As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Microsoft word and running out of cd-keys

Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
A relative of mine stupidly reformatted her HDD, well system restored it to factory settings and now everytime she wants to use Word it asks for a CD-key. They've already used theirs 3 times and I wondering if they could just order another key?

She's a student so she'll get the discount should she have to buy it all over again but it would be far more convenient if they could just input the new serial rather than downloading the new one and uninstalling the old program.

Big Classy on

• Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    She could call Microsoft. This isn't exactly a new problem for them. I've heard of people being given extra keys before.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    dd she try actually using her key or is she assuming since she used it that many times it won't work?

i have installed my copy of ultimate 2007 way more than 3 times due to formats , new HDD etc and its worked fine with the same key

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just call Microsoft and they'll give you a new key.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Apparently it does work. She thought she'd trigger some sort of anti-piracy lockdown or something. Yay technophobes!

Big Classy on