.

    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote:
    What brand are the PA Merch shrits? I want to make sure I get the right size

    PA Men's merch shirts are mostly Gildan brand
    Women's cuts are a mix of Bella shirts & American apparel

    Fixed!

    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote:
    SmallLady wrote:
    What brand are the PA Merch shrits? I want to make sure I get the right size

    PA Men's merch shirts are mostly Gildan brand
    Women's cuts are a mix of Bella shirts & American apparel

    Fixed!

    HUZZAH!

    A note on the ladies shirts: They run small. I wear a Men's medium, but a women's XL. Merch booth enforcers are encouraged to wear examples of what we're selling. Don't be shy asking for size advice!

    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • CBattles6CBattles6 Registered User
    Sorry if this has already been discussed. I found a few opinions by searching, but I'd be interested in hearing a few more.

    This is my first PAX, and it may be my only one (at least Prime). I want to hit the Q&A on Friday, and I've heard attending the keynote is the best way to guarantee myself a seat. What's a reasonable time to get in line at the Paramount?

  • (DN)Bow Master(DN)Bow Master Registered User regular
    Hey, I was wondering if I dont have PAX badge am I still able to roam around the convention ground?
    Like parts where it's PAX Badge-check-free-zone.

  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Hey, I was wondering if I dont have PAX badge am I still able to roam around the convention ground?
    Like parts where it's PAX Badge-check-free-zone.

    If you mean like the bottom floor of the convention center, or, like, the subway on the 4th (?) floor, sure.

    If it's anywhere else, no.
    CBattles6 wrote:
    Sorry if this has already been discussed. I found a few opinions by searching, but I'd be interested in hearing a few more.

    This is my first PAX, and it may be my only one (at least Prime). I want to hit the Q&A on Friday, and I've heard attending the keynote is the best way to guarantee myself a seat. What's a reasonable time to get in line at the Paramount?

    I imagine people will be getting there at 6 am, or possibly earlier.

    If you just want a seat, and you don't care where it is, no later than about 8:30.
    If you want a good seat, as soon as possible.

    SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • (DN)Bow Master(DN)Bow Master Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    edit.
    I think I understand,

    (DN)Bow Master on
  • callmemike20callmemike20 Registered User
    I won't be able to make it to PAX until Friday evening. Will I still get a goodie bag and all the other stuff people get when they first get in?

  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Exactly where would the line be forming for the keynote/Q&A--outside? In the lobby?

    Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I won't be able to make it to PAX until Friday evening. Will I still get a goodie bag and all the other stuff people get when they first get in?

    Yep!

    Ferquin wrote:
    When's the earliest one can get in for the Paramount to get in for the keynote/Q&A panel? Also, exactly where would the line be forming--outside? In the lobby?
    I think the line is actually supposed to start at 8, but people get there much, much earlier and essentially queue to queue.
    If you really want to get in, I suggest getting there no later than about 8:30.
    I, myself, will be in line at roughly 7-7:30 AM.

    Also, I believe that if you're there before the line officially starts, you may be outside.
    I am not sure of this though, as I have no experience with the paramount.

    SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote:
    Masonvd wrote:
    So would you suggest skipping the Mega 64 panel then if I'm more interested in Giant Bomb?

    I have no idea how popular Mega 64 or Giant Bomb will be. However, if you want to make sure you make it into Giant Bomb, it's probably a good idea.

    Ducking out of Mega 64 early to check on the line for Giant Bomb (or just checking the PAX_lines twitter feed from the comfort of your seat) may also be an option...if it looks like it's filling up, you can always bail early on Mega 64 to secure a place for the next panel. But that way if it's not looking full you can just chill 'til the end.

    I think Pegasus is pretty big, and I know that I went to a couple panels in it last year (when it looked to be a similar size) that only filled it up to like 15%-30%.

  • disposablecompdisposablecomp Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I have seen on the forums will-call opens at 2 on Thursday but the official_pax twitter account said noon. Does any one know for sure which it is?
    Thanks

    disposablecomp on
  • MasonvdMasonvd Registered User
    mcdermott wrote:
    SmallLady wrote:
    Masonvd wrote:
    So would you suggest skipping the Mega 64 panel then if I'm more interested in Giant Bomb?

    I have no idea how popular Mega 64 or Giant Bomb will be. However, if you want to make sure you make it into Giant Bomb, it's probably a good idea.


    Ducking out of Mega 64 early to check on the line for Giant Bomb (or just checking the PAX_lines twitter feed from the comfort of your seat) may also be an option...if it looks like it's filling up, you can always bail early on Mega 64 to secure a place for the next panel. But that way if it's not looking full you can just chill 'til the end.

    I think Pegasus is pretty big, and I know that I went to a couple panels in it last year (when it looked to be a similar size) that only filled it up to like 15%-30%.


    Thanks, probably the best idea yet!

  • ChichenChichen Registered User
    I can't believe I'm getting on the plane tomorrow..It feels like it's only been a couple days since I bought the badges for PAX. I'm so excited.

  • nochilinopitynochilinopity Registered User
    I suppose I'll ask here...what's the cheapest way to get from the airport to near the convention center (my hotel's near there)? I get in around 11pm tonight. Is cabbing my only hope?

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    check the light rail schedule. I think it's still running at 11pm. It's certainly your cheapest option.

  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    The light rail is the cheapest. You pick it up from the parking garage at the airport and it takes you to the Westlake center downtown (a couple blocks from the convention center). It costs $2.75 but the last train leaves around midnight. So, getting in at 11 means you should make your escape as quickly as possible or you'll be stuck paying for a cab or shuttle.

    E6LkoFK.png

  • nochilinopitynochilinopity Registered User
    zerzhul wrote:
    check the light rail schedule. I think it's still running at 11pm. It's certainly your cheapest option.
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    The light rail is the cheapest. You pick it up from the parking garage at the airport and it takes you to the Westlake center downtown (a couple blocks from the convention center). It costs $2.75 but the last train leaves around midnight. So, getting in at 11 means you should make your escape as quickly as possible or you'll be stuck paying for a cab or shuttle.

    Perfect! Hopefully my cousin isn't checking any bags in. Thanks!

  • OmegaDMZOmegaDMZ Registered User
    So one of the panels that I want to go (The AVGN panel) starts at 12:00. Any idea of when should I get in line? I suspect this one will be hugely popular.

  • On Friday morning can I go right to the AVGN panel lineup instead of standing in the bigass lineup in the actual convention centre? f I remember correctly, isn't the Serpent theatre located outside the convention centre?

  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    OmegaDMZ wrote:
    So one of the panels that I want to go (The AVGN panel) starts at 12:00. Any idea of when should I get in line? I suspect this one will be hugely popular.

    Something I try to remember, and also something I tell all my first-time PAX friends, is that if you really want to go to a panel, and be assured a spot in, get in line at least 2 hours early.
    This goes doubly so for anything with the Penny Arcade guys, Wil Wheaton, and most things in the main theater.

    Wx8ay.png
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Registered User regular
    Hey, I was wondering if I dont have PAX badge am I still able to roam around the convention ground?
    Like parts where it's PAX Badge-check-free-zone.

    If you mean like the bottom floor of the convention center, or, like, the subway on the 4th (?) floor, sure.

    If it's anywhere else, no.
    CBattles6 wrote:
    Sorry if this has already been discussed. I found a few opinions by searching, but I'd be interested in hearing a few more.

    This is my first PAX, and it may be my only one (at least Prime). I want to hit the Q&A on Friday, and I've heard attending the keynote is the best way to guarantee myself a seat. What's a reasonable time to get in line at the Paramount?

    I imagine people will be getting there at 6 am, or possibly earlier.

    If you just want a seat, and you don't care where it is, no later than about 8:30.
    If you want a good seat, as soon as possible.
    The line will be outside the Paramount. You'll need to have your badge already though, so if you need to get it from Will-Call, do that before getting in line at Paramount.

    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Registered User regular
    I won't be able to make it to PAX until Friday evening. Will I still get a goodie bag and all the other stuff people get when they first get in?
    Yes. We should still have many bags and programs through at least mid-day Saturday.

    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Registered User regular
    Ferquin wrote:
    Exactly where would the line be forming for the keynote/Q&A--outside? In the lobby?
    The line will be outside the Paramount. You'll need to have your badge already though, so if you need to get it from Will-Call, do that before getting in line at Paramount.

    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • iguyiguy Registered User
    Couple questions;

    First, I'm driving in from the eastern Washington friday morning which means I'll be hitting the I-90.
    At about what time should I expect traffic to be at its worst because of the closure.

    Second, Will there be a separate lineup friday morning to get into the annex for HaloFest or is it just the two for the hall and the keynote.

  • OmegaDMZOmegaDMZ Registered User
    I suspect traffic will be hell at around 9-10:00 am on the bridge.

  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Registered User regular
    iguy wrote:
    Second, Will there be a separate lineup friday morning to get into the annex for HaloFest or is it just the two for the hall and the keynote.
    Halofest will have a separate line outside the Annex on Pike street.

    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • courtneyjcourtneyj Registered User regular
    Anyone whose hotel is near the University tunnel exit and was planning on getting off the light rail there- take the elevators! Most of the escalators are down for repairs right now and I just saw quite a few tired looking geeks with giant bags coming out of there.

    Also if you are taking that exit the 3rd & University east side tunnel exit (which has both 4 story up & down escalators broken right now) there is a map on the wall right outside it. Handy if you need directions.

  • causaboncausabon Registered User
    iguy wrote:
    First, I'm driving in from the eastern Washington friday morning which means I'll be hitting the I-90.
    At about what time should I expect traffic to be at its worst because of the closure.

    The 520 closure is only on the weekend! Friday is normal traffic -- which is still no fun, because that's rush hour inbound to the city. Expect peak delays between about 8:00-9:30, but nothing exceptionally bad.

  • courtneyjcourtneyj Registered User regular
    Friday I-90 traffic into downtown isn't horrible. I can generally make it from I-405 to Madison St exit in 15 minutes on Fridays at around 8:30. Try to take that exit if you can to your hotel. You'll deal with 1 way streets but it's quicker than merging to I-5.

    And the right 2 lanes merge from 90 to I-5N not just the far right.

  • thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    Anyone picked up their passes at will call? I couldn't seem to find it + some lady that works with the convention center said the will call started at 2pm....HELP!!!

    Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
This discussion has been closed.